Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: DoT Macro

i'm just thinking that "using master's target" is a two step method (master aquires target, slave acquires master's target) whereas passing the name directly to the slave would be a one step method (both master and slaves acquire target) when it comes to client-server transactions.
    unless in the first case the slave can target the master's target before the master's client is actually aware of it (which it probably can)
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    i'm just thinking that "using master's target" is a two step method (master aquires target, slave acquires master's target) whereas passing the name directly to the slave would be a one step method (both master and slaves acquire target) when it comes to client-server transactions.
    unless in the first case the slave can target the master's target before the master's client is actually aware of it (which it probably can)
    I see what you're saying and I like it but... I would only assume when you press enter on your chat window [or an addon has to communicate via any channel created in game] it still has to go to the server and then that info gets sent back to your slaves and becomes visible, still suffering from any latency you would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    I see what you're saying and I like it but... I would only assume when you press enter on your chat window [or an addon has to communicate via any channel created in game] it still has to go to the server and then that info gets sent back to your slaves and becomes visible, still suffering from any latency you would have.
    yup i guess so. might do some testing though.
    i would be good if there was some way to go from client to client to pass the targetting info
    .[I