Close
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 75

Quote Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
    Well, to start off, I like to quit the game, and THEN like just two days later set some unreasonable goal for myself to accomplish in-game. Nothing keeps me interested in the game more than going from apathy to masochism is less than a week.

Then, I like to drum up support for a community based service of some sort, say a guide on how to fish, claim to be "working" on it, promise that it will be completed and that I won't flake out THIS time, and then promptly do just that - don't deliver. Never gets old hahaha!

And on those really dark days, when I just can't seem to figure out why I should go on with this all, I like to post, for the 3000th time, asking what everybody else does to keep interested in some sort of an attempt to self-validate through the actions of others.
    I lol'd. This shit is priceless!

Just add in the random self congratulatory post, since only other boxers will understand the pain of what I went thru to achieve said personal achievement and sometimes I am just looking for a little personal validation. Usually a "grats" or 'nice job' is sufficient.

Well, to start off, I like to quit the game, and THEN like just two days later set some unreasonable goal for myself to accomplish in-game. Nothing keeps me interested in the game more than going from apathy to masochism is less than a week.

Then, I like to drum up support for a community based service of some sort, say a guide on how to fish, claim to be "working" on it, promise that it will be completed and that I won't flake out THIS time, and then promptly do just that - don't deliver. Never gets old hahaha!

And on those really dark days, when I just can't seem to figure out why I should go on with this all, I like to post, for the 3000th time, asking what everybody else does to keep interested in some sort of an attempt to self-validate through the actions of others.

This isn't a complete list, but it's a few of my favorites. Hope it helps!
    Wow I can't believe I missed this; I laughed hard, this couldn't have painted a better picture. My hat goes off to you, sir.

Not sure if most are just joking around but seems like people are just giving shodokan a hard time. I think we get enough hate from "non-boxers" and don't need any here. I for one like people who post alot, gives me something to read at work.

Any case, quitting for 9 months and coming back seems to keeps things fresh. Concentrating on pvp and killing alliance never seems to get old either.
    Duelist title in S4 boxing 5 shamans
    Duelist title in S8 boxing 4 shamans + priest

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Made me laugh A LOT. You can't out troll me.... there are other places i have over 14k posts and all i do is troll.
    well http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=31670 seems to show otherwise

This isn't a complete list, but it's a few of my favorites. Hope it helps!
    Have my pixel-babies. Can we set a goal for that?
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I just have to say, Fat Tire, I freeking LOVE that animation where the cop airhumps/shoots his gun to kill the criminals. Probably the funniest thing I've seen in like 3 months haha!
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

I'm also surprised to see a forum that I'm used to hearing "adult" conversations from fall into such a juvinial tease fest bent simply on hurting someone else's feelings. Sure a fair amount of his posts were ego strokers, but come on... lighten up guys.
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Gramzngunz View Post
    I'm also surprised to see a forum that I'm used to hearing "adult" conversations from fall into such a juvinial tease fest bent simply on hurting someone else's feelings. Sure a fair amount of his posts were ego strokers, but come on... lighten up guys.
    True-

My post was in general and not directed to shodokan directly. There are alot of self congratulatory posts around lately looking for self validation. I chalk it up to low self esteem.

You will never earn respect thru a video game.

Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-25-2010 at 08:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    tell that to Thrall
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    True-

My post was in general and not directed to shodokan directly. There are alot of self congratulatory posts around lately looking for self validation. I chalk it up to low self esteem.

I disagree - you can absolutely earn a respect for someone's accomplishments even though it's video games. I don't know what else they have going on in their life so I can't comment on whether their sacrifices to get the accomplishment was a good or healthy choice, but I can still respect what they did. I certainly respect how Kromtor took an untested combination of DK+pallys and turned it into the most successful arena combo to date while starting a huge FOTM bandwagon. I can certainly respect peeps who are 10-boxing ICC, or completing 5 Shadowmournes, etc.

I agree, there are a lot of self congratulatory posts lately. IMO, some are worthy and some aren't - don't really care if someone posts them either way, because if I think their accomplishment is crap I just don't tell them congrats... doesn't mean I need to bash them, though (not saying you were, just writing in generalities now).
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy