Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32

Zub if you think you might every require the services of another PHP developer for stuff like this or for options that Lax mentioned let me know!

I know it doesn't have the polish of your site (partly because I couldn't find a whole ton of interest in it) but I am the author of http://pants-optional.net/sigs/index.php, another multiboxing signature generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Nice, and your site looks great. Do you have any plans for an option to output the rotation macros in some sort of XML or other program-readable format? (copy to clipboard would be <3, or download, etc) I think a lot of people would like the ability to import the results into ISBoxer
    If you give me a xml format to follow, i could add it down the line. But I know nothing of ISBoxer so i would need some directions on what you want me to generate (and it would come after some other of my todos :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    Ok I think what is going on man is the 'Sample Signature' In the sample it displays different toons/race/etc... When I generate my signature it's perfect. Guess I was confusing sample with a real time preview Maybe put a note for dumb people like me that the characters represented in the sample aren't a preview.
    ah... oh! ok i see what you mean. I'll add a "SAMPLE PREVIEW" tag across the fake demo sig

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post
    Zub if you think you might every require the services of another PHP developer for stuff like this or for options that Lax mentioned let me know!
    I know it doesn't have the polish of your site (partly because I couldn't find a whole ton of interest in it) but I am the author of http://pants-optional.net/sigs/index.php, another multiboxing signature generator.
    Pretty much doing this as a relaxed hobby at the moment, so i like to do everything myself, but thanks for the offer.
    Your sig is realy targetted to boxers which is great, mine is more towards people with alts. I'm trying to think a way of rearranging it (5 toons) without making too big, but haven't found a way yet
    .[I

Cool idea! Only thing I can think of is how to add haste rating to the formula
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

If you give me a xml format to follow, i could add it down the line. But I know nothing of ISBoxer so i would need some directions on what you want me to generate (and it would come after some other of my todos :-)
    I'm not picky As long as it's valid XML, and has a list of each of the macros that'd be cool, with an attribute or a separate name or something marking the master macro.

Something like this would be perfect, example XML below created from this guy's macros: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23481
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Macros>
        <Macro name="Master">/Click MultiBarRightButton5
    /Click MultiBarRightButton6
    /Click MultiBarRightButton7
    /Click MultiBarRightButton8
    /Click MultiBarRightButton9
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /Petattack
    /cast Demonic Empowerment
    </Macro>
        <Macro name="MultiBarRightButton5">#show Life Tap
    /cast [mod, nochanneling] Drain Soul
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Life  Tap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    </Macro>
        <Macro name="MultiBarRightButton6">#show Curse of Agony
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Curse of  Agony,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,
    </Macro>
        <Macro name="MultiBarRightButton7">#show Corruption
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target  Corruption,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    </Macro>
        <Macro name="MultiBarRightButton8">#show Immolate
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target  Immolate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    </Macro>
        <Macro name="MultiBarRightButton9">#show Shadow Bolt
    /cast [nochanneling] Shadow Bolt
    </Macro>
    </Macros>
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Cool idea! Only thing I can think of is how to add haste rating to the formula
    yup, it's in the todos.

I'll need someone to also explain to me how latency works :-)
    if i have 300ms latency, do i just add 0.3s at the beginning of each cast? or beginning and end? or 0.15 before and 0.15 after etc
    .[I

Very nice, I'm very interested in how this turns out.

added the spell cast times and an indicator of the spell currently in use (the colored line under the timeline icons.
    Also added a number of shaman spells and talents, and a few of the paladin glyphs (those affecting cooldowns, durations and cast times: consecration, holy wrath, holy shock and beacon)
    Will do the talenst and then the shaman glyphs and talents after.

I haven't got access to the game at the moment, so can someone clarify the following please?

1/ if i have 300ms latency, do i just add 0.3s at the beginning of each cast? or beginning and end? or 0.15 before and 0.15 after ?

