Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default [Addon] MBCTog - helps multiboxers control "multi talking" of their slaves, or also known as "double talking".

MBCTog helps multiboxers control "multi talking" of their slaves, or also known as "double talking".
    If you know a multiboxer that seems to have a "multi talking" problem, please suggest this addon :P
    I hate double talking... If I type this: "Hi, how's it going sherry?" I'll get this:

Hi, how's it going sherry?
    Hi, how's it going sherry?

And that is every type you type in chat and hit enter key! In trade, parties, dungeons, raids, etc. You may have a software work around, but maybe like me.. to use the software work around, it requires me to press a button to stop sending to my other toons and then "remember" to press it again so I can send my key commands to the other toons. This makes it hard to chat and fight in combat. Then people in your raid get very annoyed, and in dungeon groups if they think your a multiboxer you get kicked from the dungeon! (I've been kicked for groups even thinking I'm a multiboxer!)
    I've heard from other players, other than keyclone users, having great success using this addon!
    My addon is very verbal at this time.. so that you can understand what it needs from you.

Feature 1:
    The "Set Master Talker" button --- This button you click on the toon you want to be the only talker.
    You Can move the button around if you... Press and hold CTRL button and then click and hold your Leftmouse button on the button's frame to move it around. When you find a place you want to keep the button, just release CTRL and Leftmouse button.

Feature 2:
    You can type the below with or without slash commands:
    ENABLETALK or ET --- If you can't see your typing or your toon is in silent mode.. just type enabletalk or et (lower or upper case does not matter) and you will get your keyboard back :P
    DISABLETALK or DT --- If you want to put a toon into silent mode, just typing this will do it.
    Have not created a slashcommand for this one, you will need to type it as is:
    CHATHELP or CHAT HELP --- will give you these list of commands should you forget.

This addon is stable as far as I know it. So I'm taking it out of beta.

Using Channels vs SendAddonmessage makes the addon much quicker to respond to slave commands. Less lag = more fun!

*** Please read the Changelog.txt for further information on all changes made to this addon.
    Let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions on how to improve this addon...

Download and Up to date information: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atToggler.html

I'm waiting on curseforge to update my addon, but seems to be taking along time, so I'm going to use wowinterface since its much easier / quicker to update.

Future Plans for Next versions:

-- auto party accept from teamlist
    -- auto raid accept from teamlist
    -- Will look at the other multiboxing addons and figure out what they are missing and what I can add to this addon to improve the overall multiboxing experience. Overall, I am a jamba fan... I will soon have options similar to Jamba without the "Flashy flashy" so that multiboxers whom are trying to squeeze all they can out of their computer can get better performance using my addon. If I do go towards a more graphical version, I will then make a "lite version" and a "regular version" of this addon.

Changes in 1.3 (Stable release)

- Aug 8th -

* The "Set Master Button" now changes to "Master" for whomever is the master talker.

* fixed bugs dealing with Teamlist on start up without any variables saved.

Changes in 1.2

- Aug 8th -

* Multiboxer Chat Toggler now uses a teamlist for secure communication between toons. Having a teamlist
    allows your addon to check against the teamlist before accepting a command.

* Using a chat channel for addon communication allows your addon to communicate with less lag.

* You can now use /et or /dt slash commands for enable talk or disable talk.

* While in Party or Raid, you can check your version against another multiboxer who uses same addon
    by typing /chkversion -- plans to automate this soon.
    This can also allow you to know if all your toons/characters have the same version of this addon.
    * Multiboxer now uses Channels to communicate with its Teamlist of Toons/Characters.
    This allows you to leave the "party" and still have control over who talks.

* The addon channel is now only used for checking between versions of your toons or other players.

* If you need to create a new party list of multiboxing toons, type /mbclear
    It will clear your current Team list, password, channel name, and to create a new team
    you will need to first party up with your new team and type /mbteam

- Aug 1st -
    * Created a Emotes filter so that slash commands other than emotes can now work.

- July 31st - First release of addon

*** If i'm missing any emotes, please let me a comment and I'll add the emote once verified.

First addon release

- July 31st - First release of addon
    Last edited by Eniledahs : 08-08-2010 at 07:52 AM Reason: New Version 1.3 update

I applaud any new development and am thankful the community builds addons like you did, but I have no idea what problem you're solving with your addon. Can you restate what this addon does? I'm confused by your description. Thanks
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Bear with me.. this is a long explaination hoping I help everyone understand without confusing anyone:

I use keyclone. It sends a copy for every keystroke to each wow instance opened on my computer. If I press 1 on the keybaord.. it sends 1 to my other toons.. If I type /say Hello.. all my other toons will /say Hello.. and then everyone in range will see me and my toons say "Hello"!

