Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: FFXIV Open Beta

Default FFXIV Open Beta

FFXIV open beta begins in a few hours! Please play this game and attempt to persuade me that it isn't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by SquareEnix
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 1!

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT).

Starting on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!
    http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

I'm DLing the beta client now. I have a hard time logging into WoW atm. Content is old and stale ( and i have everything i need for cata.ie gold mats etc..) Might go back and fire up old accounts on other MMOs I've played in the past, just to pass time while I wait for cata. ( if FF sucks )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Well, it seems to have a story. At least in the very very beginning; then the voice acting stops and it's really hard to figure out what is going on.

My biggest gripe is that there is no jump. That's right, you can't jump. Nada. Hitting space lets you start typing to chat. While it may seem silly to be an issue, I'm just so used to jumping on my characters that the thought of it not being there feels strange.

The interface is okay, but the map needs some work, especially a zoom. I just have this feeling that there is a log going on in the game, but I'm not sure if I can do something about it, or which submenu the command to do something about it is hidden under.

Granted, this is from about 60 minutes or so of playing around, half of that time spent making a pink haired cute cat girl. So in summary, the game has cat girls, it will do just fine.

If there are people that are planning on playing, and a common server gets picked, the sooner we decide on it, the better. I hate finding out 3 days after launch that everyone went to a different server.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.

Well, I was planning on Selbina if no one else has a server picked out, but I'm also planning on putting it off for a few months because the game REALLY needs some polish.

Sad thing is, if the dev team turns out to handle things like it did in FFXI (and it appears they are) that may take 6 months to a year+.

im downloading it now, but from the EU so guess i'll be alone

Servers are world wide. Japanese, NA, EU, Aus, everyone gets to play together.

ah cool, started a new toon on selbina or whatever, called Hathen Ramur

Started downloading files, but that stuff was taking forever... Most of the time i was just sitting uploading to people and not getting any download.

How long did it take you guys to download?

took about 6 - 7 hours downloading at about 200kbs,

Had some problems with the download finishing but a few closes of the client soon sorted that out.

you can speed up your download by loading the patches with a standard torrent program like utorrent.

Files are located under:

C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

There are 2 gibberish folders underneath there with a folder called meta info and patches. The torrents are under metainfo and you want to point them to download to the patches folder, or move the file there if you download it somewhere else.