Close
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 75

Respect?? Would that be like being a legend? Like Bradster for the 10 boxing or Elly for the supreme PvP titles? Being good at something will earn respect, bragging about it won't
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    I disagree - you can absolutely earn a respect for someone's accomplishments even though it's video games. I don't know what else they have going on in their life so I can't comment on whether their sacrifices to get the accomplishment was a good or healthy choice, but I can still respect what they did. I certainly respect how Kromtor took an untested combination of DK+pallys and turned it into the most successful arena combo to date while starting a huge FOTM bandwagon. I can certainly respect peeps who are 10-boxing ICC, or completing 5 Shadowmournes, etc.

I agree, there are a lot of self congratulatory posts lately. IMO, some are worthy and some aren't - don't really care if someone posts them either way, because if I think their accomplishment is crap I just don't tell them congrats... doesn't mean I need to bash them, though (not saying you were, just writing in generalities now).

Well we will agree to disagree. There is no accomplishment in this or any video game worthy of respect. You should play for your self and no one else. If you are only playing to gain e respect then I feel sorry for you. If you respect somebody for their accomplishments in a video game, then again I feel sorry for you.

What you call respect, I call jealousy.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-25-2010 at 09:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Well we will agree to disagree. There is no accomplishment in this or any video worthy of respect. You should play for your self and no one else. If you only playing to gain e respect I feel sorry for you.

What type of accomplishment (non video games) would have your respect? Respect isn't some limited commodity that can only be given to a select few people, it can be given to many and in varying degrees without losing its value. Nobody mentioned anything about playing to get respect from other people - that doesn't mean I can't respect what others are doing. Jealousy is an emotion of insecurity and fear and it usually isn't synonymous with telling someone congrats (but does go hand-in-hand with bashing someone's accomplishments)
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    What type of accomplishment (non video games) would have your respect? Respect isn't some limited commodity that can only be given to a select few people, it can be given to many and in varying degrees without losing its value. Nobody mentioned anything about playing to get respect from other people - that doesn't mean I can't respect what others are doing. Jealousy is an emotion of insecurity and fear and it usually isn't synonymous with telling someone congrats (but does go hand-in-hand with bashing someone's accomplishments)

The value each person places on it is their own. If you choose to give it freely or in varying degrees lol then that is your choice. Other people choose hold theirs to a higher standard.

Edit: I guess jealously might have been the wrong word. After thinking about it I think Envy is more appropriate.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-25-2010 at 09:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Well we will agree to disagree. There is no accomplishment in this or any video game worthy of respect. You should play for your self and no one else. If you are only playing to gain e respect then I feel sorry for you. If you respect somebody for their accomplishments in a video game, then again I feel sorry for you.

Many people get respect for this video game. For quite a few it's not a game its a business, it's their lively hood, or its their hobby.

For example, Liquid TLO (The little one) was just some random player in starcraft beta, who now has a career on a real team. There is tons of respect for that.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Quote Originally Posted by Iceorbz View Post
    Many people get respect for this video game. For quite a few it's not a game its a business, it's their lively hood, or its their hobby.

For example, Liquid TLO (The little one) was just some random player in starcraft beta, who now has a career on a real team. There is tons of respect for that.
    Ya dude, what was I thinking. That shit deserves mad respect yo. If that guy sold t-shirts with his face on the front I would totally buy one.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-25-2010 at 01:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    /golfclap

Fenril claps half heartedly, clearly unimpressed.
    My new fav thing thanks fen

/golfclap

Anyway shodokan just admitted to trolling and posting lots and breaking tos don't feed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gramzngunz View Post
    I'm also surprised to see a forum that I'm used to hearing "adult" conversations from fall into such a juvinial tease fest bent simply on hurting someone else's feelings. Sure a fair amount of his posts were ego strokers, but come on... lighten up guys.
    I never used to post much but I remember back in the day when every little post was appreciated, congratulated, and respected. It didn't matter if someone was bragging about their accomplishment, with bragging there was always questions asked and answered that would help the community. At least to me, nowadays some posts are what I would expect to see on the general Blizz forums and not here.

And to make it clear, I am jealous, envy, and respect (however u wanna put it) everyone who has accomplished more then I have and were nice enough to share the info on how they did it.

A great man once said
    ... lighten up guys.
    and I agree.
    Duelist title in S4 boxing 5 shamans
    Duelist title in S8 boxing 4 shamans + priest

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Made me laugh A LOT. You can't out troll me.... there are other places i have over 14k posts and all i do is troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knytestorme View Post
    I lol'd

Then I saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
    Well, to start off, I like to quit the game, and THEN like just two days later set some unreasonable goal for myself to accomplish in-game. Nothing keeps me interested in the game more than going from apathy to masochism is less than a week.

Then, I like to drum up support for a community based service of some sort, say a guide on how to fish, claim to be "working" on it, promise that it will be completed and that I won't flake out THIS time, and then promptly do just that - don't deliver. Never gets old hahaha!

And on those really dark days, when I just can't seem to figure out why I should go on with this all, I like to post, for the 3000th time, asking what everybody else does to keep interested in some sort of an attempt to self-validate through the actions of others.

This isn't a complete list, but it's a few of my favorites. Hope it helps!
    That made my day he needs a new forum title after that one.
    Last edited by Toned : 08-25-2010 at 05:17 PM

I'm also surprised to see a forum that I'm used to hearing "adult" conversations from fall into such a juvinial tease fest bent simply on hurting someone else's feelings. Sure a fair amount of his posts were ego strokers, but come on... lighten up guys.
    Have to agree i'm affraid.