Close
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 79

Default Beginners Guide 2 Dual-Boxing (3,4,5 boxing)

Post Edited: 2008-01-20.
    Guide last updated: 2008-01-20, updated the layout, added some more information. New better layout on the keybindings.

Can you guys who has more knowledge then me read thrue the guide and let me know what you think about it. I have spend alot of time doing the guide for newcomers as me. Most of the information is from the users here on dual-boxing.com so i cant take any credit for it. I just put all things in one place for newcomers. Therefore it wount include all aspects.

Here is a link to it: http://www.digitek.se/dualboxing/Beg...ual-Boxing.pdf
    (Ill promise you that you dont have to be afraid to download this PDF file)

Best regards
    / PJ

I didn't read through all of it, but I skimmed.. Your english seems fine, and the pictures are helpful. good guide!

Read it for a bit and it's quite nice. Not much that isn't available ofcourse, but definately a nice howto/tutorial with everything in one place to get people started. Nice work :>.

Hi piejoh77 and welcome to the forums

**clap clap clap**

excellent job

Being new to multi-boxing, I think I can give you some constructive input. The guide was good, but the one thing I think it is lacking is good explanations of what is being done.

For example, you say to download and install keyclone. It'd be nice to have a paragraph explaining what keyclone does and why you need it.
    Also, there's lots of screenshots and good explanation on how to install and setup WoWAce, but no explanation about what it is and why to install it.

So, my only recommendation is to not only tell us what to do, but why to do it (what that action will add)

first off, nice one for putting all that information in one place, with images etc.

however, just a little constructive criticism for ya

You say people need to make seperate WoW folders for each copy of WoW you will be running, this isn't actually necessary and running from less - 2 (one for main, one for all followers) or even from a single directory like I do can help to increase performance quite a bit!

Secondly, it might be an idea to add a bit in the keyclone setup section about "run aways" i.e. if people add wasd (or whatever they use for movement) to their no-pass list pressing a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt), then a movement key, then releasing the modifier key before the movement key can cause your followers to get that movement key"stuck" down, making them run in that direction till the key is pressed again on each char. So i would say to add the following to the no-pass list aswell :

left/right alt+w/a/s/d
    left/right ctrl+w/a/s/d
    left/right shift+w/a/s/d

apart from that, very good job
    Outland EU
    Pally + Shammies : Hxxc,Hxca,Hxcb,Hxcc,Hxcd

Al'Akir EU

Priest + Mages : Hxcx, Hxcl, Hxcr, Hxcll, Hxcrr

Default Critics and more information

Cheers rocknroll and hxc. This is exactly the kind of information i need. I cant call it critics, more like useful information how to get the guide even better.

I know i have missed alot of information for the readers, but are trying to collect more now since my post on the forums. I wanted the guide out there asap, and also its my setup i use and it works for me. (explained in the guide). So therefore i cant promise its the best setup, macros, and so on for some others.

I will add it to the guide and re-upload it as soon as i can. I will be away from home this coming week working so the guide will be updated later next week.

Again, thanx for the information, you are more then welcome to add more suggestions, critics so i can get the beginners guide as good as possible.

One thing to remember doh, it will be a "beginners guide". Not to technical with all aspects included since it will be to much to read and remember.
    We must stick to the simplicity as much as possible and a fast way to get the software setup to get it work. After that the newcomers can ask / read more how to setup a more advanced setup here on the forums.

Is this a bad idea? Suggestions please. Ps im still a beginner myself, thats why i need more experienced users to keep me up with some important information.

Regards
    PJ

Hi PJ,

yes.. keeping it focused on the beginners would be better. it'd have the most impact that way.

one section you may include is hardware. cpu, graphics cards, system memory, hard drives, multi-monitors... basically the core components of a multi-box rig. this would resolve the 'will my box handle 2+' kind of questions. i would guess there would be 2 types. the basic 2 or 3 boxer on 1 pc and the 5 boxer on 1 pc. probably only a couple of pages each.

either way, i think your pdf should be stickied in the beginner's haven. and if you put it on a static url, i'll include a link to it on the keyclone base page (my tutorial is put to shame with your first shot)

Cheers for info keyclone. About the PDF it will be static as long as you like, so feel free to put a link on your webpage. 8)
    PS.. sry for messing up your tutorial :whistling: DS.

I will update the guide and delete some not so serious information from me, also im telling some of the things 2-3 times (about flaws, errors etc) i will delete that and try to fix the layout even better.

About the hardware chapters, is there someone who can bring me some information about what the Req´s are for a 2-3 boxing setup, also if someone that runs a 5-box on a single PC can add some information about what hardware you need to be able to run it. I cant say i have the latest PC hardware myself but its quite new and good, so i dont have any problems running 3-boxing. I cant say my hardware setup is the req the users must have to be able to play 2-3 boxing. So...what is the lowest??? or should i just put in a prefered hardware setup. Win XP/Vista, a dual processor, at leats 2 gig memory etc etc.

This guide will focus on be able to run multibox from a single PC. If people want to add more PC´s they have to look it up in the forums. Maybe later the guide can expand and have this kind of information but not at the moment.

Advice, information are welcome.

/ PJ

Quote Originally Posted by 'piejoh77',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29488#post 29488
    Cheers for info keyclone. About the PDF it will be static as long as you like, so feel free to put a link on your webpage. 8)
    PS.. sry for messing up your tutorial :whistling: DS.

I will update the guide and delete some not so serious information from me, also im telling some of the things 2-3 times (about flaws, errors etc) i will delete that and try to fix the layout even better.

About the hardware chapters, is there someone who can bring me some information about what the Req´s are for a 2-3 boxing setup, also if someone that runs a 5-box on a single PC can add some information about what hardware you need to be able to run it. I cant say i have the latest PC hardware myself but its quite new and good, so i dont have any problems running 3-boxing. I cant say my hardware setup is the req the users must have to be able to play 2-3 boxing. So...what is the lowest??? or should i just put in a prefered hardware setup. Win XP/Vista, a dual processor, at leats 2 gig memory etc etc.

This guide will focus on be able to run multibox from a single PC. If people want to add more PC´s they have to look it up in the forums. Maybe later the guide can expand and have this kind of information but not at the moment.

Advice, information are welcome.

/ PJ
    My problem with this is you have it has a PDF and you are not a active member... So I do not think alot of people could trust a link like that. I know I don't BUT I clicked it anyways. I suggest writing a HTML text based on and make a new thread.

I also want to add... Its seems like you covered much of what anyone can read it the beginners section. You did touch base on Setting up macros better. But the WoWAce updated... I dono. and we have a Maximizer how to guide already.

Overall. Looks good. I like the bindings and key bindings part.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock