Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default want to set up/transfer chars for 10 boxing

I have 8 wow accounts w/ about 4 lvl 80s on each account, I want to set up a second Bnet acccount and create 2 new accounts on it, and transfer a few chars around so I can set up a 10 box team (actually 2 5 box teams, my son would run one) if I want to, I'm a little confused as to Blizzs rules reguarding char transfers to new Bnet account, please help me interpret this correctly before I waste the money! Here is what Blizzs support page says:

30 Day Restriction on Transfers Between Battle.net Accounts
    An additional temporary restriction becomes effective immediately upon a World of Warcraft account merge. For 30 days, the account can only transfer characters to other accounts within the same Battle.net account – it cannot transfer characters off of the Battle.net account. Thus, in this example:
    •World of Warcraft Account A and World of Warcraft Account B have both been merged with Battle.net Account 1 for less than 30 days
    •World of Warcraft Account C has been merged with Battle.net Account 2 for more than 30 days

• World of Warcraft Account A can transfer to World of Warcraft Account B since they share the same Battle.net account.
    • Account A cannot transfer to Account C, since Account C is part of a different Battle.net account and it has been less than 30 days since Account A was merged.
    • However, Account C can transfer to Account A since the 30 day restriction applies to transfers from Account A, not to Account A.

What i'm getting from that is that I can transfer chars from my existing Bnet account to new accounts on a new Bnet account, but cannot transfer them off the new Bnet account for 30 days?? (As long as both B net accounts and player accounts are in my name) Does that seem correct?

Deadguy
    Last edited by deadguyfred : 09-04-2010 at 12:08 AM
    Deadguyfred
    Arathor Horde Shammies Andagurls, Andagurls, Andagirlz, Andagirls and Sianee Pally tank LVL 85. Druids x 5 LVL 85, Pallies x 4 LVL 80, Locks x 4 lvl 60.
    Necronelly DKs x 4 + Omghalp Disc Priest current FOTM

I could be wrong..... but most of that is talking about "merging" accounts... Since your simply creating a new separate Battlenet account and then hooking two new WOW's to it... there is no merging involved? Merging is what happens if later you wanted them to be all on the same Battlenet account?

In theory the second battlenet account should be in your name or Blizzard won't transfer the toons to it, Bliz doesn't seem to follow their rules tho and from friends experience have allowed transfers between battlenet account owned by different people (with different names).

Yes you can transfer characters from one bnet acct to another with the same name on each. I have done it.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

Here's how I think it works.

You can't transfer between 2 different b.net accts, if the account you are transferring (the wow acct IN the actual bnet acct) is less than 30 days old....

But that's not a restriction if it's the same b.net acct.

If you have 2 different b.net accounts - Bnet 1 and 2

Then you create a new wow acct on Bnet 1 called wow 1
    and create a new wow acct on Bnet 2 called wow 1

You can't transfer Bnet2.wow1 to Bnet1.wow1 acct until Bnet2.wow1 is at least 30 days old
    But you could transfer at any time on Bnet 1, as long as it's another wow acct on Bnet 1

If the wow account, in the battle.net acct is over 30 days old, you are free to transfer to anything...
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews