Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 48

hmm .. sethekk got me 3x faster xp than manatombs,
    no toons moving saves so much time and the endboss is near the entrance.

- kill controllers while pulling more mobs (they are the only obstacle in this instance)
    - keep toons at entrance until first room is clear
    - deeper in the instance pull the mobs in the direction (wall) of your toons to get in xp range
    Last edited by drevil : 05-27-2010 at 01:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    hmm .. sethekk got me 3x faster xp than manatombs,
    no toons moving saves so much time.

- kill controllers while pulling more mobs (they are the only obstacle in this instance)
    - keep toons at entrance and they won't agro if you get controlled in the first room
    - deeper in the instance pull the mobs in the direction (wall) of your toons to get in xp range
    where are they parked? they dont get exp for the entire instance @ entrance

Quote Originally Posted by Hittavainen View Post
    After reading this and the post after I decided to go back to Sethekk, can't say I agree Sethekk being better. Depends on what you boost with I guess. As a prot pally I like to clear in instance in as little pulls as possible, mostly not more then 5. In mana tombs I do 4 thrash pulls + 2 boss pulls (which I could skip). In Sethekk I just couldn't do that. Before the first boss you have the time-lost controllers who put down a mind control totem and in the first room the thrash went after my alts when I got MC'd. You pretty much have to kill those controllers before pulling the next. After first boss you have some dead space where the alts weren't getting xp (not at entrance and not in corner of first big room). After that come the prophets, if I pull too many I end up being chain feared and die, pretty much forcing me to kill the 1-2 prophets in a group before going for the next group.

The healers in mana tombs aren't that bad as long as you target them first while everything is grouped up, tab targetting through them.
    I can clear SH with a ret set in 9 minuets excluding looting, 12 minuets including looting.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 05-27-2010 at 01:08 AM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    attached >>
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    leave the toons in the entrance clear up up to first boss. -
    move toons to 90 degree corridor before boss room
    clear the rest of the instance.

/profit :P

My biggest problem with SFK is the number of instances you can enter within a one-hour period. 8 minute runs from start to finish with my paladin makes me have to wait a bit for the timer to reset.

EDIT: Also with the recent summoning stone changes there is still a minimum level that they need to be. I know it's not 10 or 13 since I tried at both of those levels. So, SFK might be 15, I'll check it when I get some toons to that level.

EDIT 2: I forgot to check at 15, but at 16 they were summonable to SFK. So unless you have another way to get them there (another warlock, which is what I did), you may want to just quest them to 15 if you are Alliance. Close enough to run to if Horde.
    Last edited by Malgor : 06-04-2010 at 05:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Malgor View Post
    My biggest problem with SFK is the number of instances you can enter within a one-hour period. 8 minute runs from start to finish with my paladin makes me have to wait a bit for the timer to reset.
    I find that when I'm running instances under the 12 minutes barrier I tend to loot the corpses to waste time. it also makes you a load of cash from AH sales of cloth & shards

I have just done some boosting of my new pally team using my druid tank.

SFK, just pull as much as possible and swipe swipe swipe.

SM:

The graveyard: I did this once. It suck
    The library: The problem with this instance is the npc stops following you around after a bit. If you park your toons at the entrance 95% of the instance will give XP (no RAF).
    The Armory: I go up to herod and pull the whole instance to my toons. I might aswell because I have to run back anyway
    The Cathedral I stealth to the commander and kill him in cat form - then shifts into bearform, charge whitemane and drop her to 1% health so she will stun me. If you do this right, only 3-4 elites will be hitting you at this point, the rest will stand by the alter and you will be in the hall to the room behind the alter.
    I then shapeshifts into catform again, do one swipe at the commander and whitemane, then rund all the way back to my toons at the entrance. Here I spank the whole instance. You should be getting around 60+ mobs with the swipes if you did the pull correctly.
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN

Library - park toons at entrance, kill with swipe as you go. Easy.

Armory - park toons at entrance, kill with swipe as you go, up to the second set of stairs (the last staircase before you reach Herod). After that staircase, your toons are too far away to get exp. Stealth to Herod, pull him and all remaining mobs back to the staircase and kill. Better than pulling the whole instance because less repair bills.

Cath - park toons at entrance, kill with swipe as you go everything outside the Cath. Pull boss and run outside Cath, and kill everything that comes.

Your slaves never have to move, and the only "complication" is the second staircase in the Armory.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by Malgor View Post

EDIT: Also with the recent summoning stone changes there is still a minimum level that they need to be. I know it's not 10 or 13 since I tried at both of those levels. So, SFK might be 15, I'll check it when I get some toons to that level.

EDIT 2: I forgot to check at 15, but at 16 they were summonable to SFK. So unless you have another way to get them there (another warlock, which is what I did), you may want to just quest them to 15 if you are Alliance. Close enough to run to if Horde.
    Level 15 is the level requirement on the stones.

Quote Originally Posted by ragawaga View Post
    Why bother? Stick in SM till 40 then head to ZF. It only takes about 2 runs to get 40-45. Depending on what class you're using to boost, this instance isn't too bad. I use a demo lock, so I just run and dot with the toons on follow. The dots do a fair bit of damage on their own....and the demon finishes everything off pretty quickly.
    Thanks for this suggestion which I tried yesterday. It would have required me 2 runs and a half if at one point I hadn't made the terrible mistake of running back towards my toons with a lot of mobs behind my booster (these mobs tend to drop fire totems which killed my low levels toons pretty quickly but I was looking for a corner to hide behind in order to force all the casters to come back to melee). Also I run with a well geared pally tank but it wasn't as easy as you say with your warlock because I can't just run & dot and my toons would die too easily if i didn't park them. So I lost some time figuring out a few good spots where I could safely park toons without missing xp. The whole experience was kinda fun anyway.

Also wanted to thanks you all for this whole thread : it really helped me A LOT already.

Now going to head to Scholomance tonight
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman