Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 53
    Blog Entries

Well, that makes sense to me then. I know I had never got so much as a sniffle from here. Then again, Ad block and no script user as well. I just wish FF would allow you to add exceptions to the block list thing. Stephen makes note to self to use /code and not /quote on lists like that.
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Blog Entries

This site is coming up as unsafe for me too.

Firefox, NoScript.
    Kaspersky Internet Security.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I found that google safe site thing interesting. Thx Svpr

Ok. here's the deal from where I am currently.

There was a large number of sites we share a host with that ARE infected with malware which is causing Firefox/Google to show us as "suspicious". We had some vulnerabilities exposed due to a bug in Vb. The hole has been closed. The only people that were in any danger of infection were those running unpatched versions of Internet Explorer 6.x or 7.x. According to Norton Safeweb these exploits were targeting those versions explicitly. Firefox / any other browsers wouldn't have been affected.

I'm currently waiting on Google to rescan the site to ensure we're no longer "suspicious". It's just a matter of time. I've removed the issues we had and rescanned with their googlebot fetching lab and confirmed everything coming down codewise is intended. Unless they find something new, the site is currently safe to use/browse with any browser you'd like.

Please no "lol @ IE" discussion here. If you have any legitimate comments or concerns please feel free to post here or PM me directly.

Edit: you'd only even be exposed to the issue if you were viewing the site logged out. If you were logged in, you would have never been exposed to the issue.
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 08-20-2010 at 02:48 PM

Its good to hear that it will be fixed.

Now firefox is totally blocking the site. I had to disable it to post here. I get the huge red page of an attack site and it redirects, if I ignore the warning it repops after every thread/post and I cant log in because it resets. I disabled it to post this. ;(

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-20.
    Malicious software includes 4 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including zgsj.net/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS15244 (ADDD2NET).
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-20-2010 at 03:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Its good to hear that it will be fixed.

Now firefox is totally blocking the site. I had to disable it to post here. I get the huge red page of an attack site and it redirects, if I ignore the warning it repops after every thread/post and I cant log in because it resets. I disabled it to post this. ;(

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-20.
    Malicious software includes 4 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including zgsj.net/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS15244 (ADDD2NET).
    yep yep. I've also requested that our hosting co scan out folders with whatever AV they're using just to be safe.

Just got that frightening warning like everyone else I guess. Thanks for these reassuring explanations. Hope that gets all resolved soon. People are getting very suspicious/cautious when it comes to security because of all these wow accounts hacks that keep happening all the time, so the sooner google refreshes the list the better
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman

I use these guys as my host:

http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/pages.dspmain

I had that VB thing also but they (vb and my host) fixed it all up.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Below is the report I received as well, it's making it nearly impossible to surf the site, I'm using Firefox and the report comes from google. I know I have seen components of this post but this is the full post I received. Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for dual-boxing.com What is the current listing status for dual-boxing.com? Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer. Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days. What happened when Google visited this site? Of the 14 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-20. Malicious software includes 4 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine. Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including zgsj.net/. This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS15244 (ADDD2NET). Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware? Over the past 90 days, dual-boxing.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites. Has this site hosted malware? No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. How did this happen? In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Blog Entries

Decided to see how it goes here. Logged into site, No Red Screen Of Wrathful Doom. I'm gonna venture a guess, they something got fixed on Googles end.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War