Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Damn Svpernova and his engineered super sniper scope. LOGOFF YOUR HUNTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Negative. I've only a handful of RID friends myself.
    so as was said before, it's really just a limited IM tool, with a pretty UI..

*puts it in the same box as Sentry Totem and Voice Chat*
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    Jamba does not currently forward realid whispers. Hopefully Jafula is working on a way to get it to work.
    Is there still whisper forwarding for non-RealID? It's been too long since I played...I'm forgetting things.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    so as was said before, it's really just a limited IM tool, with a pretty UI..

*puts it in the same box as Sentry Totem and Voice Chat*
    Right, but seeing as I use IRC and message boards to talk to my guild members [I don't use any other real IM programs] and such, the few people who I talk to and aren't on my server and don't use IRC I threw on RID.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Is there still whisper forwarding for non-RealID? It's been too long since I played...I'm forgetting things.
    yes, Jamba still forwards whispers directed to your slaves

Eh. I find real-id to be convenient. I of course don't have the whole spy mentality (secret characters / desire to be online but invisible) and pretty much gave up keeping my real identity and my online identity separate years ago. It saves me from having to explain to people I want to talk to that "this is Ishar" cause they can't keep track of all 40 or so toons I have. (I've also been informed that I am "weird" for having identical friends lists across all characters on a server, irregardless of account.) Also, anyone I know well enough to have on my friends list probably already knows my real name, so its not really a case of revealing 'new' information to people.

That said, I sort of wish blizzard would add 'per toon invisbility' so folks can hide their secret auction house guys or whatever other secret toons they have, and add a 'handle' feature that overrides the whole 'real name' deal, just so all the paranoid folks could use it.

Eh, to clarify, its not that I want to sound like I'm endorsing the 'real name' bit. (Its irrelevant to me, is all). I 'love' the Account to Account aspect though. Eg identifying all 5 of my WoW accounts as a single individual for chat purposes. I think that bits genius. (Cause I'm lazy, mostly. And I never saw the appeal of being online, but invisible). Oh, theres another aspect of it I like, the immutability. Anyone else got friends on their friends list that are hard to identify because they got name changes? I swear, I had a friend named "Bob"*, who changed their name, and Now another friend changed their name to "Bob"*, so i have Old-"Bob"* and New-"Bob"*...so confusing.

Probably not the place to get into this, but someone asked what the appeal was=p.

* Name changed to protect the guilty.

it is/was only a little about my real name, and a lot about what people can do with it. All your info is out there with the correct "clues" I will not give out any of those things. Sorry, my friends can email me and get what they need, or use a phone.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Eh. While I admit that in theory people could do some bad stuff with your real name, in reality none of us are particularly famous so it becomes an issue of risk. When I said "paranoid" folks I don't necessarily mean it as an insult or that they are wrong. (i.e. the fact that you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.) I choose to assume that the risk is small, and thus nothing to lose sleep over, you perhaps assess the risk to be much higher, making you relatively more paranoid (about personal security, or whatever) than me. (Not wrong, or right.)

When I say its irrelevant, I mean that the benefits of RealID as I see them, don't have to rely on the real name bit. And anyway, my post was 'these are the benefits of realid' not 'these are the security risks' I think the sky is falling types have enumerated those sufficiently. I think theres some fairly simple things that could ultimately solve those issues, obscuring your 'real name' via some immutable handle and providing per character invisibility would virtually erase them. I honestly have no idea why they provided the 'friend of friends' bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    Eh. While I admit that in theory people could do some bad stuff with your real name, in reality none of us are particularly famous so it becomes an issue of risk. When I said "paranoid" folks I don't necessarily mean it as an insult or that they are wrong. (i.e. the fact that you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.)
    Actually there are some famous people here who multibox and do not wish their identities to be revealed as it would ruin their careers.
    I do not know their identities, nor do I have any desire to find out.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

@Ishar - I have all those features by using an IM program. I have had 7+ accounts of toons, my IM names have never changed. And they go with me no matter what game I'm playing no matter the company. Or if I'm not playing any games at all.

The only thing I see RealID having over my chat program so far is you don't have to change window focus, but really, I don't have any issue clicking the flashing window on my taskbar when I'm ready to respond and clicking it again to minimize it. I do it all night long while my husband is at work and I'm playing.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _