Close
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 75

Can't stop boxing; clowns will eat me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iru View Post
    I know the only reason I continue to box is for the chicks, man. Major action!

if you're asking yourself that question (wtf do i do this?) it's probably time to have a break.
    It means it's not fun anymore, just a habit.

I play wow because i like the game, and it switches my brain off after dealing with work all day and then the kids at home. It's my 'me' time.
    I box because i like the added challenge and because i hate spending the precious few hours i have searching for a group.

it's important to set yourself achievable and meaningful goals. One of my friends found new interest in wow after deciding to go for the 'insane in the menbrane' achievement.
    once he got that he dediced to do every single quest in the game, he's just over 5000 competed and still going.
    he single boxing it, and can spend several nights just trying to get a quest (like say Mag's head or whatever)
    just like some here go for mountain of mounts or 5 shadowmournes. in the end, it's not the goal that's important, it's the trip

Last edited by Zub : 08-22-2010 at 08:10 PM
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    I play wow because i like the game, and it switches my brain off after dealing with work all day and then the kids at home. It's my 'me' time.
    I think this is why alot of us do it. Most of the guys on Cael Horde that box talked about this a few days ago. Most of us have kids or work jobs that have strange hours, or see us permantly on-call. Its easier for us to appreciate the time we do get in WoW though as our time is pretty limited. I remember when I was studying, with no serious girlfriends and a part time job where I set my own hours - I played MMO's pretty hardcore.

You will find you enjoy WoW more the less you play or better yet, if your time suddenly becomes limited because you fill it with something else you will value your time to yourself a bunch more. Try making a google docs spreadsheet with a list of things you want to achieve - but dont stick to it like a task list. Simple use it to remind yourself of goals you can do when you login and dont know what to do with yourself.

I'd say take a nice long break before Cataclsym. Dont be burnt out the day the thing launches!

The way you post and play though - I almost get the impression you are using WoW for far more than escapism. You seem like you've got something to prove or achieve but don't really know what it is. I think you'll find its this chop and changing and constant posts that get you the reactions from some that it does.

Blog Entries

I like to be self sufficient.

Be able to run an instance whenever I feel like it, and if I feel like it... ditch the instance just before the first or last boss.

I also really like blowing content, be it a mob or another player, in a second or so. Or being able to do group quests that others need to LFG for.

But I take frequent breaks, not logging in much over the summer. We've finished our Cherry/Fruit season (6 weeks) and had a couple weeks before corn started. I only logged in 3 times in two weeks, but maybe an hour each time; more of the transmutes. Similarly, I had three or four 2-3 week breaks during the year, and will probably do the same this fall/winter/spring too.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

What keeps me boxing:
    Trolling these forums in hopes you stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    What keeps me boxing:
    Trolling these forums in hopes you stop posting.
    high hopes
    .[I

I just play for fun, log in and chat to guildies while boosting the legion. I work very strange and long hours, sometime I can't get on for a week and sometimes i'm on for a few hours everyday. I don't really instance much, i'm an altoholic and am in the process of levelling many toons before Cata, but only level them with rested xp for 2 level boosts. This will probably stop when I get another team to 70 and start the NR grind again (this time with flying from 68 !).

I play for 'me' time, gives me a break from the pointless trash on tv and also gives me something to do while my brain switches off

I think in the future im just going to be using my boxing crew to make money for other characters. I enjoyed things like HoR, ToC when they first came out and I was trying it along with everyone else. When gear was not overpowered, and we were working really really hard to get that shit down. I look forward to the future changes for shamans and cant wait to see how they play out.

However -- I'm beginning to just work on my solo priest and prot paladin.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

I have a 325 lb black man with a nickel-plated 9mm to my dome every day. He promises he'll leave when I can start clearing bosses in ICC 10
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010