Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 36

Default WOTLK - Heroic Occulus Ley Guardian

Easiest way to do this is take 4 ruby dragons and any color for your healer. When you get to the boss dismount your healer and have them stand by the loot chest. Have the 4 other toons flying on ruby dragons on follow in healing range of your healer. Once you engage the boss just spam Attack and Evade buttons. Have your healer heal whoever needs healing. If you need to rotate aggro manually with the whatever that spell is that aggro's the boss. When the phase balls thing starts just fly around the circle so you end up by your healer again. Rinse and repeat until he dies. Don't worry about the whelps they will die from your ruby attack aoe.

Having ISboxer really helps this fight. With keyclone my alts would not follow me and the FTL DPS buttons from ISboxer activate the vehicle attacks.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

If you are using a "target the leader" system, then alts wouldnt follow indeed, using a focus based system, they follow just fine as long as you refocus after mounting up.
    Before they nerfed the place (or buffed the drakes) i would it easiest to use the 2 red 3 green method from the wiki on this website, also did 5 bronze after getting my macros set up properly (2r3g was easier to set up and needed less practice).
    But now, with some gear from heroics, it would probably be easy enough with truly 5 red and no unmounted, and no macros.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    If you are using a "target the leader" system, then alts wouldnt follow indeed, using a focus based system, they follow just fine as long as you refocus after mounting up.
    Before they nerfed the place (or buffed the drakes) i would it easiest to use the 2 red 3 green method from the wiki on this website, also did 5 bronze after getting my macros set up properly (2r3g was easier to set up and needed less practice).
    But now, with some gear from heroics, it would probably be easy enough with truly 5 red and no unmounted, and no macros.
    see: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showpost....1&postcount=79

(haven't done it yet)
    Last edited by Bloodcloud : 04-27-2010 at 07:46 AM
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

So I've had one of my teams one achievement away from Glory of the Hero for over 3 months. That acheivement is Ruby Void.

Any tips on how to do this well? 5 Ambers? 4 Ambers and 1 Emerald? 4 Ambers and healer dismounted below?

My avg gear score on that team is about 5600, so I would think any reasonable strategy would work. I've just been working on getting my 10-boxing raid teams set up for so long I've not put time and effort into this.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

This strat was discussed here
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=29211

I posted a video finally here
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=29796

You dont need to fly around, use your drakes abilities.
    Its a stupid easy encounter, no special macros or setup needed.

I found this posted on wowwiki today, seems fairly easy, and should be able to duplicate this rotation on any boxing platform, it's 5 Amber Drakes, total fight time is about 2 minutes...

I can't say for certain, but this attempt does look like individual players, not a boxer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U5It...layer_embedded
    Time is the fire in which we burn...

I believe the 5 Amber strat was nerfed a while back. That video is from almost a year ago and it looks like it was possible to keep him time-shifted the entire fight. I tried that recently and he built up immunity and started summoning lots of whelps.

But thanks for looking that up, I appreciate it. And if I'm somehow wrong on this and the strategy still works, please let me know!

Watched the video again, before the first banish phase, only 2 times stops were used, and Ley-Guardian fired off 2 shots on 1 of the drakes. This would work fine, as the diminishing returns are in affect, but he is only immune after every 3rd time stop, which resets after every banish.

My understanding of Temporal Vortex is that all damage done is increased by 100% per active beam on him, so with 4 beams more or less always active, that one Arcane Lance shot should do considerable damage, also the increased stacks from each time stop in place as well, which explains the speed of the kill.

I'm going to give this one a try in the next couple of days and see how it works out, just need to build some macro's to match the rotation I'm seeing. I've not attempted any other drake fights in Occ for quite some time, been raiding on my 6th account more lately, but I was able to get Amber Void and Ruby Void back in the day when you could kite him with 5 Emeralds, which has been fixed as of today with extreme range of the whelps...
    Time is the fire in which we burn...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    I believe the 5 Amber strat was nerfed a while back. That video is from almost a year ago and it looks like it was possible to keep him time-shifted the entire fight. I tried that recently and he built up immunity and started summoning lots of whelps.

But thanks for looking that up, I appreciate it. And if I'm somehow wrong on this and the strategy still works, please let me know!

Strategy still works fine. It's how I have always done it. It can be semi dependant on gear, as how much damage your drakes do is dependant on the ilvl of your toons items. For instance my druid group when they first started out with their sub 3k gs, it was a ridiculously close call. For my main group with everyone 5.5-6k gs, this fight takes a massive 40 seconds. For this encounter wear your highest level gear regardless of if it's actually good or not.

Basically you need 2 keys macrod (use bartender, or macaroon, or whatever)

We'll call these key A, and key B

key A:

/cast Shock Lance

Shock Lance - Instant - Deals 4822 to 5602 Arcane damage and detonates all Shock Charges on an enemy dragon. Damage is increased by 6525 for each charge detonated.

key B:

/cast Temporal RIft

Temporal Rift - Channeled - Channels a temporal rift on an enemy dragon for 10 sec. While trapped in the rift, all damage done to the target is increased by 100%. In addition, for every 15,000 damage done to a target affected by Temporal Rift, 1 Shock Charge is generated.

I personally simply manually click on each time stop myself. Alternately you could put it on a round robin key.

Time Stop
    - Instant - 1 min cooldown - Halts the passage of time, freezing all enemy dragons in place for 10 sec. This attack applies 5 Shock Charges to each affected target.

Pick two keybindings - let's say '<' and '>'

on your two highest geared characters, bind key A to '<' and B to '>'

on the other three characters, do the opposite, as in bind A to '>' and B to '<'

Basically when 2 of your guys (the two best geared to offset the damage difference a bit) are casting shock lance, you want the other three channeling temporal rift, and when two are channeling temporal rift, the other 3 will be casting shock lance.

Go target the Ley guardian. Smash on < until you see the dragon get 10 stacks of shock charges. Then switch to <, until you again see 10 stacks of shock charges, back and forth back and forth. During this time you are also using your time stops to make sure eregos does nothing. As soon as one time stop is up, use the next one. Idealy you do not want ot have to use more than 3 time stops on this phase, but 4 is still doable. If your characters are super geared, you'll normally use 2.

Once he's at 60%, he'll shift, and you just hit follow, then just run in a big circle to avoid the balls, and go back and target him, and repeat smashing on < till 10 stacks, then > till 10 stacks, all the while keeping him time stopped. If you used 4 time stops during the first phase, you might have to wait a bit on the cooldown after you use your first (fifth) time stop in phase 2. This is usally ok. When he's at 20 he phases again, and you run around in a circle, go back, and then finish him off smashing < til 10 stacks, > til 10 stacks, etc etc.

This is definitely the way to do this fight if your guys are geared - I'd say full tier9, if you're doing it any other way you're wasting time. If your gear is not good enough to reliably do enough damage here, so that you keep running out of time-stops, then use the full ruby/healer on the island strat.

Thanks for such a complete and written out strategy, Jimbobobb. And it has the added bonus of being pretty simple to set up.

I'll give it a whirl!