Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Key Layout & Macro Help for my Mixed Group (long)

I've copied most macros I think I need.

Group: Paladin-Prot, Mage-Arcane, Hunter-Survival, Druid-Resto, Priest-Shadow.

ISBOXER user: Keys used 1 through = and arrow keys.

Paladin:
    1 nothing
    2 avenger's shield
    3 Holy Wrath
    4 Hand of Recokoning
    5 Macro: /castsequence reset=5 Holy Shield, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness
    6 hammer of justice
    9 ground mount
    0 flying mount
    - conjured mana strudel
    = divinte plea

Mage:
    1 follow paladin
    2 nothing
    3 nothing
    4 nothing
    5 nothing
    6 /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles
    7 /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Arcane Blast
    8 /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image
    9 ground mount
    0 flying mount
    - conjured mana strudel
    = Blizzard

Hunter:
    1 follow paladin
    2 nothing
    3 nothing
    4 nothing
    5 nothing
    6 /castsequence reset=5 Auto Shot, Hunter's Mark, Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, Multi-Shot
    7 nothing
    8 nothing
    9 ground mount
    0 flying mount
    - conjured mana strudel
    = Volley

Druid:
    1 follow paladin
    2 nothing
    3 nothing
    4 nothing
    5 /castsequence [target=Rou,nochanneling] reset=combat Rejuvenation,,,Swiftmend,,,,Lifebloom,,,,Rejuvenat ion,,,Lifebloom,,,,,,Lifebloom,,,,
    6 Wild Growth
    7 nothing
    8 nothing
    9 ground mount
    0 flying mount
    - conjured mana strudel
    = nothing

Priest:
    1 follow paladin
    2 nothing
    3 nothing
    4 nothing
    5 /castsequence reset=5 Vampiric Embrace, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Blast, Mind Flay
    6 nothing
    7 nothing
    8 nothing
    9 ground mount
    0 flying mount
    - conjured mana strudel
    = nothing

The arrow keys I use for move up, back, strafe left/right.

I just tested the healing sequence for my druid, and it seems to not always work. I'm not sure where it's hanging up right now, but any suggestions will help me try and locate the problem. (As I just read this I may have found the problem with my healing sequence - there was a space in one of my spellings of my words, have fixed that).

I start pulls with my paladin by hitting 2 or 4 depending on whether I'm pulling a group or individual mob. I then mash my the 4 and 5 keys to start the healing on the paladin and to build up the tanking agro. After a few seconds of that I start hitting the 6 button every few seconds so that they can make sure they get their full casts of mind flay and arcane missles with my priest and mage. I ignore my hunter special ability of lock and load, even though it would be a bit more DPS and just stick with his sequence.

My problems mostly with instances is surviving when something is going on besides just your regular tank and spank fight. AE's like blizzard I can kinda work through with just hitting follow and running my tank and the followers out of blizzard, but there has to be a better way. Example is Grand Magus Telestra, Cyanigosa, or Novos the Summoner. The worst one is when Ingvar the Plunderer throws his axes toward the end of his fight. So movement is my issue. Also in Gundrak I can't even kill Slad'ran for some reason. He wraps up my tank, which I have never seen when I am in a pug group, and I'm not sure how to get him out of the wrap, while the other snakes kill off the rest of my team. I've tried it several times at different distances with the same results.

Anyway - all help toward making me better is appreciated!

Gearscores for my toons are: Paladin 5075, Mage 5144, Hunter 4783, Druid 3727, Priest 2905.

My goal with this group is to get down about 5 or 6 instances that I can complete no problem. Then when I random roll a group dungeon I have a better chance of getting one I can finish. In most of them I can finish at least a couple bosses so they aren't a complete waste while I wait for the dungeon timer to cool down. I've only completed Drak'tharon and UK so far completely. Others I'm up to the last boss, but haven't killed that one for one reason or another.

As always - thanks in advance!

