Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Jamba + Real ID

Default Jamba + Real ID

Does Jamba forward Real ID messages? Right now I have msg forwarding on, but it doesn't seem to catch Real ID conversations... am I doing something wrong or has this not been implemented yet?

Problem is I message someone, and they reply and it sends to a random character (5boxing), so this would come in very handy

~Cheese

Nope, Jamba does not forward RealID. RealID is contained in a different set of functions than normal WoW chat. As the addon author, I am not going be implementing any RealID functions as this would require me to use RealID, which I will not do*.

However, if someone else wants to write a RealID forwarding module for Jamba, I'll happily include it in the Jamba distribution (or they can distribute it themselves).

*At this point in time and for the foreseeable future (but maybe not forever).
    *Also requires me having RL friends in WoW, but unfortunately they all have quit playing WoW and I'm the last man standing!
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Nope, Jamba does not forward RealID.
    *Also requires me having RL friends in WoW, but unfortunately they all have quit playing WoW and I'm the last man standing!
    Nice way of putting it and another reason I will support you in the future
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

I have a RealID friend in the game (one of real life friends in town) And depending on the toon you are on WoW will forward it to the screen you have active.

So Jamba does not need to do this.

^ I have not found this to be the case using ISboxer :/
    Fxv Fxz Fxy Fxw
    Shaman, High 5s of 1828 (S8)

Quote Originally Posted by Oatboat View Post
    I have a RealID friend in the game (one of real life friends in town) And depending on the toon you are on WoW will forward it to the screen you have active.

This probably only applies to multiboxing on one PC and only where the "non-active" windows are actually left in the background (zOrder - 1). For those of us who use multiple PCs or have software that sets all windows to the foreground (or makes them think they are) this will probably not work the same way.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatboat View Post

This probably only applies to multiboxing on one PC and only where the "non-active" windows are actually left in the background (zOrder - 1). For those of us who use multiple PCs or have software that sets all windows to the foreground (or makes them think they are) this will probably not work the same way.
    Indeed, most of the time, if me or my realid friend logs in and out a lot, his messages will go to a seemingly random character each time.
    And i'm software boxing with all 5-6 on one PC.

And even if I just click over to one of the other windows for a second, I still want my messages sent to my current main.
    But currently, who the messages get sent to seems to have nothing to do with which window is currently being focused.
    Maybe if you actually minimize the other windows to the taskbar would you get a similar behavior to what Oatboat describes, but with having all windows open and visible I see no such functionality.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

This won't work if you log in / out a lot, but doesn't the REALID message get sent to the first toon that logged on? That seems to be the case for me, so I just log my main into the game a second before the others. It has worked for me so far, but like I said, as soon as you log in / out that no longer works.

Quote Originally Posted by DLoweinc View Post
    This won't work if you log in / out a lot, but doesn't the REALID message get sent to the first toon that logged on? That seems to be the case for me, so I just log my main into the game a second before the others. It has worked for me so far, but like I said, as soon as you log in / out that no longer works.
    Indeed, and if you have a realid friend that likes to log back and forth between alts all the time, even if you don't yourself, you may be pretty screwed likewise.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest