Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Farming instances w/ 2-boxing

Might have to go back on the road for my job soon, so I would be playing 1 or 2 accounts on my laptop until I come back in a few months. One thing I would love to do is farm the old stuff like Strat, Kara, MG and whatever else is good for gold/hr.

I know solo paladins and druids can mass kill groups of mobs. Would a 2nd toon speed things up a lot? Options for a 2nd toon would be warlock, priest, mage, druid, and shaman. If not, I'll just leave one account active.

Thanks.

Well if you haven't farmed any of the old world mounts such as the Deathcharger in Stratholme or Midnight from Khara, Tiger/Raptor Zul Gurub. Then those are good places to go and make money while going for a goal.

You only need 1 paladin to farm those-^ Having 2 toons might be good for extra storage.

Shado has a decent guide up that hits on some old world stuff. Things from Molton Core sell for a fortune on my server. Blood of the Moutains alone go for 500-700g. Sulfuron Ingots sell for 2k+, lave/fiery cores 50+. For MC 2 toons would give some advantage but it is soloable by a paladin just takes time.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Yeah the old world stuff is easily farmable by 1 toon. A good second toon might just be an alt that you need some exp on with alot of big bags.

I got over 300 stacks of runecloth from Ud strat while boosting 3 different groups... that stuff drops like crazy!
    Use my tailor to make some lvl 50+ items and get Greater essence and illusion dust from it. Sold pretty well till i flooded the market lol.

Thanks for the advice. One toon it is then.

note that everything old world is farmable with a single paly, but somethings just take loooong. Your paly tank is literally invincible, but has typically lowish dps.
    Adding a DPS toon to it would speed things up and make themmuch easier i reckon.

For example just think Thekal in ZG for the tiger mount, you need to make sure they die together, and one of them heals. if you kill too slow then you might no be able to prevent all the heals and it *could* become annoying.

most of the cases you'll only need the paly however.
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    note that everything old world is farmable with a single paly, but somethings just take loooong. Your paly tank is literally invincible, but has typically lowish dps.
    Adding a DPS toon to it would speed things up and make themmuch easier i reckon.

For example just think Thekal in ZG for the tiger mount, you need to make sure they die together, and one of them heals. if you kill too slow then you might no be able to prevent all the heals and it *could* become annoying.

most of the cases you'll only need the paly however.
    Honestly even with my 5 toons I always just solod Thelek on my pally. Took all of 8 minutes. If you do both Bloodlord then it's like 15 mins for both. Depending if you accidently pull a pack then get ping ponged into another and so on, lol. But if he's farming gold then I guess time/pulls aren't a concern.

Anyway they're easier to just solo. When I very first got into boxing I was only dual boxing and tried Thelek etc... They mind control and other weird stuff. Never really studied what exactly was happening and didn't bother with it. For Thelek just time your avengers shield/hammer of justice when the healer tries to heal. If she gets the heal off just switch to the targe that got healed. Works like a charm. Did it for 9 months every reset until I got both mounts so I got lots of experience lol.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    Honestly even with my 5 toons I always just solod Thelek on my pally. Took all of 8 minutes. If you do both Bloodlord then it's like 15 mins for both. Depending if you accidently pull a pack then get ping ponged into another and so on, lol. But if he's farming gold then I guess time/pulls aren't a concern.

Anyway they're easier to just solo. When I very first got into boxing I was only dual boxing and tried Thelek etc... They mind control and other weird stuff. Never really studied what exactly was happening and didn't bother with it. For Thelek just time your avengers shield/hammer of justice when the healer tries to heal. If she gets the heal off just switch to the targe that got healed. Works like a charm. Did it for 9 months every reset until I got both mounts so I got lots of experience lol.
    lol ok, i just go with my full team and aoe them in a 20seconds.
    my runs (thekal + mandokir + gahz'ranka for the poly turtle) take about 20min from landing in Grom gol to hearthing out of ZG.
    depending on whether i pull a troll or 5 on the way. The bouncy ones near Mandokir are a bit annoying since they can make you pull more stuff.
    .[I

As has been said, as a t10 geared prot pally not much can kill you farming old raids, but I usually take my almost as well geared hunter when ZG mount grinding or clearing MC as the added DPS makes a huge difference to the amount of time these runs take. It also helps a huge deal on bosses/mobs that can resurrect such as the ZG tiger boss and the 5 core hound mobs in MC.

I would have to reccomend MC for farming as possessing the legendarys (Thunderfury/Hand of Rag) will give guild reputation in Cata, lazy people like myself will want to just buy these mats . In fact I've spent 10k over the last couple of weeks buying sulfuron ingots, elementium ores and bars.
    Last edited by Mickthathick : 09-08-2010 at 11:35 PM Reason: I can't gramma well