Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default [Guild Wars] Is Multiboxing Worthwhile?

I decided to try out Guild Wars, as its only $40 through NC Soft and the client only downloads the files it immediately needs (if it doesn't already have them), so I was able to play right away.

Through lots of trial and error, I managed to load up 3 Trial Accounts on a single computer and broadcast keystrokes.

Currently, I have my alts Target my main, then Interact with him (which causes the AI Pathing to make the Alts run over to the main). Only problem with this is that you basically have to keep pressing it, because when the alts reach your main, they stop following. Not too big an issue, I suppose.

Next - Assisting and Attacking. The main uses SPACE BAR everytime he wants to attack a new target. This is mapped (ingame) to a feature which puts the currently selected mob on your party's High Priority list. The allies (using the same SPACE BAR keypress) attack whatever is currently on their High Priority list. This basically attacks the mob my leader is targetting.

Skills are used on whatever is currently targetted, so no biggy there. Heals are not so easy, so I leave that to the AI Henchmen to take care of.

Now my question: Anyone box this game? Is it worthwhile and does the glory make up for the pain in the ass lack of a decent /follow and /targeting methods? Keeping track of the alts is kinda taking the fun out of it. I went through my methods in case there is something I'm missing.

Thanks
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

I tried this a long time ago but got too frustrated with it. Henchmen make MB'ing a little superfluous anyways IMO.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

I 2box GW a long time ago, when i didnt know how to multibox.

Best thing about it was having 2 professions. This gives you almost unlimited number of builts. I loved how you have to earn your elite spells and not abitrarily train every 2 lvl.

that follow thing is just not boxing friendly. Good thing you dont need mounts in the game. Screw flight paths. You dont have to choose a realm. Just choose the realm you want to go today. Any box team can meet anywhere.

It can be boxed if you are having fun.

I had a lot of fun. its always in the back of my mind as i play WoW. I really wish GW2 would come out soon.