Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Question Help with priest macro

Hello Everyone,

I just started a new Pally/Priest combo and need some help with a macro for my Priest.

What I would like to do in one macro is:

(not the correct macro just what I want it to do)

/target focus
    /castsequence Power Word: Shield, Renew

then

/assist focus
    /castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Smite

Or does this have to be 2 macros like I have it now?

Probably best with two macros yeah.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

cool, i'll just leave it then.

Oh, on this macro:

/target focus
    /castsequence reset=30 ?? Power Word: Shield, Renew

What is the modifier I would place in the ?? spot to cast Shield on the first press then Renew and all other press for that 30 secs.

Just can't remeber what it is.
    Last edited by Silvaro : 08-01-2010 at 07:50 PM

Things to think about.
    reset for castsequences ONLY resets after your last keypress, not an absolute time. So if you press a key anytime in that 30 secs, it resets the timer to 30 secs before your sequence resets. You might choose a small time like 12 or 10. The bubble debuff falls off in like 15, so give it some time for you to press renew once.

I HATE to actually target anything ever. I have to do it for meleeing, channelling, wanding and auto-shooting. But other than that, I don't like to target mobs. And I NEVER target players, ever. Each person has their own playstyle though. So I put my target in my macro options. Like:
    /cast [@MainCharName, nocombat] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [@MainCharName, combat] Renew
    It bubbles out of combat, and it renews everytime after that if in combat. You can modify it to do more/less.
    /castsequence [@focus-target, harm] reset=combat/target Shadow Word: Pain, Smite, Smite
    /cast [@focus-target, help] Power Word: Shield
    It resets after 3 casts or if you target a new mob. Assuming you have your main char focused on your alt.
    It also (same macro) bubbles someone if your main targets them. So you can help in BGs, groups, etc.

You can use modifiers to do something like the same thing. There is probably 20 differents ways to get the same results.
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [nomod, @focus] Renew

Another:
    /castsequence [@focus-target-target] reset=12/combat Power Word: Shield, Renew, Renew
    It does stuff to whoever your main's target is beating on. So it helps if your alt gets aggro or if your are in a BG or group. No thinking, no having 5 macros for each char, just one and it works off who has aggro. It bubbles. Then if you push it again, renew. Then renew again. By that time, it has been a few seconds (try to not spam buttons) and the bubble debuff probably has worn off. So it can either fall back to the start after 12 secs of not pushing that button (in case of end of fight or you don't need a heal often), or it rolls back to the start if you use up a few renews.

Hope that helps and good luck.

I just use /castsequence reset=15 Power Word: Shield, Renew
    since renew lasts 15 seconds and you can cast pws again in 15 sec, you don't need to cast renew again before you can cast pws again.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest