Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 48

Default Spot to park toons while instance boosting

Hi all,
    i'm going throught the process of boosting a couple more toons but and remember seeing a post on this (particularly SM) but couldn't find it again)
    Basically i'm after information on where to park toons while boosting them through instances.

For example, in

- SFK (min 10) - i think the toons can get xp from anywhere in the instance (haven't tested though)

- SM Armory (min 20) - You can take your toons at the first stairs after the courtyard and they will get xp even if the booster is almost at Herod (just pull herod out a bit)

- SM Cath (min 20) - Just keep your toons in the entrance halls, just before the opening on the courtyard, and fight Mograine and Whitemane just outside the catherdral entrance.

- Uldaman (min 30) - dunno, seems like the toons would need to follow all the time

- Sunken Temple (min 35) - I think i read that near the entrance portal (where the 4 stairs start basically) is a good spot, and fight bosses near the middle of the instance (close to the hole). anyone confirm?

- Scholo (min 45) - seems like having the toons on first bridge near the entrance cover a maximum of xp in the instance. anyone confirm?

- Strat (min 45) - dunno probably near where the baroness is?

- Ramps (min 55) - dunno, seems like pretty much anywhere in the instance

Can anyone confirm/clarify those? I'll probably be doing quests from 58 onwards.
    thanks.
    Zub
    .[I

- SFK (min 10) - i think the toons can get xp from anywhere in the instance (haven't tested though)
    I believe this is true. Whenever I've done this, I leave them at the gate that lets you see into the courtyard.

- SM Armory (min 20) - You can take your toons at the first stairs after the courtyard and they will get xp even if the booster is almost at Herod (just pull herod out a bit)
    I take them a little further than that...into part just before the second set of stairs.

- SM Cath (min 20) - Just keep your toons in the entrance halls, just before the opening on the courtyard, and fight Mograine and Whitemane just outside the catherdral entrance.
    /agree

- Uldaman (min 30) - dunno, seems like the toons would need to follow all the time

- Sunken Temple (min 35) - I think i read that near the entrance portal (where the 4 stairs start basically) is a good spot, and fight bosses near the middle of the instance (close to the hole). anyone confirm?
    Why bother? Stick in SM till 40 then head to ZF. It only takes about 2 runs to get 40-45. Depending on what class you're using to boost, this instance isn't too bad. I use a demo lock, so I just run and dot with the toons on follow. The dots do a fair bit of damage on their own....and the demon finishes everything off pretty quickly.

- Scholo (min 45) - seems like having the toons on first bridge near the entrance cover a maximum of xp in the instance. anyone confirm?
    Confirmed, I park mine on the landing that looks onto the large room at the start of the instance.....they get all XP from the instance kills. Make sure to put loot on FFA for getting the key off Ramstein though

- Strat (min 45) - dunno probably near where the baroness is?
    Because of the Eye of Naxxramus, I wouldn't ever risk leaving them anywhere. I used to use Strat as my 45-55 run, but since trying Scholo.....Strat's been given the boot!

- Ramps (min 55) - dunno, seems like pretty much anywhere in the instance
    I leave my guys just at the start of the bridge. You're as well boosting them in here till at least 60. You'll get the bonus rep with Thralllmar, plus the XP from quests will go further.

thanks for the feedback.

I don't have RAF though so the 40-45 will take a bit more than 2 runs i'm afraid.
    I'm sort of fed up with SM, so i was thinking to go to Sunken Temple if there's a good spot i can leave them at.
    i'm not a big fan of ZF
    .[I

Oh dear lord. In that case I'm not sure then. Perhaps, do as I suggested and run SM till 40....then do PvP until 45?

I do sunken temple from 35 to 45. Just leave them at the entrance and clear the 4 loops. Just run around and pull, when you get back to the start of the loop, kill.

Scholomance you need free for all loot to get the viewing room key off of rattlegore, not rammstien.

cheers guys,
    Are the BGs worth doing xp-wise?

my problem is that BGs are not instant, whereas boosting is
    .[I

Sunken Temple is a bit of a bummer as it seems a fair number of the mobs have pathing limits (the first left loop as you enter as an example) so you can't gather them up. First time boosting there today so probably more to come. Non-RAF 40 to 45 seems like it might drag if ST is slow going.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

in SFK you can park your guys at the entrance and pull everything up to the ramparts above it.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I'm lazy so I just keep my chars at the zone in and pull to them using a pally with like 40k health

RageFire
    SFK
    SM
    BRD
    STRAT
    Ramparts
    = Lvl 60 +