Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RAF Chain

Default RAF Chain

This is a combined plan of everything that I have researched and decided to do.

Please advise is their are any gapping holes.

I want to have 5 man teams and I will be boosting from a mage. The mage is currently on Account Y which I gave to a family member about 18 months ago who still plays. So I have decided that I will do a PCT of the mage onto a new account which is called Account A. Once the boosting is complete, I will paid character transfer the mage back.

From my base account A, this mage will be doing all of the boosting. This leaves me with fears that I will have 6 teams of 4 characters on Accounts B, C D and E, but only one mage which I will not have in the end anyway. So I have decided that I will set up my RAF chain like so:

A -> B -> C
    A -> D -> E.

This means that if I do 6 teams of four characters in the 90 days, the accounts would look like this:

Chain 1
    Account A - 1x Mage
    Account B - 6x lvl 60s
    Account C - 6x lvl 60s.

Chain 2
    Account A - 1x Mage
    Account D - 6x lvl 60s.
    Account E - 6x lvl 60s.

I then will use the grant levels on C and E to grant to B and D respectively. From 6 level 60, that would give me 180 grants. That means that Account B would then have 9 level 60 and Account D would have 9 level 60s.

Then I would use the grants on account B and account D, to grant 9 level 60s to Account A. Overall, if they have 9 level 60s, that is 450 levels, which would be 225 grants each. Right? Overall that comes to 9 level 60s?

This means that the final team structure would be

Chain 1 and 2
    Account A - 1x Mage, 9 x level 60s ( the mage will be transfered back to Account Y)
    Account B - 9x lvl 60s
    Account C - 6x lvl 60s.
    Account D - 9x lvl 60s.
    Account E - 6x lvl 60s.

Can someone please confirm that this is correct and there isn't a gaping whole in my plan?
    I think this works quite well. Would you change anything? ie.. I am using the grants on all characters as from level 1... that seems wasteful? So maybe I should only do 5 teams instead and level everyone to level 10? Advise?

The majority of us Raf in the A-> B -> C -> D -> E -> Format. meaning for every level 60 you boost on account E, you get the following.

D-> one and a half level 60's.

C-> one and 3/4 level 60's (He gets 60 while boosting with E, then gets granted 45 levels from D, D's 30 + the 15 you got ON D when granting from E.)

B-> Two Level 60's (one from boosting, One character 1-60, from granted levels from accounts c-d-e *cascade effect)

A- Two and one quarter level 60's. 30 Levels from B + 15 + 15 + 15.

I hope this made sense.... Just to help you clarify y ourself the mage your going to use is on a "childs" account, this way the TOS Nazis here don't give you a bunch of shit. I wouldn't PCT anything... just use your "childs" account and boost the set of B-C-D-E.

If you got 10 bucks to spare, and want to save alot of time do A-B-C-D-E and F then cascade all the way down. Will save you a large portion of time leveling on account E (I should have done this --- hell im tempted to right now). In the End Dump F it would be junk anyways keep a-b-c-d-e.

Really hope I didn't confuse you.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Iceorbz: But how many level 60s will I have on Account A with your linear chain? I'm concerned that since Account A will be doing all the boosting and won't individually level any character that he won't have half as many level 60s.

On my chain if I do 6 teams, I will have 9 level 60s on A. (I think...)

Also, whats account F for?
    I'm happy to buy another account. I'll be spending several hundred anyway.

Credit to Ualaa -- he put this stuff together.. This is how it rolls.

That is 6 toons, or (6×30) 180 levels to grant.
    A Has 0 RAF Toons and a Booster.
    B Has 6 Toons and grants A 180 levels.
    C Has 6 Toons and grants B 180 levels.
    D Has 6 Toons and grants C 180 levels.
    E Has 6 Toons and grants D 180 levels.

But we have cascade linked our accounts into a chain.
    B Has received 180 levels from C and can give an extra 90 levels to A
    C Has received 180 levels from D and can give an extra 90 levels to B
    D Has received 180 levels from E and can give an extra 90 levels to C

And…
    B Has received 90 more levels from C and can give 45 more to A
    C Has received 90 more levels from D and can give 45 more to B

And…
    B Has received 45 more levels from C and can give another 22 to A.
    So A in total has 180+90+45+22… 337 levels.

Level your characters on A to level four on six characters, you just saved 24 granted levels. Leaving you 336 levels to grant, to get 6 level 60's on account A.

Why did I want F ? Because the way im leveling right now I have A - B - C - D - E... (five accounts I want to use, and wanted full toons). Well this blows ass because now I really am leveling 9 level 60's on account E. If I added one more account for junk. I would get a free level 60 on E (the one I want to keep) for every two I level on F. So this would save me boosting 3 characters to 60 -- or about 30 hours. You will have plenty of characters :P don't worry. I do quests on mine till about level 15 when i can summon. So I save alot of levels that way,
    Last edited by Iceorbz : 09-09-2010 at 08:42 AM

Shaman FTL Setup -

Thanks very very much Iceorbz. That is the set up I will do then.
    I'm just looking to get a good set up for gold farming, and I think it really helps to know what my final accounts will look like.

If you were to have another RAF now, would you level 9 teams to level 60? Or do you think I am doing the right thing at doing only 6.

I would accounts do a through f (just to speed things up on E), dumping f in the end (cus its garbage, and only wanted five). I would level as many teams and combo's to 60 that i can stomach =p. l

Shaman FTL Setup -

Well, I don't think I will mind doing a full accounts worth, but I want to be able to see a reason. If I can't see a reason then I can't see the point! I'm new to multi boxing, so i don't know the potentials.

The reason, is pretty simple, why let experience bonus on RAF go to waste? Make every class combination you can while you have RAF. This way you don't have to do it later.
    This leaves more options for tradeskills, easy raid bosses, certain quest rewards and the like.

Shaman FTL Setup -

Do A-B-C-D-E

with one transfer you can:

You did 4 characters 1-30
    You did 2 characters 30-60

You got 5 characters level 60.

120 low levels
    60 high levels

gets you:

300 high levels

Woot!

If you can't figure it out go to my website and pay 49cents.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!