Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Leveling 70-80

Default Leveling 70-80

Hi All

I'm slowly leveling my first team, they are around 70-71 (Prot Pally, 1x boomy, 2x shadow priest, 1x Tree). I'm finding it somewhat painful at the moment to level, I like to level via instances but find it somewhat challenging with under geared toons etc. I just want to get them to 80 and gear em up and run heroics!

Whats the quickest way to level? currently I've done most of the none annoying quests in Howling Ford, and spending time doing UK normal at the moment, although it takes a me a long time... I seem to have to drink every pull or two.

I don't have a 80 tanking toon I can use to run these toons through anymore and don't have the 80's on each account to get them cold weather flying or the gold even if I did for all of them.

Seems to be taking me 9 hours to do one level, is it supposed to take this damn long?

First time through Northerend takes a while. Flying will help, but enjoy your lore and relax. BG give EXP for a different route. Learning the normals as you go will help at the end with badges and it all makes you gold.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Also i would spec all of your members to DPS for questing. Then go back to tank,healer setup when you want to run instances. I know dual spec is alot but its worth it on main toon atleast.

It was taking me about 5-8 hours per level above 72. Gets old but you get alot of gold per toon just grinding quests.... which is nice

And atleast do the 1 random wrath dungeon a day so you get your 2 triumphs, I had 32 on my toons by the time i hit 80 which gave me my shoulders right away.

You can always take your tanking toon and level him ahead of the others then come back and boost the remaining group. I've found that you can get good experience and gear just queing as a tank in LFG with little to no down time.

Was thinking the same question. My toons are in the mid 60's, and the paladin tank is 71. Thought about going back to Outlands and questing. Thought about what Duane suggested...get the pally to 80 and start boosting. Still undecided.

I'm still slowly leveling, doing a mix of questing and instances. Instances are getting a bit easier as I get better at boxing and replace quest gear with instance gear.. And being higher level.. Tank is 74 and others are 72. The tank is leveling quicker due to boa's. 20% extra exp is nice. Only completed uk and nexus so far. It's a bit of a grind but has to be done.

Plan is to get this team to 80 earn some badges for boa's and boost other teams to 60 (before RAF runs out) with the pally or a bear and then just level the other teams up with rested slowly.

Just takes a bit of time

Best approach to leveling seems to be what ever one likes or dislikes less to get the job done

Buy a full set of crafted cobalt tank armor for your team. It should make you crit immune for non heroics and give you a huge boost in hp compared to outland gear.

Also, you have picked the 2 hardest specs to macro for good dps. Boomkin and shadow. Careful adjustment of your click macros on target dummies should improve your shadow dps alot. Your boomkin can really rock, especially if you can manage your eclipse procs well.
    Last edited by moosejaw : 08-30-2010 at 06:14 PM
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
    Also, you have picked the 2 hardest specs to macro for good dps. Boomkin and shadow. Careful adjustment of your click macros on target dummies should improve your shadow dps alot. Your boomkin can really rock, especially if you can manage your eclipse procs well.
    Yeah the tank is out dpsing them on everything except bosses . Pally aoe is nice.

I have click macros rocking along but haven't tuned them as yet. Just the ones from the wiki. I haven't setup /click on the tank yet , if I got that setup I might be able to find the time to manage the eclipse proc. Every few days I improve something like that.

funny, i would have gone 2 boomkins+1 shadow +1 disc priest
    the aoe/burst boomkins have can be very nice, and priests are as viable healers as druids
    .[I