Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48

what I do, is set master looter to the booster, and set the booster to "pass on loot" and set the threshold to blue, then the only lootable mobs are ones that drop the blues, making cherry picking the loot much easier. Especially in places like SM or SFK that have rare BoE drops that can sell for a lot of gold on the AH. I still have yet to see the Scarlet Chestpiece... and I have boosted over 2 dozen toons through SM.

I usualy set it to green quality because I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to get a scarlet tabard on each toon :P
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    set the booster to "pass on loot" and set the threshold to blue
    That is why I had it wrong! So the slaves do not have to be in range? A lot of points to pass on though. I will find a better second spot to park them.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

to Greythorn you got a vid on how you pull Sunken Temple and do your guys sit at the start? Im level 35 but cant do ZF due to the hex problem Sunken Temple still good for XP?

This threat has really great infos, thank you all!

I just did my first boosting and I must say I am shocked - I did lvl 1-40 within 11 hours played.

Before I always just did Inis with the team at the same lvl, but that takes an order of magnitude longer. Of course you need to do this to learn multiboxing still at least once

I used my lvl 80 GS 4700 prot pally, toons were what is missing for my 10box: a holy paly and a lock. Accounts have RAF and both toons have 20% xp bonus from heirlooms.

Here is the sequence:
    - Lvl 1-10: serial killing mobs at same level. in my experience faster than running around for quests
    - lvl 10-20: deadmines. not a perfect place, but good for learning mass pulls
    - lvl 20-30: stockade. perfect, easy to reach, only xp limit is the 5 inis/hr timer
    - lvl 30-40: sm cathedral. here I started looting to stay in the ini timer
    - lvl 40- now: started BRD, not so great - will check ZF

Not sure why Blizzard allows boosting, they could easily just turn off xp when you are grouped with someone more than 10 levels above you. If I remember correctly, EQ2 doesn'even allow grouping in that case.

They probably figured it keeps us going... Somehow I feel I have earned it

Boosted two teams to 60 very recently.

The first one I did SM until 40, then ZF until 45, then Scholomance. What I liked about ZF is that I enjoyed the change and I only had to do it 3 times then all the toons were ready to go to Scholomance. The only issue was that I couldn't find an unique spot to park toons so it was a bit tedious, repositioning the toons very often and always watch for patrols.

The second one I decided to stay in SM until 45 then run to the nearby Scholomance. I really regretted that choice. Until about level 40, toons would earn XP quite fast but it seems that as soon as the mobs fall into the "green difficulty" range, the xp you get from each kill suddunly drops a lot and it's becoming too tedious to stay worth the effort

For the next team (and hopefully the last one) I'm going to create I'm still undecided whether I should give BRD a try or return to ZF.
    EU-Uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by Daeri View Post
    The second one I decided to stay in SM until 45 then run to the nearby Scholomance. I really regretted that choice. Until about level 40, toons would earn XP quite fast but it seems that as soon as the mobs fall into the "green difficulty" range, the xp you get from each kill suddunly drops a lot and it's becoming too tedious to stay worth the effort.
    I didnt find the xp drop to be that bad (3-4 runs of Armory and Cath per level), but then I was boosing a RAF team. I found it was far less hassle than trying to get the toons over to ZF or BRD.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekim View Post
    I didnt find the xp drop to be that bad (3-4 runs of Armory and Cath per level), but then I was boosing a RAF team. I found it was far less hassle than trying to get the toons over to ZF or BRD.
    I currently have an active RAF link between these accounts. Yes I think it was about 4 full runs of both armory and cath per level at 40 but before level 40 I'd only have to do about 1 run to get a level (well perhaps 1 and a half at that point) so yes I really felt the decrease of productivity I think that by level 44 it had decreased to 5-6 runs / level. But I was boosting 2 toons only (both linked with RAF) with a level 80 tank if that changes anything ? Maybe my perception was greatly altered because I had enough of this instance so I was inclined to think anything else would be more entertaining than this endless succession of monastery runs.
    EU-Uldaman