Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I never got hacked because I know how to use the internet
    This is a false statement, even though I'm sure you were saying it in jest. You don't need to do anything incorrect to get hacked now a days.

I know how to use the internet and I was hacked a few years ago when wowhead.com sold advertising space to someone who put up a malicious ad which installed a keylogger. Even when visiting sites with a good reputation you can get hacked.

Yes I could have "not installed flash" and I wouldn't have been hacked, but I compromise my internet safety to enjoy the internet experience and rich multimedia content. This is a trade-off that I make.

These things can happen outside of your control. Honestly no one is safe if they are on the internet. If someone wants to get into your computers and they are on the internet there is almost nothing from stopping them if they want it bad enough.

It's like saying a car alarm protects your car. The alarm is just a deterrent, just like locks, or any other security device. Those things only stop the people that are opportunistic thieves. If someone wants it bad enough you don't have a chance.

We all risk this while on the internet and we protect ourselves from 99.9% of the threats because we just aren't worth the time/effort to get hacked by the people that could get to us regardless of what we do.

It is possible your Innerspace exe got infected with something that got run everytime you clicked on it.

Like others I have been using Lavishsoft products for awhile now and been very happy with the updates, the support and the product itself. I think my only gripe I've ever had about the software is its lack of detailed documentation, but I can forgive this for the software evolves so quickly and I love that part about it.

Perhaps download AVG/Mcafee and Spybot etc and check your system?

this happened before I got hacked, therefore it caused the hack

Quote Originally Posted by DLoweinc View Post
    These things can happen outside of your control. Honestly no one is safe if they are on the internet. If someone wants to get into your computers and they are on the internet there is almost nothing from stopping them if they want it bad enough.
    We all risk this while on the internet and we protect ourselves from 99.9% of the threats because we just aren't worth the time/effort to get hacked by the people that could get to us regardless of what we do.
    You can always use a decent operating system you know ... and I lol-ed @ the 99,9%
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

I didn't read the other posts here but I'm willing to give my thoughts, it is quit possible that if you were doing a lot of research about class/macros/FTL at the same time as acquiring the IS/ISBoxer software, you just happen to get hacked at the same same time. I have used Lavish software for over a year without ever a thought about hacking.

I do take a lot of precaution in the things I do but online, that doesn't mean that I won't get hacked, just that I'm a bit more proactive than some. Just saying, consider that you were doing a lot more than just buying multiboxing software, you needed the info on what your specs/gems/whatever else that you looked into at that same time.

It's an interesting thought... Symantec seemed to think Inner space was acting like a keylogger after it updated itself in the last couple of days. But I haven't been hacked yet. so can't say I'm too worried. Not all of my accounts have authenticators on em yet.

One of the simplest and easiest things one can do beyond AV/Firewal, windows updatesl etc etc is use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. While far from full proof it generally seems to be a safer option when surfing.

One of the simplest things you can do is spend a buck on the Authenticator app or $7 on a keyfob authenticator. Counting on a browser to protect you is like counting on an uncommon name from protecting you from identity theft.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    One of the simplest things you can do is spend a buck on the Authenticator app or $7 on a keyfob authenticator. Counting on a browser to protect you is like counting on an uncommon name from protecting you from identity theft.
    I'm fairly confident in my computer security... since I work in the industry.. I wasn't recommending people not get one, I think everyone should get one, if they don't they can't really complain about getting hacked since it is so very easy to get hacked these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrypott View Post
    I'm fairly confident in my computer security... since I work in the industry. I wasn't recommending people not get one, I think everyone should get one, if they don't they can't really complain about getting hacked since it is so very easy to get hacked these days.
    So was heyaz over here. [His third post down from the 1st]
    Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    I seriously doubt that; I'm a security analyst by profession and have done phishing campaigns myself. I loaded the emails in a VM and inspected the headers and links which all pointed to the official Blizzard sites - they would've had to have spoofed the content client-side via a rootkit level proxy, DNS or some other method. The accounts were locked out before I even read the emails. If they managed to trick me, honestly, they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Hmmm... Inner Space hasn't hacked me yet.
    Hmmm, but I do seeem to recall you got a very 'persuasive' letter from Blizzard's Legal department that one time...

To the OP - I highly doubt it's Innerspace, Lax has too much to lose to do something like that. The only possible connection would be if you somehow downloaded it from an unnoficial source, like a torrent, and a nasty person had snuck a keylogger on it - but that could happen to any file you download.