Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: DoT Macro

Default DoT Macro

Is there a macro out there for warlocks that will only cast corruption, CoA, etc if the target doesnt currently have that spell cast on it from that particular warlock?

For example

Warlocks A-E

Warlock A casts corruption but B-E dont (out of range)

B-E get in range and the main character A casts corruption again, now applying the 4 other corruptions but wasting a cast on A since his corruption is already applied.

Nope

Never found that to be a problem for my locks.

My dort macro is just a castsequence reset=target CoA, Corruption

When some lock runs oom I life tap and drain life or death coil to recover the lost HP.
    Anachronos EU
    Loladunus --> Paladin Tank (PvE) || Xuljin --> Shaman DPS (PvP)
    Buljin, Nuljin, Muljin --> Shaman DPS
    Tuljin --> Shaman Healer
    Chogup --> Powerwar's imp

hmmm, maybe its lag that causes this? Because I notice that when I press 2 (corruption) sometimes only 2-3 corruptions will pop up, and ill have to press it again for it to reach 5 (wasting casts on 2-3 warlocks).

I also notice that this happens when i change targets during combat. Does anyone else notice that there is a lag sometimes when using FTL when you change targets? Like my warlocks (or any characters) will cast whatever spell on their current target before changing targets.
    Last edited by Rokins : 07-24-2010 at 07:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Rokins View Post
    Is there a macro out there for warlocks that will only cast corruption, CoA, etc if the target doesnt currently have that spell cast on it from that particular warlock?

For example

Warlocks A-E

Warlock A casts corruption but B-E dont (out of range)

B-E get in range and the main character A casts corruption again, now applying the 4 other corruptions but wasting a cast on A since his corruption is already applied.
    Yes, there is a macro that does this. No you can't have it because it was nerfed out of the game way, way back.

[edit] also, yes, there is lag when switching targets. This is a fact of life when multiboxing. FTL does it. Focus setups do it. Everything does it. Give yourself some time after a target switch depending on how much latency you have before expecting your alts to see the target change on your main.

Basically, the reason for target switching lag goes like this:
    1. Leader changes targets.
    2. Leader's WoW.exe client sends notification to the server that you switched targets. (+250ms)
    3. Server confirms notification of target switch and notifies everyone else your leader switched targets.
    4. Alt clients receive the leader's target switch and can accurately target the new target.(+250ms)

Substitute the +250ms with whatever your normal lag to the wow server is, and add about 250ms for client and server-side processing to happen. So, the example above is about what I'm running here on wifi (230ish pings) and it takes my alts about 3/4 of a second to see the target change and actually swap to the correct targets, depending on other factors like prime-time server lag.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 07-24-2010 at 08:39 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Rokins View Post
    I also notice that this happens when i change targets during combat. Does anyone else notice that there is a lag sometimes when using FTL when you change targets? Like my warlocks (or any characters) will cast whatever spell on their current target before changing targets.
    This is not just FTL, this is all targeting. Because whatever your main character does has to go to the server and then the server sends that information to your slaves. You can't switch targets lightning fast when multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    This is not just FTL, this is all targeting. Because whatever your main character does has to go to the server and then the server sends that information to your slaves. You can't switch targets lightning fast when multiboxing.
    Unless you broadcast your tab targeting, but your targeting is likely to be very unprecise in that case.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    Unless you broadcast your tab targeting, but your targeting is likely to be very unprecise in that case.
    That would be sort of neat to play with, too bad the TargetNearestEnemy(); range is now fixed. I really liked having 'incombat' a very short range on my tank and out of combat the long range.

/console set targetNearestDistance "50"

there must be a way to switch targets quicker. My lag is quite high (~400ms) so the delays are annoying.
    maybe if the main passes the target name to the slaves?
    like for example through a chat channel ? main chats target name, and slaves auto acquire that target.
    Wouldn't work perfectly with several mobs of the same name obviously. Unless there is a way to uniquely identify a mob? (other than just the mob name)
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    there must be a way to switch targets quicker. My lag is quite high (~400ms) so the delays are annoying.
    maybe if the main passes the target name to the slaves?
    like for example through a chat channel ? main chats target name, and slaves auto acquire that target.
    Wouldn't work perfectly with several mobs of the same name obviously. Unless there is a way to uniquely identify a mob? (other than just the mob name)
    A chat channel is still through WoW and will have whatever shortcomings your other targeting commands would have. Short of designing something to run client side to pass information (and violating the TOS, tripping Warden 2, and otherwise screwing yoursel) no, there's no effective way to do this well.