Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Hard Drive EXTREMELY Writes Slow - 4/sec

I am trying to transfer a lot of my files to a new hard drive for back-up. It's a lot of data, but the write speeds still seem very very slow. (1.25MB/second and max of 5.66MB/second).

I am using Windows 7x64, and the 2 hard drives are a 1TB in size.

Is there a setting that I can configure on Windows 7? Or what would be a way to get these files to transfer a lot quicker. Whether I copy a 6GB or 200GB file, it still writes at the speeds above.

What can I do?

Just a shot in the dark:

Maybe you connected one of the harddrives to an old USB 1.x port?

its costly but arconis true image home will clone your drive and it does it outside of windows so its way faster.

Cheaper is easeus todo backup.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

I didn't think this computer had a 1.x USB port. It's a brand new build. (Built it 4 months ago with the latest hard ware).

I am looking into Arconis True, thanks SDW.

You are copying over USB? something is wrong there... copying general files should go around around 10mb a sec min... on a average hard disk... would expect 1Tb disks to do at a avg 20MB a sec... or more..
    if your copying hundreds of thousands of tiny files you can really average speeds at times...

Might be useful to know how you have them hooked up, perhaps the external hard disk case if faulty your using? try a different usb port, on the back of the machine perhaps.

Oh and your just copying using windows explorer?

I am going to buy a new cable today to see if it is that.

But, I have used different ports, same result.

And yes, using Windows Explorer.