Mal
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Blog Entries

You probably want a nochanneling on that priest macro or you're going to clip the mind flay like crazy. Also, why isn't mind sear on your setup with your other aoe?

my click macro is threefold, and I think is probably a little higher dps than what you're doing. if you never play with any dps but yourself you don't really need the set raid marker line.

/Click BT4Button49
    /Click BT4Button50
    /Click BT4Button51

Button one:
    /cast [nocombat] avenger's shield
    /castsequence reset=30 divine plea, null

Button two (9 second cooldowns): (the commas give the third button macro a chance to fire off)
    /castsequence reset=8 holy shield, , , , , judgement of light, , , , , consecration, , , , , ,

button three (6 second cooldowns):

/castsequence reset=5 hammer of the righteous, shield of righteousness,,,,
    /script SetRaidTarget('target',8);

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    You probably want a nochanneling on that priest macro or you're going to clip the mind flay like crazy. Also, why isn't mind sear on your setup with your other aoe?

my click macro is threefold, and I think is probably a little higher dps than what you're doing. if you never play with any dps but yourself you don't really need the set raid marker line.

/Click BT4Button49
    /Click BT4Button50
    /Click BT4Button51

Button one:

Button two (9 second cooldowns): (the commas give the third button macro a chance to fire off)
    /castsequence reset=8 holy shield, , , , , judgement of light, , , , , consecration, , , , , ,

Are you using your mouse for those click buttons or creating a repeater region? I'm not quite sure what all that means.

I am new to a shadow priest so will add in the ones I'm not doing currently. Should I also put in no channeling for my mage since he casts arcane missles and shouldn't be interupted during that cast?

Thanks for your advice!

Mal

- Maybe swap 5 with 6 on your druid so you're automatically healing the tank without thinking.
    - Then have numpad 1,2,3,4,5 for an OHSH*T healz for each toon.
    - Add a /stopmacro [channeling] at the beginning of mage and priest macros
    - I would also have a separate key (say 5) where only pally attacks for building up or regaining lots of threat.
    - you'll want to put innervate on some combination of keys for when you really need it, i use grid + clique for that. In fact, rebirth is also on one so you don't have to make 5 separate macros, you just click on the toon.
    - Finally make arrow keys just move the slaves, this will REALLY help with fights like Forgemaster Garfrost, who is actually dead easy once you figure out the slave movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgor View Post

I just tested the healing sequence for my druid, and it seems to not always work. I'm not sure where it's hanging up right now, but any suggestions will help me try and locate the problem. (As I just read this I may have found the problem with my healing sequence - there was a space in one of my spellings of my words, have fixed that).
    Also, you have a reset conditional of combat with an early spell on a 15 second cooldown {swiftmend}. This means if you cycle through and end combat on your Druid after casting Swiftmend, the sequence is going to start over with a spell that is still on cooldown if you happen to re-initate combat too soon.

Anyplace where you have spell you don't want stopped prematurely should use [nochannelling] .

I'm not really sure why you have half your spam buttons on 5 and half on 6.

Code:
    5 Macro: /castsequence reset=5 Holy Shield, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness
    6 hammer of justice

5 nothing
    6 /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles

5 nothing
    6 /castsequence reset=5 Auto Shot, Hunter's Mark, Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, Multi-Shot

5 /castsequence [target=Rou,nochanneling] reset=combat Rejuvenation,,,Swiftmend,,,,Lifebloom,,,,Rejuvenat ion,,,Lifebloom,,,,,,Lifebloom,,,,
    6 Wild Growth

5 /castsequence reset=5 Vampiric Embrace, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Blast, Mind Flay
    6 nothing
    You already have your tank "warm up" buttons separate, you should have no problem paring down your spam into 1 button for the whole team. The way you're running here, if your paladin druid and priest are spamming, your hunter and mage aren't doing anything.

