Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default Innerspace safe?!

Hi, quite a serious post, please don't instantly dismiss what i have to say as there is something fishy about it.

About 3 months ago I had my account hacked, it just happened to conincide with myself starting up multiboxing again. After getting everything recovered i attached an authenticator to the account and have never had problems since.

About 2 weeks ago a RL mate re-subed and I logged on to his account a couple of times from my machine to give him gold and let him know what state his character was in as he was DL'ing and patching the client. Now hes running a Mac and although they are not immune to viriuses I do know that there are few people that bother writing them for it.

This morning as we both logged on I accidently hit the Innerspace short cut on my quickstart bar. thinking nothing of it i closed the application 10 secs after opening it. About 1 hour later my mate kept getting disconnected, then his password was changed and he couldn't log on. he quickly managed to reset his password and got back on his account before much damage was done.

When i was hacked about 3 months ago it was when i had download innerspace for the first time. i has never crossed my mind until now as i paid for a 3 month sub, loads of people use it and it seems like a legit piece of software. my mate also logged into his email from my machine so all the details nessesary to take the account and change the password where there, it just so happened to be just after i opened innerspace, which i haven't done for the last 2 months.

This may just be a massive coincidence but it needs to be looked at.

Thanks
    EU - Ghostlands
    4 boxing warlocks, lvl 60 of 30/06/10
    Dotonce
    Dottwice
    Dotthrice
    Dotquadrice

Just my two cents,

I don't think the account hacking issue has anything to do with Innerspace or ISBoxer. I have been subscribed to Innerspace since December last year. I only recently (couple months ago) got an authenticator for my accounts. I have never been hacked with or without the authenticator, or while using Innerspace.

What PROBABLY occured, is that some website you visited managed to install a keylogger on your system. That would explain how both accounts got hacked. If the keylogger is still on your machine, when you logged into your friend's account, it got his account info.

The fact that you happened to use the IS shortcut is probably just a coincidence. I would strongly recommend that you completely wipe and scrub your system to remove the keylogger, then re-install everything clean.

Also, your friend needs to get an authenticator ASAP, since whoever installed the keylogger now has his account login info. Without an authenticator, they can just brute force his password.

Hmmm... Inner Space hasn't hacked me yet.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I dont know man, Lax is pretty close to Hax........... busted!
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

Innerspace, assuming you got it from a valid source, should be perfectly safe. It would be just plain bad business for Lax to go around letting his program get tied to keyloggers. You could have gotten it simply by visiting a site, as some can be installed without your knowledge through ads etc. And it doesn't need to be a fishy or even wow-related site.

Both you and your friend should do a full virus and malware scan, make sure ALL your plugins and security tools are patched and up to date and change your passwords and Battlenet info from a CLEAN computer. Since some keyloggers are notoriously hard to get rid of, you may need to go all out and format/reinstall your OS. There's also been a few posts stating that some keyloggers won't be detected until you load WoW, so try that, too.

I'd also second the idea of getting an authenticator on your friend's account.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I've been using Innerspace and Lax's products for probably at least 3-4 years. Over multiple games. Never had a problem. Innerspace "hacking" accounts would be about as smart as Blizzard hacking their own accounts.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I never got hacked because I know how to use the internet

I wear protection each time I start IS.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Coltimar View Post
    I wear protection each time I start IS.
    Sounds nasty on days with long playing time. Sweaty ftl

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I never got hacked because I know how to use the internet
    Atleast you think you do :P