2/ i believe cooldowns start when the spell is cast (i.e *after* the cast time)
    so if I have a 2 second cast time and 6 second coodown on that spell, I will be able to start casting that spell at:
    t = 0
    t +8
    t +16

3/ If Ii have a 2 second cast time on a spell that has a buff or debuff that lasts for a duration of 10seconds,
    that means that if I start casting at t=0 the spell buff will start t=2 and end at t=12

4/The exception being channeled spells where the duration and cooldown start at the beginnng of the casting time. correct?

5/now, the trick is, for Instant cast spells, both duration and cooldown start at t=0, but still there is a *implicit* casst time of 1sec, being the global cooldown. Does that make sense?

sorry must seem obvious but it's late and i'm confused, and locked outside the game
    Last edited by Zub : 06-27-2010 at 08:47 AM
    .[I

Link spells that share cooldowns (i.e. shocks) would be nice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    1/ if i have 300ms latency, do i just add 0.3s at the beginning of each cast? or beginning and end? or 0.15 before and 0.15 after ?
    I do not know the answer to this question but here is my guess. Since latency is always changing, I believe the number you're actually seeing is an 'average' making it truly impossible to pinpoint. I'm not sure that this would actually affect the /click macro since it's being sent to the server at the correct timing and the server is then sending back information at the same rate as well. If you were to add more commas because of latency I think that would only throw the macro off. The only thing latency does affect is your reflex speed while responding to standing in fire, sending chat, etc.
    so if I have a 2 second cast time and 6 second coodown on that spell, I will be able to start casting that spell at:
    t = 0
    t +8
    t +16
    I just woke up and I'm not sure what all those t's are about but I'll confirm that the cooldown doesn't start until after the cast is successful. Otherwise you'd be screwing yourself and putting your own abilities on cooldown if you accidentally began to cast something you didn't want to and then canceled it.
    3/ If Ii have a 2 second cast time on a spell that has a buff or debuff that lasts for a duration of 10seconds,
    that means that if I start casting at t=0 the spell buff will start t=2 and end at t=12
    The buff/debuff won't exist until the cast is successful, so yes.
    4/The exception being channeled spells where the duration and cooldown start at the beginnng of the casting time. correct?
    Yep
    5/now, the trick is, for Instant cast spells, both duration and cooldown start at t=0, but still there is a *implicit* casst time of 1sec, being the global cooldown. Does that make sense?
    The GCD is 1.5 seconds in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    added the spell cast times and an indicator of the spell currently in use (the colored line under the timeline icons.
    Also added a number of shaman spells and talents, and a few of the paladin glyphs (those affecting cooldowns, durations and cast times: consecration, holy wrath, holy shock and beacon)
    Will do the talenst and then the shaman glyphs and talents after.

I haven't got access to the game at the moment, so can someone clarify the following please?

t = 0
    t +8
    t +16

sorry must seem obvious but it's late and i'm confused, and locked outside the game
    AFAIK:
    1/ Latency is measured one-way, so when you hit the button to cast a spell, it takes (in your 300ms example) 0.3s before the server registers it, and another 0.3s before you see it start casting. Same goes for the end of the spell I think, in that as long as the spell is done casting server side when the next spell casting gets to the server, it'll work.
    While I guess displayed latency may be an average, I believe addons have access to the actual number at the current time. Though since latency is constantly changing, and with how it works as I just mentioned, you do not need to account for latency in macros. (pretty sure of it)
    Only when using more than one spell in the same castsequence will it make a difference.

2/ Yes.

3/ Yes.

4/ Yes, and instant spells, though some channeled spells have the first tick instantly and some after the first amount of tick time, but i'm sure you already account for that, the total channel time is the reported time (before haste) anyway. (Dr damage, and gnosis are good addons to observe these things).

5/ Such implicit cast time would only be used for knowing when the next spell can be cast. (I believe in a lot of cases the global cooldown is 1.5s as well, so you'll need to account for which uses which)
    Last edited by Maxion : 06-27-2010 at 04:51 PM
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest