Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Default JC/Alchemy Cost and Time

As part of preperation for Cata, I am thinking of starting JC/Alch on my toons. I have read some of the older threads and wow-profession.com on the subject. Approximately how long and how much does it cost you to level a team? I have 2 teams at 80. One team has over 5k each toon. the other team has 2k each. Tanks have skinning already. Another toon on each team has disenchanting. What are the scripts for crafting? I cant find the threads any more and i didnt copy them down. Do i do Alchemy first since you need the transmute?
    Last edited by lightstriker : 08-30-2010 at 03:22 AM

To power level alchemy (as in, I'm too lazy to farm herbs) cost me about 2 to 2.5k per toon (I did 6 toons this past week). I hear jewel crafting is retardedly expensive to level.
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

Quote Originally Posted by Siaea View Post
    To power level alchemy (as in, I'm too lazy to farm herbs) cost me about 2 to 2.5k per toon (I did 6 toons this past week). I hear jewel crafting is retardedly expensive to level.
    Indeed. Due to it being one of the most wanted proffesions and the supply for the gems needed to level hardly exists.

This might be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having multiple JCs? Is it just to get all the cuts faster? Or some kind of cooldown that they have/will have? Maybe dragons eyes for sale?

you need more alchemist than JC. one JC icy prism gives 2-3 gems that you need to transmute. so roughly you need 2-3 alchemist for ever JC you have.... at least that's what I've found.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

Jc's have a daily which gives them coins. For 4 coins (4 dailies done) you can learn a new design or buy a dragon's eye(~100g) The more JC's you have, the fewer days you have to wait for a new design.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    Are the coins not Soulbound? and so you would wait the same amount of days but get a pattern on each toon?
    Exactly, so if you want 10 designs and have 2 toons you only have to wait 5 days? But i understand what you mean

You can do a fast mat test on that

04 days - 1 player 1 cut - team of 5 5 cut
    08 days - 1 player 2 cut - team of 5 10 cut
    12 days - 1 player 3 cut - team of 5 15 cut
    16 days - 1 player 4 cut - team of 5 20 cut

It´s going to take 1 player 80 days to get the 20 cut that the 5 man have after 16 days - more different cut = more money
    Last edited by Tin : 08-30-2010 at 04:48 PM
    Eonar - EU

Yes but cuts sell for different prices, one JC is more then sufficient as you will obviosly be buying the cuts that sell for the most first anyways.

Just for boxers you can do more dailies sooner but I bought tons of titanium ore to get the powder to get the things you buy the recipies with so you don't need to do dailies (but I spent over 50K on ore but I got a lot of that back from the gems I found also).

I would not make more then one JC (I making 2 out of 36 as one guy is already at 350 so don't want to waste him).

Im giong enginerring instead for pvp.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!