Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Talking Old world bosses worth farming

Hi all,
    i was making my own shortlist of bosses to visit, to see if i could increase my cash flow a bit.
    Came up with this list, thought i might share it.
    Please feel free to add to it

This is based on a multiboxed 5 toon mixed team. results may vary :-)

Code:
    Zone                  Boss                  Drops      Special / Strategy
    Stratholme            Baron Rivendare       10g        Mount / Tank & Spank
    Magister's Terrace    Kael Thas             25g        Mount / Tank & Spank

Zul'Gurub             Gahz'ranka            20-40g     Poly Turtle (300g+) / Tank & Spank - Requires fishing
    Zul'Gurub             Bloodloard Mandokir   20-40g     Raptor mount / Tank & Spank
    Zul'Gurub             Thekal                20-40g     Tiger mount / Kill all 3 together or they will rez

Temple of AQ          Trash                            4 Bug mounts / Tank & Spank.  Red mount has low drop rate

Hinterlands           Ysondre               160g       Kite around, avoid cloud, Nature immune
    Ashenvale             Lethon                160g       Kite around, avoid cloud, Nature immune
    Feralas               Taerar                160g       Kite around, avoid cloud, Nature immune
    Duskwood              Emeriss               160g       Kite around, avoid cloud, Nature immune

Karazhan              Attumen               50g        Fiery Warhorse / Tank & Spank

Hellfire Peninsula    Doom Lord Kazzak      520g       Dispel debuffs, stay at max range, spread out

Hellfire Citadel      Magtheridon           520g       Tank picks up all adds,
                                                          Dps peels them off and kill them separately, 
                                                          heal through boss aoe,disregard infernals

Shadowmoon valley     Doomwalker            520g       Spread out, nuke. Trinket at 20% (does double damage)

Serpentshrine Cavern  Hydross the unstable  250g       Not sure if the tank can stay put and take the extra 100% dmg
                                                          Spread out to avoid chaining Frost tombs. 
                                                          Frost or nature immune, depending on phase.
    obviously not a full list of killable bosses, just a shortlist i will start from. killed a couple already, will try the rest shortly
    cheers,
    -Zub
    .[I

Raptor pet out of ZG

http://www.wowhead.com/item=48126
    Last edited by HPAVC : 08-23-2010 at 06:20 AM

In magister's terrace, Kael'Thas can also drop the Phoenix pet.

Gruul's Cavern is multiboxable as well. When fighting High King Maular, just pull and nuke down the healer with 4 earth elementals and then switch to nuking HKM. Once HKM is dead, it doesn't matter if you die or not since nothing respawns and you can loot and progress to Gruul. Gruul himself is even easier than HKM, just spread out and nuke. Reposition after shatter. Both bosses drop vendorable epics, tokens and 250g each.

Molten Core is also most likely worth your effort. 320g in total from all the bosses and possible legendaries such as Windfury bindings and Eye of Sulfuras. Sulfuron ingots also sell for around 500g on my server, same for the Blood of the Mountain that drops from the Molten Destroyers and Dark Iron deposits. Lava/fiery core (~25-40g) is still used for rep-grinding with Thorium Brotherhood, same for Core Leather (~2g/piece). Any BoE T1 epics you find can usually be AH'd for 50-60g each.

As for BWL, 1300g dropped from all the bosses, not to mention plenty of disenchantable/vendorable epics and possible Elementium ores (500g each). I actually like the T2 paladin set so I'm collecting that. Razorgore can be a bit of a pain but after that, the bosses are tank 'n spank. Chromaggus requires a cleansing totem and continuous decursing/dispelling/cleansing. Nefarian was a one-shot for me as well the first time I did him.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    Raptor pet out of ZG
    pet? from which boss?
    i listed the mount

Quote Originally Posted by warbringer View Post
    In magister's terrace, Kael'Thas can also drop the Phoenix pet.

Gruul's Cavern is multiboxable as well. When fighting High King Maular, just pull and nuke down the healer with 4 earth elementals and then switch to nuking HKM. Once HKM is dead, it doesn't matter if you die or not since nothing respawns and you can loot and progress to Gruul. Gruul himself is even easier than HKM, just spread out and nuke. Reposition after shatter. Both bosses drop vendorable epics, tokens and 250g each.
    my main concern was the mage actually, doesn't he 2-shot whoever he targets?
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    My main concern was the mage actually, doesn't he 2-shot whoever he targets?
    Steal / Dispell the magic shield, do 250k damage to the mage. Your tank should be able to cope with some 9k fireballs. Just keep him away from the group. More of an issue if you don't shut down the priest or you get a bad combination of overpowered shaman sheeps.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    Steal / Dispell the magic shield, do 250k damage to the mage. Your tank should be able to cope with some 9k fireballs. Just keep him away from the group. More of an issue if you don't shut down the priest or you get a bad combination of overpowered shaman sheeps.
    Did it friday with 3 guidlies as well. I just had one of my shamans who had agro. Easy to outheal.

I've tried 5boxing gruul's and can't get through that first boss pull without an added healer played by someone else. I can't micro manage it all yet. I haven't made any macros for spellstealing the mage etc so that may be what I need to do...

As long as I'm in Kara, I go do the three ballrooms upstairs in one pull each, the money alone would be worth it from looting, but I really like the numbers and to make the processor and fans warm up once a week. If you have a tailor, you can make netherweave bags from your lootins that still seem to sell pretty well. I body pull most of it and use the aoe pally stun when I get it to my group to slow the damage while magma totems take them down. I also run Zulaman a few times a week as time allows, all that cash adds up from looting and I let guildies come in and look for the mojo pet from the hex sticks. Even with skinning I finish in plenty of time to save all the npcs and get their extra rewards/piles of gold. There's also a cool trinket off last boss that summons three little witchdoctor gnomes that are fun to watch. It's worth noting that Doom Lord and Doom Walker both drop two boe epics that I still manage to sell for 500-700g each, so I keep an alt parked there and watch for their spawns every two days or so, and all day on Tuesdays.

just a quick and super simple strat for the emerald dream dragons.
    their common (annoying) abilities are:
    - a seeping fog that puts your toons to sleep when it reaches them
    - stacking cooldowns on your spells (need to wait a few seconds before being able to cast your spells even those with no cooldown normaly)

I spread my team out and tried bursting Ysondre a couple times but couldn't finish her due to the stacking debuffs and the extremely slow casting. Eventually the fog would put everyone to sleep and then it's game over. higher geared teams should have no problems but then again, they never do. This is more for low/mid geared teams.

what i did was very simple.
    - First, control your healer instead of your Tank
    - Spread your dps + tank so that they are at max range of boss and each other
    - pull boss, and using the healer just run in a half circle behind yout toons and heal whoever needs, while spamming your tank/dps key.
    -make sure the healer never gets into a cloud, don't worry about the others.
    - loot :-)

got 150g out of it, plus ~20g in drops, 2 BS plans and a BOE blue that might sell on AH, a sack of gems (perfect since i'm levelling JC on a toon) and the quest.
    plus, it was fun ;-)
    .[I