Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Big Transfer = Hours of planning

Today I started the transfer process of 11 toons from Malygos to Doomhammer to Join Nighthawke, Coltimar and gang in their guild Consecrated.

I didn't realize it was going to take so long, but starting at 8am, I started packing up my main team of five level 80s and six level 60s to follow them.

My level 80s were all in a semi-raiding guild and my lower toons were all in an alt guild I had created to take advantage of a guild bank and tabs to store all my mats for different professions.

Wanting to take most of that with me I didn't realize that it would take me literally over four hours of moving stuff around between all eleven toons so that I could take everything I needed to start over on a new server.

Just a word of caution to anyone else who plans to do this - if you organize your banks periodically, instead of all at once, like I did, it will save you a huge headache if you plan on a big move like the one I made today.

New sig to follow as when all my toons land on Doomhammer they will mostly all have new names.

Cheers -

Mal
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Mind if I ask how much $$? Sounds expensive...
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

$275 if my math is right. o.O

I'd almost rather relevel the ones you have at 60.
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

$25 x 11 oh emm gee math crits us all !

Im in agreement... 5x$25 then RAF a bunch of other toons to 60.

Gotta pay to play
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Welcome to Doomhammer....

Myself and Poyzon (both 5 boxers) are also on Doomhammer =)

Heh, I just xferred over one of my 80's to back up my now levelling group there and I spent maybe 3 hours getting prepared. NOT organizing, but buying stuff on my old server that was CHEAP but sells regularly for vastly more on Doomhammer. Welcome to the guild, and hope to see you in game soon

Welcome, Malgor. Someone should be around to /ginvite you later, if they haven't already
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

I got him in. We are getting LARGER!

Thanks Coltimar! Thanks for the invite, Kate! Thanks Tehmuffinman - I'll look for you guys as well!

Money wasn't really the object since WoW is my hobby and I saved up for this move. It was $275 to transfer (11x25).

The biggest thing I should have done was copy all my macros onto wordpad so I could have easily pasted them back in. I had spent a lot of time tweaking them so they were perfect for my style of play and was unhappy that the macros didn't transfer over, oh well I think I have them close to what they were after a couple hours of experimentation.

Doomhammer has a lot of people!

Will get more time to play after my work week which ends Monday morning.

On my old server people always called me a hacker when they would see me.

In my first hour on Doomhammer, I had several people in IF come up and say, "Oh you are a multi-boxer I haven't seen here before", so they are already more educated. Looking forward to the upcoming months.

Mal
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327