Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

I just ditched my SP at 80 and converted him to holy. He was doing bad dps and going oom quickly, too. Not doing SW:P on trash is essential, like everyone has said. I do use SW in my trash rotation. I also have Mind Sear (don't recall if you have it at 79) on an AoE hotkey. I usually do Mind Blast, SW, MF, MF, MF then repeat on trash. You may need to do some tweaking with 4 priests.

Your gear is horrid, but that's what you are working on, right? I did dps = to 80% of my Spell Power. That's terrible, I know, but it was about all I could manage until the very end. I tweaked my spec and macros and managed to do around 2700 dps with 2450 SP.

You can check out Coventar and his macros to see if you find anything useful. My DS is still shadow.

One side note, it is definitely worth keeping SW:P up on bosses, but you should only have to cast it once if your talents refresh it. Also, making sure Shadowfiend was out 100% of the time is was available and having a hotkey for Dispersion

Good luck!
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

My 80 priest damage in shadow spec sucks. Just sucks. Tried all variants of click macro's from these forums and just gave up. She's back tol holy spec and sitting on a shelf as I run now with a druid healer.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

SPriest is very hard to macro and get good dps. I was checking a statistic site the other day and SPriests are last in dps in all raids (average) and not by a small margin. I solo PuG icc with one and I have to work my ass off to keep on the charts with 13k dps hunters/mages/rogues/warriors. If the spriest has to move at all your dps starts dropping massively. They have only DP and Shadow Word death for instant damage and neither are any good. It makes me sad because I actually enjoy the class.

I'm saving my Dk + Spriest team till Cata because I just cant level them. They just OOM too badly which was exactly their problem in TBC. I'm hoping they get a whole bunch better in Cata and I might continue to level them in the xpac.

I was going to do 1 Holy Priest, 3 Shadow Priest and a DK Tank.

Make sure you are using glyphed dispersion on cooldown. That should help a ton (well when you are high enough level for it)

Thanks for all the good advice. I will take SW: Pain out of my trash rotation, and look into getting the glyph. I know my gear is horrid, but it sounds like they will always have mana problems until 4.0 (who knows, then).
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

I tried priests once, 4xpriest + pally and I hated them for the same reason.... no mana.
    they were fat from all of the drinking they had to do.
    I know you can cast the pet every so often and as long as the pet is doing dmg you get mana back.
    I like starbuck's idea of disc priests.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

Dispersion + Pet + Replenishment... you shouldn't be drinking that much. I only run oom on very long boss fights.

edit: of course Im forgetting low level peeps that don't have access to these talents =X
    Last edited by Multibocks : 08-27-2010 at 03:50 PM

Saw your post and decided to work on my SP macros for a while.

This is what I came up with:

/stopmacro [channeling]
    /target [harm,nodead] [target=raid1target,exists,nodead] [ target=party1target,exists,nodead]
    /assist focus
    /stopmacro [notarget]
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target/combat Vampiric Touch,Shadow Word: Pain,NIL
    /castsequence reset=combat Mind Blast,Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay,
    /castsequence ,Shadowfiend,,,,,

This works a TON better than what I was using before - try it out and see if it helps. Improve it if possible, I'd love to see it made better!
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden