Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Account locked in another country!

So I'm on a week-long road trip with work. Today i'm in South Korea and actually have a pretty strong internet connection in my room, so I figured I'd log in with one guy (laptop cant handle 5-boxing in Northrend), check the AH, maybe do some dailys, whatever. As soon as I enter my password and authenticator I get the message that my account is locked due to suspicious activity. At first I figure "Oh here we go, some morons reported me for boxing". I go to my email, and nothing new from Blizzard. Odd. Well a few seconds later a new email pops up with instructions on how to re-activate my account.

So basically, even though I have an authenticator, as soon as they detected that I was trying to log in from another country, they de-activated my account. Which honestly does not really upset me, because the re-activation process was very quick.

But just a word for anyone who does travelling, this could happen if you try to log in from outside the US (or wherever you normally log in from).
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

This to me is great news. It seems their security might actually be working.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Yeah, I figured it might be a little extreme since I already have the authenticator, but I guess they just cant be too careful anymore.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

While this is definitely valuable info, it's not necessarily related to 'another country'. Myself I use quite often a proxy to connect to wow, through machines I own and that are abroad. Sometimes I use my own IP, sometimes I use the remote machines IP. Depending on which comp, location, etc I log on from. I never had an issue like you. However those proxies are in 'stealth' mode (both the ssh tunnel & squid). Which means that they are not being recognized as a proxy.

In human language this might mean that:
    - the IP linked to the country you are logging in from might be flagged as suspicious (due to gold sellers or hack incidents originating there for example)
    - the IP you connect from might be recognized as a proxy (i.e. the hotel network is using a proxy, which is not uncommon), and thus being flagged as suspicious (if i were to do illegal activities on wow i would use those kind of networks to hide my own identity)
    - the 'other' country theory is valid but the algorithm is such that it recognizes my behavior as 'normal' for my accounts and yours 'not normal'

Either way this seems to be a very decent feature that makes lots of sense to me.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Default I got this

Hello,

Blizzard Entertainment recently received a request to change the e-mail address used to log in to the Battle.net account with the username blank.. blank.. blank .net (i edited out my real address) . The e-mail address n***@hotmail.com has been specified as the new username for this Battle.net account. An email has been sent to this new address containing a verification link to complete the change.

Once the new address has been verified, the e-mail address Blank.. blank.. blank..can no longer be used to log in to this Battle.net account or any World of Warcraft accounts merged with this Battle.net account.

If you did not initiate this request, pleasento check your login e-mail address immediately.

Sincerely,
    The Battle.net Account Team

LOL they cannot get me to click on any link...Idiots..
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 08-13-2010 at 08:30 AM

it would also help to blank out the links so some one does not think of clicking them.

I have gotten several like this and I always say "Take away my WoW fix! Thank you "
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Might want to delete the links to the keyloggers in your post Jar.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

IF you post a phishing message remove the links.

What are you trying to say Svper?
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    IF you post a phishing message remove the links.

Why even post a damn phising message anyways? I mean really... if your dumb enough to fall for it...
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141