Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 36 of 36

Ok, I finally was able to do this today (Heroic)
    ....after finally sending my ISboxer config file over to Lax, we determined that there was a misconfigured setting that was interfering with sending the command to the other toons.

In a little over 3min I downed Ley using the dismounted healer tactic and we all got the "Amber Void" & "Emerald Void" achievements too!
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    Ok, I finally was able to do this today (Heroic)
    ....after finally sending my ISboxer config file over to Lax, we determined that there was a misconfigured setting that was interfering with sending the command to the other toons.

In a little over 3min I downed Ley using the dismounted healer tactic and we all got the "Amber Void" & "Emerald Void" achievements too!
    grats!

if you're after the ruby void achievement, 5xamber is quite doable, and a much quicker kill (~2min )
    here's how i have it set up (also see Jimbob's strategy on page 1 of this thread):
    Toon 1 and 3 rotate with toon 2 and 4. toon 5 can be in either group, or have a different drake altogether if he needs the 'experienced drake rider' achievement.
    - keybindings on toon 1 and 3: [F4] for spell 1 (shoot), [F5] for spell 2 (stun), [F1] for spell 3 (beam)
    - keybindings on toon 2 and 4: [F2] for spell 1 (shoot), [F6] for spell 2 (stun), [F3] for spell 3 (beam)

line all the drakes, and then press the function keys in this order:
    1 2 2 2 3 4 5
    1 2 2 2 3 4 6
    just make sure you do enough '2' to get 10 stacks of the debuff on eregos.

basically that will make 2 drakes beam (F1) while 2 shoot and build charges (F2), then those 2 drakes will stop shooting and start beaming (F3) at which point the first drakes unload their charges (F4). then stun (F5) as the whelps are about to come out.
    At this point you should be in the first planar phase (~60%), run away :-) If you didnt get whelps before the planar phase, keep your stun to start off phase 2.
    repeat but use your second stun this time (F6) .
    just make sure you see the beams go off correctly when you press F1 and F3, as sometimes the drakes could be busy firing and not start the beam

As stated in a previous post, if you get whelps before the second planar phase, it's likely to be a wipe
    Good luck
    Last edited by Zub : 09-07-2010 at 10:00 PM
    .[I

I finally got the "Ruby Void" accomplishment after wiping 3 times. Two wipes last night and 1 today, but the 4th attempt was a charm.

Basically I followed Jimbobobb & Zub's suggestions for this and once I got things setup in ISboxer, it went well. My team is really not that well geared (5.1k, 4.5k, 4.5k, 4.5k & 4.9k) but with my druid buffing the other 4 drakes, maybe that helped a little

Thanks for all the help here
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Yea i did it lol. Found the pet bars and was able to heal dps for the win. All i need is ruby void.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

I'm going after "Make it Count" and followed Zub's strat, but used a Red Drake for my 5th toon. I also put the Stun on F5 for everyone and did a round-robin for it in ISBoxer. Was able to kill Eregos in about 90 seconds. The Ruby Drake is nice in case any whelps spawn. Here is the macro I used for the Ruby:

/target Ley-Guard
    /target Greater
    /cast [target=harm, exists, nodead] Searing Wrath
    /stopmacro [target=harm, exists, nodead]
    /target Ley-Guard
    /cast Searing Wrath

I put this macro on F1 through F5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    grats!

if you're after the ruby void achievement, 5xamber is quite doable, and a much quicker kill (~2min )
    here's how i have it set up (also see Jimbob's strategy on page 1 of this thread):
    Toon 1 and 3 rotate with toon 2 and 4. toon 5 can be in either group, or have a different drake altogether if he needs the 'experienced drake rider' achievement.
    - keybindings on toon 1 and 3: [F4] for spell 1 (shoot), [F5] for spell 2 (stun), [F1] for spell 3 (beam)
    - keybindings on toon 2 and 4: [F2] for spell 1 (shoot), [F6] for spell 2 (stun), [F3] for spell 3 (beam)

line all the drakes, and then press the function keys in this order:
    1 2 2 2 3 4 5
    1 2 2 2 3 4 6
    just make sure you do enough '2' to get 10 stacks of the debuff on eregos.

basically that will make 2 drakes beam (F1) while 2 shoot and build charges (F2), then those 2 drakes will stop shooting and start beaming (F3) at which point the first drakes unload their charges (F4). then stun (F5) as the whelps are about to come out.
    At this point you should be in the first planar phase (~60%), run away :-) If you didnt get whelps before the planar phase, keep your stun to start off phase 2.
    repeat but use your second stun this time (F6) .
    just make sure you see the beams go off correctly when you press F1 and F3, as sometimes the drakes could be busy firing and not start the beam

As stated in a previous post, if you get whelps before the second planar phase, it's likely to be a wipe
    Good luck

YAY, finally I did an occulus. 4 red dismounted healer works like a charm.
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !