Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default Hacked account, how did they do it?

I logged into my Pally/DK team this morning, and much to my dismay they were all stripped, and all the rest of my toons were stripped as well. I immediatly logged my wifes laptop into battle.net and changed the account password, and notified blizzard via email. I then logged into my email account for my battlenet account, and had 7 emails from blizz, first 3 were password change notices, all within 10 minutes, then a "Account locked due to suspicious activity" Email from bliz, followed by 3 more password change notices over a 15 min period, followed by another "Account locked due to suspicious activity" email from blizz, and I was able to log in w/ my reg password somehow??? I'm a bit confused as to the hackers methodology , and more confused that I was able to log in w/ my original password. Anyone have insite on how / why they were changing my password so often???

Deadguy
    Deadguyfred
    Arathor Horde Shammies Andagurls, Andagurls, Andagirlz, Andagirls and Sianee Pally tank LVL 85. Druids x 5 LVL 85, Pallies x 4 LVL 80, Locks x 4 lvl 60.
    Necronelly DKs x 4 + Omghalp Disc Priest current FOTM

i'd assume the workflow the hackers use is all scripted, and might have bugged or something
    .[I

Authenticator.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Authenticator.
    Get one.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    Get one.

Authenticator question... W/ 5 accounts, how fast can I log in? a new code is generated w/ the push of the button? or is there a "cooldown" on how fast codes are generated?
    Deadguyfred
    Arathor Horde Shammies Andagurls, Andagurls, Andagirlz, Andagirls and Sianee Pally tank LVL 85. Druids x 5 LVL 85, Pallies x 4 LVL 80, Locks x 4 lvl 60.
    Necronelly DKs x 4 + Omghalp Disc Priest current FOTM

Quote Originally Posted by deadguyfred View Post
    Authenticator question... W/ 5 accounts, how fast can I log in? a new code is generated w/ the push of the button? or is there a "cooldown" on how fast codes are generated?
    I have my 5 accounts across 5 separate battle.net accounts. The same authenticator can be linked to all 5, and then I can broadcast the same single code to all 5 when logging in.

If you have 5 accounts on 1 battle.net account, then you have to wait for a new code to generate every 30 seconds for each account.

I use the application authenticator and the codes refresh in about 30 seconds so it takes between 2-3 minutes to log five accounts in but there is no real alternative in my opinion.
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

If all toons are on one BattleNet account, log ins are slow, requiring a new code per account. However accounts can be split up for instant login without cooldown.

As multiboxers there is little excuse to not protect your investment through a six dollar authenticator.
    Hardware Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post
    I have my 5 accounts across 5 separate battle.net accounts. The same authenticator can be linked to all 5, and then I can broadcast the same single code to all 5 when logging in.
    The only reason I wouldn't do it this way myself is that if you don't log in with all your accounts every time you type in your authenticator code you leave the idle account(s) open to attack.
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Those emails if you click the link is how they get your info those arent real blizz emails