Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Problem in auto follow in WG

I have been experiencing problem in auto follow in WG.

The main will either auto follow ownself or slave and main auto follow each other and it start to spin around after fighting in group for a while.

The only way to resolve that is to reload UI for each toons. Anyone have experience this problem in auto follow.

What is the likely cause of this problem? I am using Jamba and ISBoxer.

WG itself, I have to do the same thing, a lot of times I crash too :/
    Fxv Fxz Fxy Fxw
    Shaman, High 5s of 1828 (S8)

My guess is that a downkey event was given to the game and no upkey event. Pushing more down and up keys doesn't resolve the issue and you reload the ui the block key / reset events.

Just so I am clear so you see your character strafing left uncontrollably, and you strafe right and right to correct and it does nothing, you /logout and the character sits and you cancel and it gets back up and runs some more. You hold the 'q' stafe right key and you can make the character sort of stay still, you release the key and it keepings going left. Sometimes you can monkey with it and it fixes.

This is likely the multiplexer pushing events pretty fast into the game and some being dropped. My guess with WG is that the game itself might be slow to respond to the events for some reason.

You can also run into this as the multiplexer isn't limited to how many keys can be smashed at one time, where a keyboard has a limit (razer and other fancy keyboards exceed these limits if you use the driver, but perhaps games don't honor these obscene limits). This limit to be clear is how many keys you can hold down at one time, and still create new events. so if you are pressing down q, tab, up arrow, space, ctrl and alt at the same time most programs are going to ignore keys after a while and then the problem starts ... what happens when you release those keys. Well, no big deal if the game doesn't know that you released 'tab', but its a noticeable issue if it doesn't notice you released 'up'.

Fwiw, I did this exact thing today in ZG, my 9 noob characters and Dijie were in ZG. I stupidly was running along and broadcasted 'scroll wheel up' to all 9 characters while running a few times. Then I stopped the main group of characters and off into the distance two of them ran, nothing would stop them and they were quickly eaten by fishes. Then as ghosts they proceeded on their way to Kalmidor.

If you are using hotkeynet, you can easily <KeyUp (Down|Right|Left|Up> to all your toons and fix this. I didn't have it in my 10box profile, but I do in my 5box.

When I was writing a logging program to train myself button mash cadence, I noticed that a shit load of keys are lost. We just don't really care or notice them, but the movement ones we definately do. Especially the IWT ones where the game has to create a path to plot