Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 53

Norton is refusing to verify I am the site owner despite putting they meta tag AND uploading their special file.

Not much I can do if they won't verify me.

I fixed a couple things. I'm still unable to verify I'm the site owner (at least to Norton I am) I scanned some of those URLs with http://www.avg.com.au/resources/web-page-scanner/ and AVG is saying there are no exploits. I'm unsure if AVG is scanning for the same thing Norton was, I'm unable to get Norton to rescan. I wasn't able to find a Kapersky scanning tool. I've been up for about 28 hours so I may just be missing something.

go to sleep man

I think you can see why I dont have Norton or any anti viris running on my computer.

Just back up every week or so if you get infected you have a good copy.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    I think you can see why I dont have Norton or any anti viris running on my computer.

Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

You just gotta know when you got infected =p. It's not to bad if your keeping all the copies, but if your rolling through tapes your bound to overwrite something with a infected copy .
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Any idea super why this would start happening just out of the blue like this? I've had Norton since January and never had this issue before, all of a sudden several folks are getting the warnings?

Update plz! Ahm scurred ta braowze the site foar feer of mah keez!

Quote Originally Posted by ghonosyph View Post
    Any idea super why this would start happening just out of the blue like this? I've had Norton since January and never had this issue before, all of a sudden several folks are getting the warnings?

Update plz! Ahm scurred ta braowze the site foar feer of mah keez!

From what I've read about the exploits Norton was reporting, they're only going to affect you if you're using IE 6 / IE 7. Otherwise you're fine. Obviously it's still bad to have the exploits open, which is what I'm currently working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post

detection and backups are two separate things.
    - the antivirus will help you detect (and clean if possible) that something is wrong
    - the backups will help you restore after any damage happened

if you only have an anti-virus and no backup, you will lose stuff if a virus goes through the AV checks.
    if you only have a backup system, you could be losing stuff as we speak, without knowing. or you could be hosting an army of trojans etc.
    For all you know, your backups could be infected. As was mentioned above, if you didn't keep all your backups, chances are you won't be able to find one not infected

Best is to have both. But in any case AV > Backup.
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by CavScout View Post
    NSS Lab tests would disagree...
    Funny. No security test on these sites ever mentions adblock or noscript addons, which I would guess would bump firefox (and chrome?) up to something like 99%.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)