Even though keyclone allows you to "Pause" it from sending copies of your keystrokes to other wow instances opened on your computer.. That in itself is a problem! If you disable your keystrokes.. then if you get into battle and forget you have "pause" on, even with it beeping and flashing.. you still can forget.. and i forget alot.. plus i disabled the beeping and flashing.. its annoying., you will end up fighting solo until you see your other toon not fighting. Its a headache to remember to press pause again to allow your keystrokes to go thru.. I thought.. an addon will allow me not have to worry about that.. so while in battle.. I type '/raid Incoming!!' It won't spam it through my other toons.

Don't get me wrong though.. you do need "Pause" if you plan to do other stuff other than chatting.. like Auction house searches.. typing information into other addons.. anything that isn't chat related.

With my addon, you don't have to worry about pressing "Pause" button to stop keystrokes while typing in chat. You don't have to worry about "double talking" or "multi talking"..

If i type /g for guild chat and say.. "Hey how's it going.. Ive been working on a few new addons.." it would look like this:

Hey how's it going.. Ive been working on a few new addons..
    Hey how's it going.. Ive been working on a few new addons..

Everyone will see it twice for me.. im a dual boxer.. but for 3, 4, and 5 boxers.. i can only imagine.. everyone saying "SPAM!!"

You do understand if you "double, triple, quad, five and etc talk.." people will know your multiboxing.. and ive recently met a ton of players whom hate multiboxers.. As soon as you "multi-talk" they become problems for you.. Trying to get you kicked, ruining your Dungeon experience via pulling more mobs than your group can handle, cussing.. etc.

This addon helps take away the possiblity that you will be picked out for multiboxing! If you forget to stop your keystrokes from sending to all your wow programs, then they find out.. then its a chance for another headache!

My addon Allows the Master (or which ever is master at the time) to be the only "talker". Anytime I type something that Im about to say.. it will erase the letters from the slaves' default chatbox. Yet my latest update allows slash commands to go thru, except known emotes that i have added to the emote filter i've created.
    by typing DT (without a forward slash command) .. my addon will put which ever toon that you type this to into "silent" mode.. in otherwords.. no talking will be coming from that toon. If you want to re-Enable talking.. you type ET (without a forward slash command).
    To use the button "Set Master Talker" you will need to be grouped with your slaves / other toons. Then you can press the button to set who you want to be master talker. You can move the button around by holding the control key and left mouse button and then drag the button to the position you want it at.

If I've confused you or have any more questions please ask.. I'm more that grateful to answer any and all questions! ...even if i miss-spell stuff...
    Last edited by Eniledahs : 08-01-2010 at 09:34 AM Reason: Need to create spaces hopefully.. so its a little easier to read.

wow i love this i allways forget and spam BG/Guild /s /2 whatever i can do and really get "spam" reported, thouhg othing been done as its not really spam, but still not very nice and i hate doing it as well

Interesting (I think I understand it now). I hope many find it useful! It's not something that I would need, and sometimes I really like talking on all toons at once, but glad you're providing an option for those who would like it.

Ya this would only be useful for Keyclone users. ISBoxer wouldn't need this with key mapping etc.

Tehmuffinman,

So, ISBoxer Can detect when you want to only type with your current toon setup as the "Master".. and won't repeat the /say or /guild /party text to the others?

I use a Leaderless Setup.. Where I can follow either toon as master... So... With ISBoxer, you are saying I don't have to hit any special key for it to know I'm going to chat? Keyclone needs you to press "Pause" so you dont send code to the other toons.. yet with that setup I can't fight and talk!

I know keyclone can setup keymapping.. yet telling it i don't want it to send "Enter key" doesn't solve the problem.. and creates another problem.. "can't use slash commands if I can't hit enter after them!" I don't think keymapping will solve this probelm.. its going to require alot more from the software that just normal keymapping.

With this addon, At least I have one less worry! I can hit Enter key, type /BG "Im going for the flag!" and my other toons will not copy that. And I can still fight any one on the battleground with my dual boxing toon without having to "remember" that I pressed a special key "Pause"!

Tell me how does ISBoxer solve this problem?

