Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 2PC FTL setup problems

Its day 3 of my 7 day innespace try out. after testing setup for on pc at day 1,2 and realyzing isboxers pros for me, but allsow noticing my pc is just to bad to deal with all instances i tryed to put one of them onto my second pc as i did befor with octopuss or hotkeynet.
    i followed the guide http://isboxer.com/index.php/compone...iple-computers for multiple pc (create 2 sets in my case 1 with 1char 1 with 3 cars, link them with "allsow load option" and so on)
    this did not work so i looked up for some help and found http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=22379 so i told my ftl keys to target "Group (others in):New Action Target Group" and put the chars into the New Action Target Group.
    that was then working. what i had done so far was setting up a pvp team(all the same class) now i wanted to change the main (pve tank), so i copied the set with 3 cars and changed the first slot from druid to pala.
    i added the pala to the New Action Target Group and thought all would be fine but it wasent...
    the char on the other pc dosent assist him.
    the strange thing is after relogging to the old group only half of the assist keys works.

i hope u guys know what i've done wrong and tell me about my mistakes because i would love to make day 4 of the tryout a gaming tay and not agian only cnfiguration...
    i have to test the gaming befor 7 days are over because only a good gameplay improovement will make me buy innerspace. i liked what i saw so far but i would like to see far more in the next days before i can decide...

Each time you change a toon, you should make a new character Set. You should be able to copy all the settings in Boxer and load them to each set.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Quote Originally Posted by alcattle View Post
    Each time you change a toon, you should make a new character Set. You should be able to copy all the settings in Boxer and load them to each set.
    i have made a new charakter set. i copied the old one, so that all settings were the same and then changed the charakter in the first slot with the drag and drop funktion out of my char list.

since i think it was not so clear what i did an even i did not exactliy get what was working i'll try to make it clear.
    i have 2 pcs

at main pc i have 2 teams i can choose from: "3dudus" or "2dudus1pala"
    at the other pc i have a "1dudu" team.

i followed the multiple computer instruktion and told the "3dudus" to allso launch "1dudu" the same with "2dudus1pala"
    i made a aktion target group where all the 5 are in and chose "Group (others in):New Action Target Group" as target for ftl assist.

now what does work?
    i wasent shure about it in my last post but now i did some testing.
    if i log in with "3dudus" "1dudu" starts automatikly like it should. if i press a ftl key at one of the "3dudus" monitors all is fine the 3 and the 1 will assist. but if i press a ftl key at my other pc (1dudu set) all others will say they have no target.
    first of all i thought it was some kind of connection problem (some kind of one way information only) but i have another mapped key that will move "Group (others in):New Action Target Group" for example backstep and that one works. so it must be sth wrong with ftl.
    If i log in with "2dudus1pala" it is exactly the same.

please help me it is the last day i can test isboxer with multiple pcs because i wont be at home the next 3 days, so i can only play with my laptop.

uh well first of all usually if you're using an Action Target Group, or anything else really, you want to rename it so it's not "New Action Target Group" or "New Key Map" etc. Secondly, you didn't need to make the Action Target Group. The post you linked is regarding someone who wanted to send something specifically to one character on the other PC (and there is now a way to do that without an ATG, by selecting the Slot from the Target box). The mapped keys generated by the Quick Setup Wizard all work with any number of PCs, you don't need to adjust the follow, assist, or target mappings at all.

I don't know what wasn't working after you followed the multiple PCs guide ("this did not work" -- ???), so I don't know what to tell you to do besides to clear out your config (File, Clear) and run the Quick Setup Wizard again to repair what you changed. The ONLY thing you need to do, besides following the Using Multiple Computers guide, is to change the selected FTL Modifiers for each of the Characters on the 2nd PC, so that they no longer conflict with the selected FTL Modifiers on the 1st PC. If you don't, you should get an error telling you the FTL modifiers conflict. So for example, in Slot 1 on the 2nd Character Set, it's Left Shift by default, change it to Left Shift + Left Alt. Beyond that, you do not need to make ANY changes to the setup from the Quick Setup Wizard (it's better if you don't until you test the configuration).

If it doesn't work, please explain exactly what doesn't work so I can point you in the right direction
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    uh well first of all usually if you're using an Action Target Group, or anything else really, you want to rename it so it's not "New Action Target Group" or "New Key Map" etc. Secondly, you didn't need to make the Action Target Group. The post you linked is regarding someone who wanted to send something specifically to one character on the other PC (and there is now a way to do that without an ATG, by selecting the Slot from the Target box). The mapped keys generated by the Quick Setup Wizard all work with any number of PCs, you don't need to adjust the follow, assist, or target mappings at all.

I don't know what wasn't working after you followed the multiple PCs guide ("this did not work" -- ???), so I don't know what to tell you to do besides to clear out your config (File, Clear) and run the Quick Setup Wizard again to repair what you changed. The ONLY thing you need to do, besides following the Using Multiple Computers guide, is to change the selected FTL Modifiers for each of the Characters on the 2nd PC, so that they no longer conflict with the selected FTL Modifiers on the 1st PC. If you don't, you should get an error telling you the FTL modifiers conflict. So for example, in Slot 1 on the 2nd Character Set, it's Left Shift by default, change it to Left Shift + Left Alt. Beyond that, you do not need to make ANY changes to the setup from the Quick Setup Wizard (it's better if you don't until you test the configuration).

If it doesn't work, please explain exactly what doesn't work so I can point you in the right direction
    gosh i feel stupid it is so easy and i somehow distoyed it when trying to fix problems wich did not exist. i did not find the mistake so i cleard the config (since i had not done so much there anyway) and followed the guide again. now everyting works. i feel sorry for stealing your time and thank u guys for the answers...
    btw i mande my decition to pay for innerspace yesturday when i boxed on my laptop and tested repeter regions a really great tool so strong and so easy. and now that i see that it was my own stupidness the other things did nod work i know the dcition is teh right

Glad you got it working!
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Hm, funny that this topic just popped up, I have a similar problem.
    I have set up 2 computers and had a self written FTL assist macro, which i used added as a step prior to casting a spell.
    This worked like a charm, the problem is, when I want to add another char or play another group I have to change the whole string, since the charnames are spelled out in the macro.

I tried to use /assist {FTL} but the "auto"FTL creator doesnt seem to create the correct macro. On the primary computer the macro looks like this (copied from the isboxer addon):
    Code:
    isboxer.SetMacro("","BACKSPACE","/assist [nomod:alt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Igør;[nomod:alt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Hektør;[mod:lalt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Viktør;[mod:lalt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Nestør;[mod:lalt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Xantør\n",1,1,nil,1);
    This is correct.
    On the second computer the makro looks like this:
    Code:
    isboxer.SetMacro("","BACKSPACE","/assist [mod:lalt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Nestør;[mod:lalt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Xantør\n",1,1,nil,1);
    The modifiers for the first computers are missing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Are you sure you re-exported the ISBoxer config? The hard-coded names in the ISBoxer generated FTL assist macro can't deal with when I sub/add an extra toon to the team while playing (e.g. add a tank for a quest), but if I
    1. explicitly add the toon to the team in a new slot with an FTL modifier
    2. check that I haven't accidentally duplicated an existing FTL modifier (really annoying when you do that )
    3. export the ISBoxer configuration to InnerSpace
    4. restart the team in InnerSpace
    5. and reload my UIs on the existing active toons (the InnerSpace reload doesn't kill the existing slots)

everything works fine.
    Last edited by Iru : 08-19-2010 at 10:05 PM