Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Question On ISBoxer's website it states "create auto-assisting Action Bar hotkeys..."

On the website it states:

• World of Warcraft Macro management
    ISBoxer works for many games, but some of them we can provide additional features for. ISBoxer makes it easy to manage your macros! The Quick Setup Wizard can create auto-assisting Action Bar hotkeys from any window! Don't lose another battle because your main died and you can't finish the fight from the other windows!

Does that mean it sends a assist command to all your slave windows, then the "key" you press or what?
    Last edited by Eniledahs : 08-21-2010 at 12:59 PM Reason: Needed to add a space between the information and my question.

Yes. Here's a brief explanation: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:FTL
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

So, ISBoxer is automating 2 keystrokes for each 1 keystroke the user of ISBoxer sends?

A Assist command, then the Hotkey? And all I press is 1 key?

is boxer doesn't "AUTOMATE" anything, it creates a macro that performs the two functions in game

So, its just a macro some one copies and pastes into their macros toolbox in wow?

Okay.. wasn't completely understanding it..

thanks.

Blog Entries

It creates the macro behind the scenes. You don't actually see it, but it is there.

Basically, when you press the "1" key (or any of the 1 through = keys), it does:
    a) FTL Assist Me (which has the other windows assist the active window)
    b) And then sends "1" to all windows (which has the toons each cast/do whatever is on hotkey 1).
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    It creates the macro behind the scenes. You don't actually see it, but it is there.

Basically, when you press the "1" key (or any of the 1 through = keys), it does:
    a) FTL Assist Me (which has the other windows assist the active window)
    b) And then sends "1" to all windows (which has the toons each cast/do whatever is on hotkey 1).
    You don't see it because its so quick.. it sends the first command and the game takes it so quickly, you didnt even know you typed it also. If the program sends "/assist Joe1", you will not see that happen. Then it can send "1" for what ever you have in your hotkey #1.

That is 2 sends! (Plus that is multi-typing for 1 character = X number of characters it typed for you to type /assist Joe1)

It would use windows api to "FindWindow" and send a more than one keystroke.. such as if the user typed "/assist boxerX" to each slave window with the enter key # ending the command. And then it sends "1" to all the windows..

How else can it send FTL assist me and then the command?

Unless its a macro in the game, I don't think that ISBoxer can just send "1" and the game "know" the other windows are assisting so-and-so. ISBoxer must be sending more than one command to the game to allow the game to know it is creating an assist for each window. Espeically if its FTL!

Unless your saying that it sends code to create a macro based on which "Window" is the primary window during game play. So when ever a window gets focus.. it would change the in-game macros?

I'm slightly confused on how this works, please explain.

Thank you for your time.

Go look at any of the FTL Keymaps. Go into the action of the keymap and look at the bottom right corner of ISBoxer. It says 'Final macro text'. In that box you can see what the ASSIST macro looks like. For instance:
    Code:
    /assist [nomod]player;[mod:lalt,nomod:shift,mod:lctrl]Character1;
    [nomod:alt,nomod:shift,mod:rctrl]Character2;[mod:lalt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]
    Character3;[mod:ralt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Character4;[mod:ralt,nomod:shift,
    mod:lctrl]Character5
    That is mymacro which is used in FTL Assist Me. Your slaves can't get a target out of thin air, they need to assist something in order to get it. ISBoxer's old FTL system used to include that text in every single macro, that became tedious so it was broken up.

No one has ever been banned using ISBoxer with InnerSpace in the years it has been around. If ISBoxer scares you and you fear for your accounts, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.

you seem to be on a crusade to prove that isboxer is an automation software or something to that effect, and in that regard i think this thread should be locked closed and deleted as a whole, but macros in game and addons to a certain point offer the same type of automation, and also send multiple commands.
    For instance: /cast [target=bobbybullshit] faceroll (rank 5) This macro does two things with one keypress, its as legitimate as anything.

Isboxer is an addon in game, as well as a program out of game. When any commands get sent you get a keybind sent, the addon recognizes a particular keybind, and creates the appropriate macro in of itself inside the api of the addon, and that is what makes it work.

I suggest if you find the validity of the program at question you contact the owner, or look at the many posts on the forums about the legality and such of isboxer.

Like was stated before :No one has ever been banned using ISBoxer with InnerSpace in the years it has been around. If ISBoxer scares you and you fear for your accounts, then don't use it. It's as simple as that.