Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default WotLK - Obsidian Sanctum - OS - 10 Boxing Strategy

I'm hoping another 10 boxer can give me a pointer on OS. I outgear the place on my team, so my problem is user error :-)

I'm having issues splitting the team for the portals. And reading up on the macros it doesn't look like there is a macro solution.

My team is 2 pallys, 2 priests, 4 shaman, mage, druid.

So I can create two groups to tank, heal, but I'm not sure how many to send into the portal. I've 5 boxed the raid with another 5 boxer and we usually just pick a group to go for the portal, but is that the best way to 10 box it?

I'm guessing I just need practice (awesome repair bills btw) but I'm wondering if anyone has a strat to share?

What happens if you just ignore the portals? A while back it was the weekly on my realm, and I 5 boxed it (me tank, 3 ele & 1 resto shaman) together with a disc priest and a mage, and we just nuked it. I didn't go into the portals for sure, and as far as i can recall the mage & priest didn't do that either. I may add that we are fairly well geared (tank, 1 ele and mage icc 25 man (264), priest & resto icc 10m (251) and 2 ele toc 25m geared (245))

Not entirely sure though about my claim. I'll ask tomorrow.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

You cant ignore the right side portal, as the boss goes immune. To be honest I just took my shaman in there and blew his ass up. Its like 100k? hp's or something, and hits weak.

Overall I spread out best as possible, healed through the void zones, and took shaman only into the portal. I had to make a different follow key that was for my DPS only. This is how I got it.

To be honest, I had a harder time with that one mob -- then I did with the rest of the instance.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Assuming you're going clockwise, meaning that you go left as you enter.

First Drake:
    Tank 'n Spank while staying out of voidzones. Just blow him up.

Second Drake:
    Tank 'n Spank and when the whelps come (if you didn't kill him fast enough) AoE Tank them as well.

Third Drake:
    This one goes immune when his portal pops and he's pretty hard to nuke down before the first portal. You can deal with this 2 ways:

1. When the portal spawns, drop an earth elemental and take your team into the portal. The elemental will keep the boss busy and you can blow up the add. You automatically come back and can finish him off.

2. Keep your team out and bring a DPS'er into the portal to blow up the add. (pref. not a clothie). Make sure you don't die to void zones on the rest of your team.

In regards to sartharion: if you can hunterpull with a Feigh Death, that helps to get your toons into position. Just tank 'n spank and have a button that makes all your slaves walk backwards or forwards. When the lava walls come, move out of the way. You probably won't have to do this twice since he'll be dead then.

Cheers!

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try again after server restart tomorrow and update

He's pretty easy to box, in fact you can bask in the flame wall if you down all 3 drakes lol.

If you stand in the bosses platform, on the far edge before the lava river, nearest to the exit. The wall seems to miss there more frequently then any other spot. Just watch out you don't get knocked back into the lava!

The little flame adds however prove to be a pain, the're very hard to target. Just burn him down fast and its quite easy.
    Last edited by Sbrowne55 : 07-13-2010 at 04:57 PM
    Vek'linash - Alliance
    Morra -5 man PVE <League of Crafters>
    Prank - Rogue - Solo Toon
    PVP Druid Team - Boxone, Boxtwo, Boxthree, Boxfour, Boxfive. 2 Resto, 3 Feral

Well, not my best screenshot, but I got him :-)

http://img8.imageshack.us/f/wowscrns...310170202.jpg/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't kill the 3 drakes.

Dead serious here - if your guys can pull 8-10k dps for the duration of a heroism (and anyone that's around 5.5k gs plus should be able to do this np) you should just 3d kill him every time. This means you will have to deal with exactly one flame wall, and one drake descending. Also your group will have to be able to re-adjust itself to one geared tank, one geared healer, and 8 dps. My tank has 5.8k gs, and my druid has about 6.1k gs, and they do it no problem, the druid simply rolling hots and spamming nourish in a macro (insert rant about how micro-managing heals is for losers here)

FD or invis pull him to reset him. Move your guys into position (tank right where he spawns, others at range). Blow absolutely everything you have right at the start. Avoid one flame wall (which should come down right about when the drake comes down) and pop your cooldowns on your tank when the drake comes down. Tank both the drake and sarth, do the last 500k damage before your tanks cds are up, and loot a black drake.

Finesse and tactics are for wussies - overgeared boxers brute force everything.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    What happens if you just ignore the portals? A while back it was the weekly on my realm, and I 5 boxed it (me tank, 3 ele & 1 resto shaman) together with a disc priest and a mage, and we just nuked it. I didn't go into the portals for sure, and as far as i can recall the mage & priest didn't do that either. I may add that we are fairly well geared (tank, 1 ele and mage icc 25 man (264), priest & resto icc 10m (251) and 2 ele toc 25m geared (245))

Not entirely sure though about my claim. I'll ask tomorrow.
    i did ask the mage and it went into the portal that iceorbz describes, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Iceorbz View Post
    You cant ignore the right side portal, as the boss goes immune. To be honest I just took my shaman in there and blew his ass up. Its like 100k? hp's or something, and hits weak.

Overall I spread out best as possible, healed through the void zones, and took shaman only into the portal. I had to make a different follow key that was for my DPS only. This is how I got it.

To be honest, I had a harder time with that one mob -- then I did with the rest of the instance.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!