Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 36

spent about 2 hours (2 full repairs) on this guy yesterday. my toons are ~3200-3500gs (dragon at 80-90k hp) with one being at 5000gs (122k hp)
    I had no problem at all with the other bosses

What i've tried:
    - 5 ruby: that seemed to work best, got him once down to 6%.
    For some reason i always seem to get one of my toons dead early in fight. Probably because we can't use Evasion right away.
    Apart from that, it's a game of attrition, and Eregos seems to outlast me at this point.
    i spam the attack, and round robin the taunt+evasion.

- 4 ruby + dismounted healer:
    my healer got hit for half his hp regularly, and died at the first phase shift. (a bubble i guess? how is that toon supposed to avoid them?)
    Also the healer tried to follow the dragons and plummeted to his death once lol

- 1xruby 3xamber 1xemerald:
    got the boss to ~15% with this group, but i have problem using the amber attacks correctly, and basically the main attack breaks the channeled one and therefore make it very weak.
    I might try and macro a [nochanneling] somewhere in there.

Any other suggestions?
    my fights take about 4min.
    .[I

By far the easiest is 4 reds and a dismounted healer. Remember to take the healer off follow and to fly your group up to just within healing range. Save evasion for the astral shifts when he's within 15% of the shift times (60% and 20%) and you won't have to move your dragons at all. Heal your healer the second they get hit. You may have to use mana return tools midway through the fight (big mana return totem or hymn).

Good luck!
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Yep I agree with Merc on the ruby strategy it's the only one that's ever worked for me.

Are you healing using repeater regions Zub? Like with Healbot you can independently heal the drakes/team easily.

I have that problem of my healer getting 1 shotted by something mysterious every so often. Put your healer pretty far back and that seems to minimize it. Keep healing also just make sure everyone is topped off and save your evasion for the phase shift.

Good luck man.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

heh i always do 4 ruby 1 emerald, and just heal with the emerald. keep his debuff up and dot on the boss and just spam taunt evasion and keep everyone above 60% which is easily done... tho my toons do have 5k+ gs so that REALLY REALLY helps

Before they made drakes scale with gear (though i was probably around 4k gs at the time) I did both the 3+2 green/red strat from the wiki on this website, and with a bit more practice, did 5xAmber.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    Yep I agree with Merc on the ruby strategy it's the only one that's ever worked for me.

Are you healing using repeater regions Zub? Like with Healbot you can independently heal the drakes/team easily.

I have that problem of my healer getting 1 shotted by something mysterious every so often. Put your healer pretty far back and that seems to minimize it. Keep healing also just make sure everyone is topped off and save your evasion for the phase shift.

Good luck man.
    yeah i'm healing with repeater regions + grid/clique.
    managed to do it on normal. haven't tried on heroic since >.<
    .[I

I'm still having trouble getting my toons to fire at the same time. I don't think I have modified anything that would prevent this. I can get to the last boss just fine using the standard DPS keys, however when I mount up on the drakes and hit the "1" key the others do not react.
    If I select mouse repeat, and select the attack key, they all attack.

What am I missing here..... ?

I'm trying to do the 4 ruby drake / healer dismounted tactic.
    ... is there a special setup that's needed when using vehicle attacks?
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

My video link is on the first page of this thread. Its easy to have the healer sit out on the island and heal. The drakes have a tenacity buff or something because heals do double what they should on them. I have not had the phase shift ever spawn a bubble for the healer. You can see in the vid 4 bubbles pop and stick to the drakes. Nothing ever hits the dismounted healer except for the barrage and where I was at, 4x healing totems were more than enough to keep her alive.

Im guessing if your drakes are not attacking, you are using some sort of /focus setup and you prolly need to refocus for it to work after mounting. In the vid you see me type out /assist sbjones into the console to get them all firing because my ui was out of date.
    Last edited by Starbuck_Jones : 08-09-2010 at 07:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    In the vid you see me type out /assist sbjones into the console to get them all firing because my ui was out of date.
    Yeah.... I noticed you had typed in something in there but couldn't really tell what it was.

Thanks for the reply, I know it has to be something simple to fix, cause everything else seems to work fine.
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Try five amber drakes. Once you figure it out, you'll never bother doing it any other way - it's by far the simplest and safest, as nobody EVER dies, and it's the fastest. Check first page for my writeup on it.