Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default WotLK - Ulduar - Flame Leviathan (10man)

Shabu and I (Koro) are two 5-boxers. Basically our setup was to have 1 Siege, 1 Demo, and 1 Cycle per group. That way everyone is in a vehicle from each group.

We placed the siege engines in the southeast and southwest corner (right in the corner with no extra room). Shabu and I manned the driver seat of a demo so as to maximize dps. The cycles we kept on follow for the most part. The demos roamed the field freely.

We placed the siege engines in the corners so as to distract XT from the demos and keep them safe for most of the fight. We did not put any dps up onto the actual Flame Leviathan, so we got the Shutout Achievement. We also didn't shoot down pyrite. When FL chases a demo, we lay down tar and run away. This ensures that there is a constant stream of dps on FL at any time during the fight.

The best way to approach this fight is to start out with the two siege engines in position, and just wing it from there.

Tip: When he first selects a person to chase, switch to the motorcycle alts and lay down tar in front of him so that he doesn't actually hit the targetted person. The first targetted person (if they're a demo) should stay in the very back of the corner with the siege engines. If he switched to the siege engine already in the corner, it's no problem. They're basically there solely for distracting FL and soaking damage... It doesn't matter if they die.
    MASSOLIT

Since it's the weekly again I've been trying to come up with a strategy to 5 box this sucker... I've seen the videos of people solo'ing it and seems like it'd be more than doable for a 5 man team.

Here's one of the vids of someone soloing it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWzOGV6kuUQ

Ah I see they nerfed it for solo'ing but still think we 5 boxers could figure something out!
    Last edited by jinkobi : 05-11-2010 at 08:24 AM

Its pretty easy for a 5 boxer tbh

1 Seige 1
    2 Seige 2
    3 Demo 1
    4 Demo 1
    5 Demo2/chopper

set up up seige in top right and bottom left as you face the gates (so they are as far apart as possible)
    shoot down a ton of pyrite before you attack levi

-use demo to keep up pyrite stack
    -use this macro to collect pyrite (char 4)

/tar liquid pyrite
    /cast grab crate

if levi targets demo then speed boost away collecting pyrite while you go
    if levi targets seige let them take the pounding and dps with demo

You should down him in about 3 mins providing you can keep pyrite stack up

toon 5 is not really needed its personal choice if you prefer to go chopper or a little extra dps at the start
    Last edited by Whowantstoknow : 05-11-2010 at 02:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Whowantstoknow View Post
    Its pretty easy for a 5 boxer tbh

1 Seige 1
    2 Seige 2
    3 Demo 1
    4 Demo 1
    5 Demo2/chopper

set up up seige in top right and bottom left as you face the gates (so they are as far apart as possible)
    shoot down a ton of pyrite before you attack levi

-use demo to keep up pyrite stack
    -use this macro to collect pyrite (char 4)

/tar liquid pyrite
    /cast grab crate

if levi targets demo then speed boost away collecting pyrite while you go
    if levi targets seige let them take the pounding and dps with demo

You should down him in about 3 mins providing you can keep pyrite stack up

toon 5 is not really needed its personal choice if you prefer to go chopper or a little extra dps at the start
    You rock man! I can't wait to try this out!

I 2 manned it last week, 2 demos stacked the pyrite up to 9 then refreshed it to 10 right before it dropped off. Fired the normal attack otherwise. If your gear is a little low (we're mostly in 264+, wear PVP gear for the ilvl!) then there should be enough time to stack 8, refresh to 9 before it drops, refresh to 10 before it drops. Don't forget flight time on the pyrite barrel so fire with about 3s left on the DoT.
    If you kite him diagonally you can have him target swap 3 times before he'll kill a demo. Take him to the front right corner then to the back left corner, then again to the front right corner (kills the demo there) then again to the back corner (will kill the demo there). But it should be plenty of time to down him.

Flame Leviathan was the weekly on Uther this week, and I figured I'd give it a shot, and Whowantstoknow's strategy worked like a champ once I figured out what the heck I was doing. And now that I've done it, I may do it every week just for the heck of it! Thanks!
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

Default Trash

This may seem silly but I had a really hard time on the trash. A friend and I (each 5 boxing) tried to give Flame a try. We wiped on trash 4 or 5 times. We tried to go slowly but were always overwhelmed by the third row of pillars. Spiders mucked it up too.

Both of us were leading with a demos and I thought that I was shooting down choppers pretty well.
    Maybe for trash we should lead with siege engines for the trash.

I don't think that the boss will be a problem but we can't get to him. Any and all advice is welcome.
    Thanks.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

Apologies if this question seems silly but were you destroying the pillars the mobs stream out of?

Yeah we were taking them out.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

I think I led with sieges when I did the trash yeah.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest