Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Quickest way to level 60-80?

Using RAF makes leveling 5 chars from 1-60 quite nice, but after this what is best way to as fast as possible reach 80? Is doing only dungeons most effective?

Another question. So far I haven't tried any arena pvp, but if I later on try out 5vs5 do I need to win to get arena team rating or will I get rating if I just manage to get a few kills each match (even if I lose every match)?
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Blog Entries

First off, having the heirloom shoulders (Wintergrasp Shards or Badges) and heirloom chest (Badges) each increase your experience by 10% and stack.
    So if at all possible (already have a team at 80th), purchase both of these items, for each toon on your team.
    I have Cloth with Caster Stats and Leather with Melee DPS Stats, figuring that will cover all teams; even plate toons in leather is decent and worthwhile for the 20% increased exp.

From 60th to 70th, you could easily boost if you had a half geared 80th.
    Probably 55-60 Ramparts, 60-62 Blood Furnace, 62-64 Underbog, 64-68 Sethekk Halls, 68+ Northrend... or something similar.

Questing from 60th to 70th is quite fast, if you have a flying mount, which you can buy at 60th now.
    Similarly, 70th to 80th is fast with flying, if you have 80's to buy (Account Bound) Cold Weather Flying books.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    From 60th to 70th, you could easily boost if you had a half geared 80th.
    Thing is, what do you do with the toon on the tank account ..(as he says he has 5 at 60)? I have the same now with my new teams. Questing is sometimes very boring and i decide to boost my dk's/priest team with my very well geared pally tank. It's very fast with rested xp. However there is 1 toon behind. I end up running him through instances with multiple shammies, which (due to multiple lvls 80s) makes it way slower.

So for me the best way to level up is the way that you won't get bored. A mix between questing, battle grounds, instances and farming trash packs.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

I've recently run 5x Hunters, 5x Priests, 5x Druids through Outland.
    All of them have had the two +exp items, and have done it with slow flyers.

The Hunters and Priests dinged 68th in Nagrand (Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand), and then quit leveling... as they're only for additional alchemy toons.

The Druids reached 70th in Blade's Edge Mountains, and are going to 80th.
    With 5x toons, questing is better then boosting.

Incidentally, with flying... none of the toons run out of rested.
    Can do Outland in 5-6 sessions over two days, and they still have rested at the end of it.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Blog Entries

If you have a team of shammies...

You could try Rhino AoE slaying in Borean.
    Basically grab your left-over toon, group her with any other toon of similar level (AoE is best).
    Run around with these two (three shammies on follow, but not grouped with the lowbies), and aggro a bunch.
    Then drop 3x Magma Totems and 1x Stoneclaw.
    Re-drop Stoneclaw as necessary (round-robin).

I did 60th to 70th, in a very boring afternoon.
    Well, boring until I put a dvd on.
    But hard to complain with 10 levels (on two toons) in just under 11 hours of play time, looting everything.

It would have been faster without looting the rhino meat, but with the Dalaran cooking daily... stacks of 5 rhino meat sell for 5g per stack.
    With 10 stacks (of five) listed daily, it was over 3 months to get rid of it all.

It's slower, but I found it very helpful in learning my team's mechanics. Random dungeon finder, rinse, repeat. Decent gold, items, etc. Especially on a fresh team with no previous level 80 support.

Blog Entries

Your first team, will definitely want a lot of heroics.

First to gear the team, so they can run more heroics and run them quicker.
    Eventually for a lot of badges, for heirloom items for later teams.
    And possibly for badges to buy pvp gear, if you want to participate in that portion of the game.

I'd recommend an enchanter toon on the team.
    Purely for disenchants of anything where the DE mat value exceeds the vendor value for an item.

My guys are 50 now (5 x Paladin). I definitely plan on mostly random dungeon running to 68 after using the intial Hellfire quests to gear up a little more first.

The only note of caution I have though, is 70 to 80. If you do it all via dungeons you're going to have issues with certain areas (Argent Crusade, Sons of Hodir for example) not being opened up and usable cause you never did the quests that opened them.
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

I have just leveled my locks to 80.

Here is how I did it.

lvl 60 - 67 --> mainly questing with some BG runs when I got bored
    lvl 67 - 70 --> BGs during weekend time for the call to arms and extra XP.

lvl 69 - 70 --> In howling fyord at the entrance of the alliance base there is an endless supply of mobs to kill.
    lvl 70 -75 --> mainly questing and collecting gear with stamina + intelect
    lvl 75 - 80 --> mainly pvp because it was considerably faster. Got a weekend of call to arms for Isle of Conquest. Turned out that my warlock team was an excelent base defender and I was able to defend the alliance base from incoming hordes almost alone or alone at all. It was win after win and around 15-20% of level per win. The last day leveled 3 levels and got so much honor that I bought 3 lvl 80 pvp items with it.

Now have half scholazar basin quests untouched, all the incecrown and the ulduar zone quests also untouched. That alone at lvl 80 will give anough gold to fund my boomkins team leveling

I did only the kill quests in every zone skipping completely the collect quests. as a result I have broken several quest chans, but who cares... this is a pvp team anyways.
    Last edited by Powerwar : 04-26-2010 at 08:14 AM
    Anachronos EU
    Loladunus --> Paladin Tank (PvE) || Xuljin --> Shaman DPS (PvP)
    Buljin, Nuljin, Muljin --> Shaman DPS
    Tuljin --> Shaman Healer
    Chogup --> Powerwar's imp

I got bored with running my team through quests - hit the 1.000 quest achievement at lvl 75.

I started to play around with WTLK dungeons and had a blast. Then started to PUG my tank in instances, and had so much fun I kept doing this all the way to 80 and to the point where he can tanks most of the heroics.

I have now returned to my other toons and atm. im doing the Wrathgate quest chain even though they are a bit to high level for that quest chain. I read somewhere that is should be a epic quest chain to complete, so for once i'm actually reading the lore as well. hehe.

But collection quests are such a bore.... I'm gonna level doing both quests and instances with this team since this is the most fun to me.
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN