Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Keyclone Support: Keyclone not recognising G15 Keys

When trying to make keymaps using my G15 Keyboard G keys, the Keymap editor supplants "G1" with "F1".

Is there fix for this issue? To make sure I've done the Keymap correctly, I'll describe it below.

Keymaps:

Main:
    "G1" (which displays as F1) mapped to "Heal1" saved as Healing.kcl

Firstfollower:

LSHIFT+LCTRL+1 mapped to "Heal1" saved as Healing2.kcl
    Bartender Bar 4, Slot 1, bound to LSHIFT+LCTRL+1
    Bartender Bar 4, Slot 1, macro "/cast [target=MainToon] Holy Light"

Command Setup:

wow1, region 1.1, keymap:Healing.kcl
    wow2, region 1.2, keymap:Healing2.kcl

I'm running a 5 Paladin group, I only made the above keymaps to test Keyclones abilities with my keyboard, I would like to make keys for all four followers for targeting my main as well as each other (the followers already have in-game macros set up to do this bound to C+S+1,2,3,4,5,6 (6 being everyone heals themselves).

PS: I would have tested whether F1 actually initiated the heal, but I've got F1-F5 bound to by Pip switching keys. After maintenance I'll bind the outgoing translation on the main to another key just to test that the keymap was actually correct unless Rob confirms it prior to that.
    Last edited by OzPhoenix : 04-06-2010 at 07:17 AM
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

Blog Entries

You can set your G-Keys to send key combinations.
    Basically whatever you want the keys to represent.

When I was using Keyclone, I never messed with G-Keys in Keymaps.
    But did use G-Keys for obscure keybinds, and then placed macros on those keybinds in wow.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    You can set your G-Keys to send key combinations.
    Basically whatever you want the keys to represent.

When I was using Keyclone, I never messed with G-Keys in Keymaps.
    But did use G-Keys for obscure keybinds, and then placed macros on those keybinds in wow.
    Good point, I guess I could map them that way.
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

Did you get this to work? I just downloaded Keyclone again and can't get the G keys to be recognised at all. The Logitech Keyboard Profiler test works just fine, maybe I need to reboot?

edit: just to clarify, I've mapped G1 to Ctrl-Shift-A for example, and then created that keybind using Macaroon in-game. Only problem is, G-key doesn't seem to send the string.

Always worked fine for me. I used only two keys (CTRL+1 etc..), I don't think that should make any difference though.

Make sure you are allowing those keys to pass through the keyclone filter.

Also, if you run one program as admin, you have to run all as admin....that's been my experience anyway.

Good luck.

I think I figured it out, but want to post here in case it helps someone else. I had already tried:

1) removing the custom keymap I had created for WoW
    2) restarting the Logitech keyboard profiler

The symptom was that my assigned G-keys did not function in Keyclone (and seemingly in WoW in general though I was using them fine just last night.)

Anyway, I went into the Keyboard Profiler app, selected Settings/GamePanel Manager, and saw that I had WoW.exe registered 4 different times from past multiboxing efforts. I unchecked those so they were no longer active, forcing everything to run on the default config. It now works, and when keyclone is active as well.

(As a side note, I also discovered one other place for forcing the default profile: Settings/Profiler..Profile tab.. and check "Enable Persistent Profile" and select the profile you want (in my case, Default Configuration).

Hope this helps someone.