How does it know "which" toon is the main talker? (Mouse focus?) What if I want to talk thru a different toon other than the one that my mouse is focused on?

I'm Also working on another addon for multiboxers.. One that its main focus it to make it appear that your not a multiboxer! First off, I remember some software Im now trying to hunt down to analyze that appeared as if the computer inquired some A.I. abilities... it appeared to understand you. If I can figure out how it did that.. I could create personalities for your other toons.. so real that you would think its another person! << this may take alot of time to build / figure out.. But its an idea I'm working on, unless someone figures it out before me :P

Another part of that software is movement... Instead of following just me around.. the other toons (after combat) will pick a random close person to follow.. and other ideas.

I've currently got a list of 30 addons I want to make, and I'm only 1 person

So.. Im making the most important to myself first, then the others come as I make each one stable.

with ISBoxer you'd still have to turn off key maps to type, unless you click everything and don't have keybindings. I have "B" keybound and for whatever system I'm using, I have to tell it to not broadcast B if I don't want it going to all my toons.

I will do my best to answer your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eniledahs View Post
    So, ISBoxer Can detect when you want to only type with your current toon setup as the "Master".. and won't repeat the /say or /guild /party text to the others?

Yes. By default ISBoxer does not pass the entire keyboard as Keyclone does. Using the built in wizard generated keymaps only 1 through 9 are mapped to be passed to all windows. If you would like to use one of those keys, by default, you cannot without deactivating keymaps. I just get around that by either typing out my numbers or using the NumPad. If I really need an exclamation point or other symbol from the number row I have my keymaps setup specifically to work with those symbols. They will still pass to the other characters but I will type the ! * # $ ) * & that I was intending to type out. The other characters will just say "Invalid Target" or something similar as they can't cast their spells w/o a valid target.

Note: If you decide to get fancy and map actual letters to your action bar you can still type from your main in most cases. I will not go into every possibility using ISBoxer but as I've personally setup my keymaps I press "Z" and it passes "Z" while typing and while casting without having to disable keymaps.

I use a Leaderless Setup.. Where I can follow either toon as master... So... With ISBoxer, you are saying I don't have to hit any special key for it to know I'm going to chat? Keyclone needs you to press "Pause" so you dont send code to the other toons.. yet with that setup I can't fight and talk!

ISBoxer uses FTL by default giving you the option to use any of your characters as the "lead" character. As answered above I can type all day on my main and still press my number row for the others to continue to cast on their current target. Of course the chat window might look slightly retarded but I'll just blend in with the rest of trade channel.

I know keyclone can setup keymapping.. yet telling it i don't want it to send "Enter key" doesn't solve the problem.. and creates another problem.. "can't use slash commands if I can't hit enter after them!" I don't think keymapping will solve this probelm.. its going to require alot more from the software that just normal keymapping.
    This sounds a little confusing because my Keyclone knowledge is quite rusty nor did I use Keymapping in Keyclone when I was using it; I had a very basic setup back back in the day. I believe I may have answered this in my explanations above.
    With this addon, At least I have one less worry! I can hit Enter key, type /BG "Im going for the flag!" and my other toons will not copy that. And I can still fight any one on the battleground with my dual boxing toon without having to "remember" that I pressed a special key "Pause"!

Tell me how does ISBoxer solve this problem?
    ISBoxer does not have this issue from what I've replied above because it does not broadcast the entire keyboard by default like Keyclone.
    How does it know "which" toon is the main talker? (Mouse focus?) What if I want to talk thru a different toon other than the one that my mouse is focused on?
    Using ISBoxer you talk through the window that currently has focus. I'm not sure why I would want to talk from my third character while using my first "lead" character. Perhaps if you were wanting to reply to a whisper you got on a window besides your main I would recommend Whisper Forwarding which is built into Jamba.

I hope I answered everything clearly. If you have any other "but what if's" feel free to post them here. I'm in no way trying to deter you from developing your addon; I was just trying to answer your questions.

Since you seem interested in other solutions, here is how I got around this problem with Hotkeynet:

Original thread.

Basically, whenever I pressed "Enter", "/" or "R" it would pause broadcasting and activate a chat variable (in Hotkeynet). I could then type whatever I wanted on whatever character I was using. Then when I pressed "Enter" or "Esc" and the chat variable was enabled, it would re-enable broadcasting.

The only issue with this method was if I initiated or canceled chat via the mouse.

If I wanted to pass / commands or enter to all characters, I used my DNP override hotkey.