Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

An update in case any were interested.

The issue with the Wards behaviour has been, we think, sorted out. It's their Lash attack which strikes the highest plus next nearest threat. If there is only one threat (ie/ only one tank on their threat list so far) it seems to go hunting for another target to pick.

When we take on the Wards we (either 5-boxer partner I run with) run both tanks in up front and have never had any issues dropping them since then.

Tonight after a 2 hour session of rep farming we picked up about 6,000 rep, boosting ourselves along to Honoured. This enabled the first upgrade to the Ashen Verdict ring (very nice) and of course, purchase of both the Prot and Ret blacksmithing Boot patterns - which I then crafted for the whole team.

Along with some changes to the teams glyphs and seal, and their gear getting very nice now, the team was hitting around 6k DPS for the Rets with the Prot hanging around 3.5k.

Slatters - the other 5-boxer I was with tonight - and I were able to clear all the trash in front of Marrowgar in the 12 minute mark we've been aiming for (allowing the full 5 resets per hour).

My team is just about done now with Heroics for Triumph badges, and they're really starting to faceroll their way through them, including adding new dungeons to the farm-list. Only trinkets plus the Prots shield remain to be upgraded (trinkets will get a frost one, plus a triumph one shortly and I'm farming Marwyn for the i219 shield which seems to be the best short of raiding).

I've also taken the team in and 5-boxed the trash in front of Marrowgar, though not the Wards so I'm able to continue repping even when another team isn't online.

Once Marwyn finally drops the Shield (10 runs so far), I'll move to Heroic ICC 5 mans and upgrade all the weapons to i232.
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

What is everyone doing with those damn casters, they seem to rape me pretty hardcore.

That blue flame crap = fml.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

IceOrbz,

Those casters can be brutal. The tactic I use that seems to work fairly well is to hit them with Avnger's Shield to silence them... then they will move into melee range. It is IMPERATIVE that you keep them faced away from the rest of your team. My tank can handle the blast, but clothies get totally fried. Frost resist aura helps quite a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk38 View Post
    IceOrbz,

Those casters can be brutal. The tactic I use that seems to work fairly well is to hit them with Avnger's Shield to silence them... then they will move into melee range. It is IMPERATIVE that you keep them faced away from the rest of your team. My tank can handle the blast, but clothies get totally fried. Frost resist aura helps quite a bit as well.
    And if they refuse to face away, round robin interrupts can keep them locked down enough to give you time to kill them. At least for the groups with only one.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I think u need to keep both tanks on the top 2 on threat for it to work. Their saber lash is looking for the second highest threat, which in your case must have been the shamans. Leave RF on your tank and have both tanks build up a threat lead and I think you should be fine.

Its not threat based its spacially motivated, ie it hits the two closest targets. If there's not one in melee range then it goes for range. Odd behavior but that's how it goes has NOTHING to do with threat!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghonosyph View Post
    Its not threat based its spacially motivated, ie it hits the two closest targets. If there's not one in melee range then it goes for range. Odd behavior but that's how it goes has NOTHING to do with threat!!
    Yup, our tests confirmed that too. Since we move both tanks in now, they're just like fluffy sweet little kittens and just as easily dispatched......
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

To be honest, I've got no clue what you guys are talking about. You mean the trap triggered giants? I've never ever got hit with any ranged class, even though I've been farming rep with just 1 tank. Not even caring for max range or stuff like that, all ranged toons are just a couple of yards away.

Yes the trap guys. I believe that its actually three targets in 25 man but that doesn't apply here lol