Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Yes, my first team finally 80! :-)

My first team hit 80 today, pally healer + 4 hunters. :-)
    Yes, I know hunters aren't ideal in difficult dungeons (like heroics) but I have a lvl 80 priest to replace one of them with if/when needed, and turn the pally into a tank instead. My first goal now is trying to upgrade my gear playing BG and WG for a while. After this I intend to try out all dungeons in normal mode and then move on to heroics.

A question, when I later on want to try heroic dungeons are they all equal in difficulty? Or are e.g. Utgardt keep less hard compared to e.g. Ulduar just like in normal mode? (No, I have never tried playing on heroic solo either).
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Grats!

paly tank + 3 hunters + priest healer should be quite viable to instances and such. You'll have to tell us how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    A question, when I later on want to try heroic dungeons are they all equal in difficulty? Or are e.g. Utgardt keep less hard compared to e.g. Ulduar just like in normal mode? (No, I have never tried playing on heroic solo either).
    no, some are harder than others.
    I personaly found gundrak / draktharon / Culling of Stratholme to be easier (if you take it nice and slow)
    Some harder ones to start multiboxing on would be occulus / halls of lightning.

Don't forget the Icecrown instances (in normal) mode, as they yield loot on par (or better) than the other instances in heroic mode.

make sure you grab cheap iLevel 200 blues on the AH, they will be a good start for gearing up
    .[I

[edit] deleted - double post
    .[I

I'd like to see how you do, too. If you need any advice for easy ways to score some gear or any other help just ask. I'm not the smartest guy here but I am willing to help.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

Just for fun I installed the gearscore addon. Currently they have 2900, at which point will heroics be possible without being outgeared?

Do you think all normal dungeons will be possible using my pets (four bears) as tanks, or will I need to switch the pally into a tank in those as well? How is e.g. the icecrown dungeon? I never been there
    valle2000

i'm not sure how the gearscore matches the instance levels, but think of it this way:

the 70-79 normal instances drop iLevel 138-183 items
    the level 80 "normal" instance, drop iLevel 187 items
    the level 80 "heroic" instances drop iLevel 200 items / iLevel 200 epics
    the Icecrown normal instances drop iLevel 219 epics
    the Icecrown 'heroic' instances drop iLevel 232 epics

have a look at your gear, and check what the average iLevel of your toons is.
    if it's around 187, then it's time to move towards heroics,
    if it's around 165 then, keep on working on normal level 80 instances
    and so on :-)
    .[I

Does this mean ordinary heroic dungeons are in fact easier than normal icecrown?
    So I should play some heroics before even trying the normal icecrown dungeon?
    valle2000

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    Does this mean ordinary heroic dungeons are in fact easier than normal icecrown?
    So I should play some heroics before even trying the normal icecrown dungeon?
    I would say the icc normal dungeons are indeed harder than older heroics. particularly Halls of Reflections.

You should be able to do Garfrost / Ick in Pit of Saron and James Brown in Forge of Souls, but Tyrannus/Devourer might be rough, and Halls very hard.
    Then again, it drops better loot, and emblems.
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    Then again, it drops better loot, and emblems.
    afaik every wotlk hc dungeon boss drops emblems. Emblems in HoR hc are the same as for utgarde keep HC. There are 3 quests however that will net you 6 emblems of frosts in total upon completing them. But that's only a one time thing.

Note: you forgot ToC though.

So ...

HC's drop blue lvl 200 gear from bosses except 1 epic 200 piece for the final boss of the hc
    ToC normal drops 200 lvl epics for every boss
    ToC hc drops lvl 219 epics for every boss
    ICC dungeons (FoS/PoS/HoR) on normal drop ilvl 219 items for every boss
    ICC HC drops ilvl 232 items for every boss
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!