My problems mostly with instances is surviving when something is going on besides just your regular tank and spank fight. AE's like blizzard I can kinda work through with just hitting follow and running my tank and the followers out of blizzard, but there has to be a better way. Example is Grand Magus Telestra, Cyanigosa, or Novos the Summoner. The worst one is when Ingvar the Plunderer throws his axes toward the end of his fight. So movement is my issue. Also in Gundrak I can't even kill Slad'ran for some reason. He wraps up my tank, which I have never seen when I am in a pug group, and I'm not sure how to get him out of the wrap, while the other snakes kill off the rest of my team. I've tried it several times at different distances with the same results.
    Druids have the most ezmode heaing in the world. You have 2 sick AOE heals, Wild Growth and Tranquility. Make use of them and add [nochannelling] to the druid's spam heal button. Or nochanneling:Tranquility if you want to be able to toss out AOE to land some Hurricanes on easier fights, but still drop it instantly to go back to healing. Use WG all the time, druids are proactive healers, not reactive, so keep the WG up BEFORE the group takes damage and let it tick.

Learn to add targetting to your Macros. I have a rather complex macro tied to my Hand of Reckoning, but a simple means is just adding /tar whatever to your spam button :

Code:
    /tar Snake Wrap
    /castsequence reset=5 Holy Shield, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness
    I usually do it only from my tank so I only have to add/remove it from one toon's macros as needed. This assumes that your DPS macros use [target=focus target]. You don't list that in your DPS macros, but you also don't list an assist macro, so unless you're DPSing willy nilly, I have to assume you're using something to get your slaves to DPS the proper target.

I'd suggest looking at the macros in the Wiki and the boards for better means of cast sequences :

Wiki - Macros
    Wiki - Click Macros for every class
    How to use /click
    The Macro Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post

/Click BT4Button49
    /Click BT4Button50
    /Click BT4Button51

Button one:

Personally, I have AS, SacShield and DP all on a separate button, which allows me to use it as needed instead of making it dependent on my spam. My slaves use that time/button to prepare for combat {assist, follow, shields, HoTs, certain buffs, debuffs} so they are ready to tear it up once I engage DPS, instead of having to "ramp up" in combat.

Using [nocombat] on AS means you can't recast it to pull more until you are out of combat, which means you can't use it while staying IN combat {for ex. pulling a patrol while still engaged with the last mob of the previous pull to keep DP going, grabbing agro off backspawns on your healer}.

What do you gain off running tankadin spam off a broken up click over a standard 9696?
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thanks, thefunk and Khatovar - those are very helpful suggestions and will try them out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I'm not really sure why you have half your spam buttons on 5 and half on 6?
    The reason I did this was because I wanted to actually establish some agro before my DPS group started in. So I have my tanking stuff all on 5, except for pull, taunt and stun spells. I pull with either a avenger's shield if a group of mobs or Hand of Recokoning if a single target.

Then I'd start my tank rotation by hitting button 5, wait a few seconds then start my dps rotation by using button 6, which also starts the wild growth button so it's always up when it refreshes. I recently added the healing sequence into the 5 button so the druid is constantly healing the tank even while the tank is building up agro. I think I'll take swiftmend completely out since it will screw up that rotation.

I'll keep tweaking and ask if I get stuck again as I continue to learn to five-box these instances.

You have a hunter, if you're worried about not having enough agro after AS, then include Misdirect after Hunter's Mark. Or drop consec. before spamming. But really, if you're not losing agro to your healer or shadow priest, then you shouldn't have too many problems.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

"Personally, I have AS, SacShield and DP all on a separate button, which allows me to use it as needed instead of making it dependent on my spam. My slaves use that time/button to prepare for combat {assist, follow, shields, HoTs, certain buffs, debuffs} so they are ready to tear it up once I engage DPS, instead of having to "ramp up" in combat."

I also have them places I can click them, but generally I want to use AS if I'm on a new pull so I leave it as part of the regular sequence.

To the OP, a /click macro simulates clicking on multiple buttons right after each other, unlike doing this with a g11 keyboard, however, it's both legal and will hang if it clicks something that is on cooldown. You put the main "/click A /click b /click c macro on your normal spam button"

I took out swiftmend and I am wasting a ton of mana. I added more commas but still over healing and wasting mana. Any ideas?

Would beast mastery be a better spec for 5 boxing?