Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Cata CE?

Default Cata CE?

Does anyone know yet if the pet in the Cata collectors edition will be spread across your battlenet account like the mini thor pet or if it will only work on one inner account per copy?

CE has always been on a per wow account basis, so it'll only be for the one WoW account that you buy the CE code for.
    Though I think you still might be able to transfer characters with them if they are still BoA like the vanilla CE?
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I don't think I'll ever buy another CE again. Been burned too many times (stares at stack of CE boxes on shelf).

Sure the pet is nice but all the other stuff coming in the Cata CE is just junk. So it's like paying an extra 45$ just for a pet that you'll bring out maybe once or twice ever.

Sorry just wanted to rant some =D
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Now if it came with a MOUNT, that'd be something different!
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

CE should come with a hero class that's only available to CE. It should be a hero class capable of soloing 10man content.
    Firetree, Alliance.

Adiabat (Prot Pally), Isochor (Holy Priest), Isobar (Frostfire Mage) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Corpsebréw, Corpsebrèw, Corpsebrêw (3x Death Knight) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Femtotank (Prot Warrior), Femtoheals (Disc Priest), Femtosummons (Demo Lock) <Active, 105>

F^*$ CE edition . A box to find a place for and a pet that costs a heap. They should really try to put some effort into the CE editions. New starcraft one wasn't too bad. CE editions never interested me tho

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    CE has always been on a per wow account basis, so it'll only be for the one WoW account that you buy the CE code for.
    Though I think you still might be able to transfer characters with them if they are still BoA like the vanilla CE?
    The reason I ask is because of the pet you get from purchasing "one" SC2 CE is found on all characters on all wow accounts under the battlenet account you bind the SC2 account to.

Will one Cata CE do the same or will it like you state above be just like other expansions and require one CE expansion per wow account for the desired outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthier View Post
    The reason I ask is because of the pet you get from purchasing "one" SC2 CE is found on all characters on all wow accounts under the battlenet account you bind the SC2 account to.

Will one Cata CE do the same or will it like you state above be just like other expansions and require one CE expansion per wow account for the desired outcome?
    I suspect that this is because a given player is less likely to buy multiple copies of starcraft than they are for wow.
    Also, the fact that cataclysm is an expansion to a game, unlike starcraft which is a standalone game.
    I dunno how to explain it clearly enough, but it just makes sense to me the way they've done these things.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vicker View Post
    CE should come with a hero class that's only available to CE. It should be a hero class capable of soloing 10man content.
    I agree, I think then it would be worth the $30 extra.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    I agree, I think then it would be worth the $30 extra.
    Yes and getting 5 would allow you to solo 25 man content
    Styrr - Legion of Boom - GM