Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 29

Okay, so that's what I thought it was - really, I could only see a bunch of JCs able to exploit the market by having all cuts first for so long. Would it be long enough to recoup the massive expense of leveling a JC in the first place?

The other issue I see with it is that you need to actually do a daily quest - which is pretty easy if you have one team, but when you get to having 5 teams it just seems like a lot of drama.

My goal in Cata is to have bunches of tailor/alchemists - both have cooldowns that can be sold, and neither will require (so far) anything other than clicking a couple of buttons to use them. Tailoring is dirt cheap to level since you get piles of cloth as a byproduct of leveling your team, and alchemy isn't terribly expensive.

Thanks for clarifying the reasoning behind having a herd of JCs

thanks alot guys and gals. I think just need some reassurence before starting a huge project. I think I'll start one JC and 4 alch. there's doesn't seem to be any cool down for JC recipes.
    Last edited by lightstriker : 08-30-2010 at 09:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Okay, so that's what I thought it was - really, I could only see a bunch of JCs able to exploit the market by having all cuts first for so long. Would it be long enough to recoup the massive expense of leveling a JC in the first place?

The other issue I see with it is that you need to actually do a daily quest - which is pretty easy if you have one team, but when you get to having 5 teams it just seems like a lot of drama.

My goal in Cata is to have bunches of tailor/alchemists - both have cooldowns that can be sold, and neither will require (so far) anything other than clicking a couple of buttons to use them. Tailoring is dirt cheap to level since you get piles of cloth as a byproduct of leveling your team, and alchemy isn't terribly expensive.

Thanks for clarifying the reasoning behind having a herd of JCs
    Even now, uncuts sell for up to 50g less then cut gems on our AH. market is pretty inactive aswell, so if you actually use JC at max level, you can easily earn a profit.

Sidenote: if you would sell the cloth instead of using it it would give you gold. So to be honest, it's far from free. But you just don't have to spend gold on it. Alchemy cooldown proved to be much more valuable then the tailoring one. So if you use the CD every day, Alchemy will net you a lot more profit. Especially combined with JC.

Quote Originally Posted by lightstriker View Post
    thanks alot guys and gals. I think just need some reassurence before starting a huge project. I think I'll start one JC and 4 alch. there's doesn't seem to be any cool down for JC recipes.
    There's indeed no cooldown on cutting gems.

Only the Prism is a cooldown, which is a 20h CD spell which requires some uncommon gems. In the Prism you'll find possibly an epic gem and/or a rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleburst View Post
    Even now, uncuts sell for up to 50g less then cut gems on our AH. market is pretty inactive aswell, so if you actually use JC at max level, you can easily earn a profit.

Sidenote: if you would sell the cloth instead of using it it would give you gold. So to be honest, it's far from free. But you just don't have to spend gold on it. Alchemy cooldown proved to be much more valuable then the tailoring one. So if you use the CD every day, Alchemy will net you a lot more profit. Especially combined with JC.
    On my server, there is SO MUCH CLOTH that the only ones worth selling are wool and mageweave, occasionally runecloth (but that's been iffy for me), usually - otherwise it sells for just a bit over vendor price, and if you have an auction fail to sell even once you wind up losing money due to deposits; even when it sells you still wind up barely breaking even because of the AH cut. Functionally, there's essentially no difference between using it to level tailoring or risking a loss/slight profit. To further skew things, I have been making a substantial income selling everything my tailors make while skilling up as disenchant fodder (once I've gotten my own enchanter skilled up, of course).

What's really odd is that, for many items, I can sell the items to be disenchanted for, in many cases, more than I'd be able to sell the dusts/essences for if I just DE'd them myself! In any case, I'm making more by skilling up tailoring and selling the results (either as items or dusts/essences) than I would from just selling the cloth right now.

I will probably have a single max level JC - I just don't see the value in leveling a bunch of them in order to take advantage of a very limited window of opportunity to have ALL the cuts before anyone else, especially given that my server is medium/high population, so there will certainly be plenty of competition for cuts right off the bat.

Looks like a sign of "each market is different" and "your mileage may vary"

Quote Originally Posted by DLoweinc View Post
    Looks like a sign of "each market is different" and "your mileage may vary"
    Indeed and i'd like Kate's market

How long would it take to re coup costs of leveling alchemy? 2500g to level.. 100g a day profit with cut gems even with costs of materials? 25 days?

Looking at doing it on 5x toons when I have the cash

Won't tailoring potentially be a good money spinner in cat?

Curently have two tailors, one is only at 325 for cloth scavenging on my tank to get a bit more cloth until I potentially replace it later. The other is on my Mage and planning to keep that for crafting.

JC will sell for tons, and if you take the time to read shodokans post about JC and buying mats / crafting ect you will understand why he uses so many jc's. Theres alot to get with the gem's and if you have *ALL* the patterns you never miss someone wtb anything.

Just make sure if you level multiple jc's you have a plan like one guy gets caster gems, one guy gets melee, or do colors =p.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Quote Originally Posted by Harrypott View Post
    How long would it take to re coup costs of leveling alchemy? 2500g to level.. 100g a day profit with cut gems even with costs of materials? 25 days?

Looking at doing it on 5x toons when I have the cash

Won't tailoring potentially be a good money spinner in cat?

Curently have two tailors, one is only at 325 for cloth scavenging on my tank to get a bit more cloth until I potentially replace it later. The other is on my Mage and planning to keep that for crafting.
    The huge difference between them is demand. Every single player will need gems.

I'm not sure on CD on tailoring, but if it's again 4 days, then there's no way you're gonna make a 400g profit on that cooldown. You could still go for it since you won't have to do dailies, but if you're looking for just money, tailoring is probably the least profitable. Alchemy will beat is aswell i think.