Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 48

Hopefully when cata is out, they will shorten the 70-80 exp requirements, thus making it possible to boost in UK from 65, so you might be able to keep running ramps to 65, then go to UK for a while. Be interesting if you could boost all the way to 78 and then start questing in the new zones...

- SFK (min 10) - i think the toons can get xp from anywhere in the instance (haven't tested though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaia_-LvnQc

A video I made a long time ago. I leave the boosties at the entrance and then I nearly clear the whole instance (up to the wolf I believe). Clearning more isn`t efficient timewise. I pulled in groups because mobs seemed to reset.

SFK, at entrance.

SM cath, at entrance, dance to the cathedral entrance without aggroing mobs, pull mograine, aggro the top part outside the cathedral and kill it outside the cathedral Go down the waterfall, aggro all below, kill.

SM armory, leave slaves at entrance, dance to Herod without aggroing mobs, open door, pull the whole instance, Kill. You should be close to the entrance now.

That's my experience so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ragawaga View Post
    Because of the Eye of Naxxramus, I wouldn't ever risk leaving them anywhere. I used to use Strat as my 45-55 run, but since trying Scholo.....Strat's been given the boot!

if your tank is geared enough. enter all toons on dead side. go in chapel and then with booster/tank pull the whole side from scarlet to the chapel. (no eyes will pop in/near the chapel)

I've been boosting with a lvl 80 geared prot pally and it normally takes me about 9-10 hours played following this route. This is while I'm watching tv most of the time during as well, if you focus it should be faster.

0-10: just quest

10-20: SFK
    You can park at the door and kill everywhere in the instance, I generally pull everything in about 4-5 pulls.

20-40: SM
    I leave my alts at the door in both armory and cathedral. In armory I run to herod, preferably without aggroing anything and then pull everything inside back to the first hallway (just before the courtyard). In cathedral I don't aggro the first hallway, when outside I start aggroing the right side. Opening the doors can be tricky with a bunch of mobs on you but you can kill them if you want. If sacred shield isn't enough to open the doors I can just bubble and open them. After that I pull boss, effectively aggroing everything inside and start running back to the first hallway. On the way back I pull everything on the left side and eventually kill everything in the first hallway.

40-45: BRD
    Yes, this sucks but it's close to my next boosting area so I save some time on that.
    In here I do about 3 big pulls. First you'll need the shadowforge key. Open the door immediatly to the left when you enter brd and kill the fire elemental. Park the alts just before the second door. Now run up to Bael'Gar and if you want loot just kill him first or you can skip him. Start aggroing all the thrash while running back toward your alts. Kill everything when you're back to the area where you killed the fire elemental. After this do the same with the right side of the big hallway, pulling everything from the big doors back to the alts. Make sure you single target the healers first while killing everything. For the final huge pull you go through the 2 locked doors and unlock that thing which opens the passage leading to the bar and such. As soon as you unlocked that start aggroing everything and go towards general Angerforge. In Angerforges room you can kill everything, the alts should still get the xp.

45-60: BRS
    This must be my fav boosting area as it's really fast. In here I do 2-3 pulls, depending on lockout time. Leave alts at the door for now. First pull, don't aggro anything yet and go towards lbrs. Go up the ramp to the right, jump down and to up the ramp to the right again, start pulling the orcs from the back right (make sure you don't fall down the middle or you'll be outside again). Pull everything back to the starting area, this includes the top area, the 2 little groups just before lbrs, the 2 patrolling orcs, the 3 rooms below the ramps, the orcs in the back of the starting room, more patrolling orcs and whatever is still not aggro'd in the starting area. LoS everything to the left so the casters get close and kill everything at the start.
    Now the second pull is what makes this an awesome area. For this pull park the alts in the first room on the left below the ramps. You will now pull the entire starting area of ubrs. Don't aggro yet and run towards the last room (just passed the closed doors leading to Emberseer). Ranged aggro that room and the 2 rooms just before it. The dragonkins shouls also get aggro'd. Run down the stairs and aggro the 4 rooms there making sure you end up in the first room to the left from as you enter the area. Stand in the corner of that room and single target the dragonkins first. While you focus on the dragonkins more adds will be summoned ... more xp! Kill everything after that, you can take it a bit slow if you want more adds summoned, but don't wait too long as the damage taken can add up.
    The third pull I don't always do as it's kinda annoying and the moneymaker is the second pull anyway. This one is in lbrs, run all the way to the ogres and aggro everything on the way back to lbrs start, kill everything there. The annoying part of this pull is the mobs that net you and they do it more often then hand of freedom is of c/d. It's still good xp and there are also some extra summoned mobs from the warlocks.

