Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default WoW - Multiboxers Quest Reference

I've started to compile a list of quests that may be of interest to my fellow multiboxers. Currently I have both Silverpine and the Barrens completed.
    Example

Link to the pdf with what I've finished so far...
    Silverpine and Barrens

I am hoping to get the Ghostlands finished up sometime soon and then sit down and hammer out a rough quest order for level 10-20.
    -Stav

here is the full list of all 200 ingame quests that involves killing mobs (as objective rather then as means to an end [read: not looting poor drop rate crap but kill as objtice])

http://www.wowhead.com/?quests&filter=na=kill;ex=on

1) use the level range option to filter the ones that your team\alts can pick up
    2) grab high level char
    3) blast away!

=) did I help?

On a related note, I 5-box and gathering quests are the bane of my existence...

...but...

...because I have different classes with different class quests etc some of them get more exp and some get less. I find the gathering quests handy to sync up experience again. So whenever I have a gathering quest I will loot with my lowest experience characters first. This way I only hand in the quest for one or two of my characters but I keep my exp bars more or less synced. Exceptions are certain quest chains where everyone has to get the drops or where there is a juicy reward.

For instance, in Outlands my Pally is eyeing up the shield reward from the Bonechewer Blood gathering quest. I killed loads of those Bonechewers and only 2 characters have all the required drops. The shield is a 500 armor upgrade over my current shield though but the Pally is already a bubble or two of exp ahead. Conundrum.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Quote Originally Posted by 'samuraicow',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30255#po st30255
    here is the full list of all 200 ingame quests that involves killing mobs (as objective rather then as means to an end [read: not looting poor drop rate crap but kill as objtice])

http://www.wowhead.com/?quests&filter=na=kill;ex=on

1) use the level range option to filter the ones that your team\alts can pick up
    2) grab high level char
    3) blast away!

=) did I help?
    The biggest problem I had using wowhead's filter for trying to find target quests is that it often disregards a quests placement in a chain, my hopes for my little side project are to have a visual road map that will help people plot out alternative leveling paths. For example if a quest has a collection requirement earlier in the chain but yields large reward, non-collection quests later on than it might balance out the tedium of the collection part.

I have to admit after your reminder of being able to define custom filters for wowhead though I've gone back to help try and narrow down some of the more commonly missed / hidden quests that were not appearing under the more traditional zone - > quest sorting.

My other goal was to work at providing a resource for those players who either don't have high level support or don't want to make use of such support.

-Stav

Someone needs to make a mod that tells you what quests you should do with a filter so you can pick and choose. I have already heard there are quest mods that tell you exactly where to go and even have arrows and what not. I would assume such a filter system wouldn't really be that hard to do.
    70 Warrior main 70 Lock add 70 Mage add 70 Shaman add
    Team Sick and Twisted. 5 lvl 21 shamys. :P

I've been thinking about this as I've been going over my copy of Kopps guide again and considering the implications of 5-boxing.

If I am 5-boxing and not doing collection quests then I am going through the kill quests 5x faster than expected so my xp will be less (eg if I have to do a kill 10 mob quest but all characters get credit for each kill then rather than killing 50 mobs I only kill 10 and each char only gets 1/5th the xp the guide expects) so perhaps the tedium of the collection quests makes up the lost xp since I then have to kill 5x as many mobs as I'd have to to get the drops....but even then, if I am only getting 1/5 the xp per kill I'd still only get the equivalent of a full kill per mob by the end so I'd still be down xp from where I expect to be and I dont think the group bonus will help :/

Ah well, think doing the collection quests will still help to keep levels going at the rate they are meant to be so will do them as often as I need to I guess but the maths may need to be worked out still.

From my past experiences, it may be still viable for us to do the collection quests.

It was bad for me to do the collection quests in the Shimmering Flats. But it would be much easier / happier if you assign each character to do an unique one. For example, char A do the collection of scorpion's stuff, char B do the collection of turtle scales etc... It should theoretically make all your character advancing at the same speed.

I kind of took this approach after I left the stupid Shimmering Flats area. inch:
    *Hint* some STV quests, some Badland quests...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Knytestorme',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30281#p ost30281
    If I am 5-boxing and not doing collection quests then I am going through the kill quests 5x faster than expected so my xp will be less (eg if I have to do a kill 10 mob quest but all characters get credit for each kill then rather than killing 50 mobs I only kill 10 and each char only gets 1/5th the xp the guide expects) so perhaps the tedium of the collection quests makes up the lost xp since I then have to kill 5x as many mobs as I'd have to to get the drops....but even then, if I am only getting 1/5 the xp per kill I'd still only get the equivalent of a full kill per mob by the end so I'd still be down xp from where I expect to be and I dont think the group bonus will help :/
    You will run out of mobs very quickly.

Grinding instances is a LOT more efficient than grinding non-elites for quest drops.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Quote Originally Posted by 'thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30297#post30 297

Quote Originally Posted by 'Knytestorme',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30281#p ost30281
    You will run out of mobs very quickly.

Grinding instances is a LOT more efficient than grinding non-elites for quest drops.
    correct, however just general grinding you get more experience for each item in the following order. Quests>grinding elites>grinding non-elites. This wasnt always true really but the change sin 2.3 and others for pre 60 questing made a huge difference to this. Personally I grind instances with a few quests smattered in (mainly the instance quests)
    http://pewpewsquad.blogspot.com/ http://www.stage6.com/user/pewpewss/videos/
    Team 1- 5 shamans <The PewPew Squad> Team2 - <Y o u Lo se> 70 druid, 70 shaman, 1 paladin, 24 mage, 1 mage
    Team 1 -> <1--10--20--30--40--44--50--60--70>

While you do get less experience per-mob when doing "kill X" quests with a group, you complete it faster and the quest experience is not diminished. And now that they decreased the experience-per-level between 20-and-60, while increasing exp rewards from quests within that same level range, you may find that you're not running out of quests. Even with the lower experience from kills!

Not just that, but if you are in rested exp, you get the best of all worlds, since quest reward exp doesn't drain rested exp.

Personally, since I'm just running my four alts through instances with a level 70 shaman, I just try to make sure I'm locating and completing as many of the instance quests as I can. When I was 5-boxing shamans, I would take some of the collection quests depending on certain factors--

1- If the quest required a relatively low number of items to collect.
    2- If the quest required a relatively low number of mobs to kill (ie, a very good drop rate).
    3- If I had other quests that required me to kill the mobs that dropped the quest items.
    4- If the quest had a reward or rewards that I really wanted for my group.

Some collection quests were disqualified just based on the amount required. Regardless of drop rates and rewards, collecting 20 of an item for 5 characters... not gonna happen. But collecting 5 per character, with a decent drop rate and a good reward? Worth a shot!
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog