Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

sucks when you finally found your personal strat to win this instance, you never get it on random anymore. first time beat got a blue drake in the satchel though... sweet.
    "Patchwork should not be allowed in a BG"

I use the ruby strat now myself and love it! One thing to remember- is break follow before engaging LeyGuardian, lol... If your master gets dismounted the whole crew will follow him down.

I got this instance yesterday on normal mode. Got wtf pwned by the layguardian.

I wipes 5 times, then teleported out of the instance. I guess I have to try some more.

Hopefully I won't get this instance again too soon hehe. But I guess the random dungeon finder will que me for this one until I beat it into submission. The rest of the instance is a joke on normal.
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Seldum View Post
    I got this instance yesterday on normal mode. Got wtf pwned by the layguardian.

I wipes 5 times, then teleported out of the instance. I guess I have to try some more.

Hopefully I won't get this instance again too soon hehe. But I guess the random dungeon finder will que me for this one until I beat it into submission. The rest of the instance is a joke on normal.
    Maybe it's a bit easier for me since I outgear the place now but it isn't so bad with some practice. I didn't 1 shot it my first try either as I learned to correct small mistakes. Such as breaking follow before engaging Ley

One thing about the Ruby Dragon strategy is my healer will bite it 80% of the time at some point in the fight. Something 1 shots him- I think a lot of it has to do where he's positioned. Put him back further on the platform last time and he lived!

Also thought about just using 5 rubies and forget the healing off the platform.. Takes a while for Ley to get through all your dragons health and the extra DPS seems like it'd be more advantageous. Usually when my healer dies I end up finishing him off with 2-3 dragons anyway.

Another thing is timing that phase shift correctly. If you hit 3 too early when he phases then it can be game over right there.

I finally got up the courage to try H Occ last night.. spent about 3 hours wiping on the ley guardian before calling it. Tried the 4x Ruby w/ dismounted healer, 5x ruby, and 2x ruby / 3 x emerald techniques. Am having some specific issues that I haven't seen addressed yet:

When I try the dedicated healer route, I'm having trouble targeting w/ the healer because my mouseover regions are on the toon names, so she just heals herself. I tried correcting by making a @targettarget healing wave macro to spam so she'll heal whichever drake the guardian has targeted. That worked somewhat, but I had no control over who was getting the heals, and then somebody would 2 shot the healer any way after she got a few heals off. -- Is there an opion in Vuhdo to show character vehicles? I'm at work now and can't go fooling with it at the moment.

When I try 5x ruby, spamming evasive maneuvers, and trying to rotate taunts so the max-HP toons are taking the majority of love, I had the most success, but still wiped at 10% on my best run.

With the mixed 2ruby/3emerald approach, My rubies all worked fine and did their job, but for some reason the macros (from the d-b wiki guide) weren't working on my emeralds, so they just stood there and picked their noses.. Do I have to go into keybindings in WoW and literally debind a bunch of stuff and re-bind? I'm hesitant to do this unless absolutely necessary just because I'm sure I'll rebind something uncorrectly afterward.. I'm using bartender4 and a logitech g15, so had my macros on the G keys, which really confuses me why the rubies would work and the emeralds wouldn't. I double and triple checked the macros on the emeralds to make sure there were no typos or inappropriate spell names.

Sorry for the wall of text..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sildenafil View Post
    I finally got up the courage to try H Occ last night.. spent about 3 hours wiping on the ley guardian before calling it. Tried the 4x Ruby w/ dismounted healer, 5x ruby, and 2x ruby / 3 x emerald techniques. Am having some specific issues that I haven't seen addressed yet:

When I try the dedicated healer route, I'm having trouble targeting w/ the healer because my mouseover regions are on the toon names, so she just heals herself. I tried correcting by making a @targettarget healing wave macro to spam so she'll heal whichever drake the guardian has targeted. That worked somewhat, but I had no control over who was getting the heals, and then somebody would 2 shot the healer any way after she got a few heals off. -- Is there an opion in Vuhdo to show character vehicles? I'm at work now and can't go fooling with it at the moment.

When I try 5x ruby, spamming evasive maneuvers, and trying to rotate taunts so the max-HP toons are taking the majority of love, I had the most success, but still wiped at 10% on my best run.

With the mixed 2ruby/3emerald approach, My rubies all worked fine and did their job, but for some reason the macros (from the d-b wiki guide) weren't working on my emeralds, so they just stood there and picked their noses.. Do I have to go into keybindings in WoW and literally debind a bunch of stuff and re-bind? I'm hesitant to do this unless absolutely necessary just because I'm sure I'll rebind something uncorrectly afterward.. I'm using bartender4 and a logitech g15, so had my macros on the G keys, which really confuses me why the rubies would work and the emeralds wouldn't. I double and triple checked the macros on the emeralds to make sure there were no typos or inappropriate spell names.

Sorry for the wall of text..

Thanks
    I use vuhdo with repeater regions and when I click to heal my guys who are mounted it throws heals on them. Maybe try vuhdo if your current healing bars are not working. When I do this fight I constantly spam the dragons dps and evasive buttons. If a dragon gets really low I will taunt with another but using this strat they all stay pretty full health while I am healing them.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I'm using Vuhdo, so I wonder why mine isn't healing vehicles while your is. I'll check when I get home whether there's an option to heal target vehicles.. Otherwise I dunno.. Guess I'll try to find a safe place in the zone and fool around with it some more.

Thanks

I use x perl unit frames and have targets of party and party pets up.

Then I use a 4 red 1 green Drake setup and lead with the green. I un bind my 2 key on the green Drake as you don't wanna spam that spel but you DO want to keep that buff up. Then I just spam my 1 2 and 3 keys for dps And dmg evasion. I use mY mouse to click whichever Drake needs healing and always keep a 3 stack of the life leech up on the boss. I haven't wiped once since switchin to this strat and I'd bet that u just need to get an addon to target the drakes better ie xperl or pit bull and you'll figure it out. Trying to do too much with macros when all you need is a better unit frame addon!

Only time the healer should be taking damage is when he does the arcane barrage that hits everyone. That only happens every 4th or 5th casting. You should have plenty of time to heal up before the next one. Im not sure what your group makeup is but when it comes to healing the drakes its super easy. The drakes have a built in Tenacity or something because my healers heals do double on drakes than they do on players. If you watch the vid on page one you will see my shamans healing totems double their heals when I jump on the drake.

UI mods and vehicles have had poor compatibility since day one. Sry to hear your mod makes things harder.

I use Healbot myself and for it all you do is turn on the pet checkbox. Then it shows both my team and each individual ruby dragon. Might give it a try. Also be sure to extend your mouse repeater regions over the new bars.

Maybe in VuhDo it's considered pets also? Not sure since I haven't used it before.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.