60-??
    I've started trying this last week and so far I like Mana Tombs. I only do this during rest state, but it takes about 30 min for a level if you're rested. You can leave the alts at the door.
    Pull 1: pull and kill everything before Pandemonius, don't aggro him.
    Pull 2: kill Pandemonius
    Pull 3: Pull the first room after Pandemonius, single target priests first. Pull everything back towards entrance of that room.
    Pull 4: Pull the second room upto Tavarok, don't aggro him. Pull everything back to where you killed pull 3.
    Pull 5: BIG pull and kinda tricky with stuns and fears that can end up hurting. Skip Tavarok, you can just hug wall and run passed. Killing him will be out of range of alts and he'll reset if you try to pull him closer. You now aggro everything upto and including the mobs in Nexus-Prince Shaffar's room, just don't aggro boss. Kill everything in the boss room. If you kill anything before that room your alts most likely won't get the xp, not sure what the magic spot is.
    Pull 6: Just kill Shaffar, anything in his room that wasn't aggro'd yet will now also aggro, so don't bother gathering anything else first.

Make sure to go with sacred shield, seal of light, judgement of light, blessing of sanc if you're doing this with a pally, especially in mana tombs you'll need it. Bubble and LoH are also your friend on pull 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittavainen View Post
    Stand in the corner of that room and single target the dragonkins first. While you focus on the dragonkins more adds will be summoned ... more xp!
    That has been changed.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...805978&sid=1#4

0-10 Quest
    10-20 Shadowfang Keep
    20-40 Scarlet Monastery
    40-45 options here, they include ZF or questing for a bit. BRD works too, but it's a real pain to transport people there
    45-58 Scholomance - Scholomance is by far the best option, hands down.
    58 - Quest in Hellfire Peninsula. It's really important to do these questlines because your characters will basically be naked without any gear, and they are actually very, very efficient in terms of XP/hour. When you do the available quests, you'll have gear for just about every slot. You need some gear to avoid being 1-shot as you powerlevel the characters later.

Outlands instances that are worthwhile:

Blood Furnace - This is just a nice and easy, solid XP/hour instance to run. You can drag your team along with you and pull large rooms at a time without too much time lost. If you run a melee team, they can just /follow your main and you can drag them all the way through (easiest if you have a class like a bear tank, admittedly, swipe spam FTW!)

Underbog - OK, other people love this more than I do.

Mana Tombs - Also not bad, instance is a little short however.

For BC content, I generally like to quest and knock out only the non-collection quests. When you run out of quests, you can hop in and powerlevel for a bit until you hit the next level needed for the next zone. You can basically do the same thing for WotLK content. Flying and cold-weather flying help immensely, obviously.
    Cranky old-timer.

Sethekk halls > mana tomb for boosting imo. The mobs are much more melee focussed instead of the bomb of casters and HEALERS on mana tombs. The mobs are closer to each other aswell, it's quite a small instance with some easy to clear rooms.

* always only loot bosses !!

Scholo 45-55
    - no toons moving
    - best boost instance in the game

Hellfire Ramparts 55-62
    - no toons moving

Sethekk halls 62-65
    - place your toons in the upper corner of the first room (cleared) to cover 95% of the instance
    - this is the only 60+ dungeon you don't need to move your toons

Utgarde Keep 65-70
    - northend mobs give more xp, easiest northend dungeon
    - toons on follow, aoe tanking
    - use dungeon finder for fast resets

AV & Quests 70-80
    - quit AV if takes over 10 min (rush failed)
    - drop annoying quests (collect)

Sethekk halls toon pos:
    ......._____........
    .......|X .....|.......
    ____|........|____
    .....First room....
    Last edited by drevil : 05-11-2010 at 04:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Littleburst View Post
    Sethekk halls > mana tomb for boosting imo. The mobs are much more melee focussed instead of the bomb of casters and HEALERS on mana tombs. The mobs are closer to each other aswell, it's quite a small instance with some easy to clear rooms.
    After reading this and the post after I decided to go back to Sethekk, can't say I agree Sethekk being better. Depends on what you boost with I guess. As a prot pally I like to clear in instance in as little pulls as possible, mostly not more then 5. In mana tombs I do 4 thrash pulls + 2 boss pulls (which I could skip). In Sethekk I just couldn't do that. Before the first boss you have the time-lost controllers who put down a mind control totem and in the first room the thrash went after my alts when I got MC'd. You pretty much have to kill those controllers before pulling the next. After first boss you have some dead space where the alts weren't getting xp (not at entrance and not in corner of first big room). After that come the prophets, if I pull too many I end up being chain feared and die, pretty much forcing me to kill the 1-2 prophets in a group before going for the next group.

The healers in mana tombs aren't that bad as long as you target them first while everything is grouped up, tab targetting through them.