Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Stop following & G15 keys

I have recently made the switch from Keyclone to ISBoxer for the same reasons most do; more features, built in FTL.

However, after reading through the wiki and huge guides posted up on the forums, I am still a little confused on a couple of areas and would appreciate some help.

How do I go about stopping all my toons from following me? I want to position them for a boss fight etc, and right now all I am doing is pressing Shift+Alt+r to enable broadcasting, moving them all with w, then turning it off. You can press Alt+F to make them all follow you, is there a similar keybind to just simply make them stop following?

I have a first generation G15 keyboard, with the 18 keys. I have followed the guide written by Ualaa, but seeing as that guide is written for a slightly older version of ISBoxer, I struggled through it. I use an ingame addon called G15 Buttons (i think) and it simply puts up a actionbar that is the same shape as the keys on the G15 keyboard.
    You can go into keybindings and assign a keystroke. Right now I have only assigned two of the G15 keys with Ctrl+Alt+G1 etc as just using the G1 key in ISBoxer wouldnt recognise it ingame.
    Anyway, the biggest issue is that in order to have this key stroke sent to all toons, I need to turn on broadcasting via Shift+Alt+r, press the button, then turn off broadcasting again. Considering I used to have this keybind set to water shield, you can see how annoying it gets in dungeons.

Related to this, I use the keybinds T & G for placing and recalling my totems respectively. However, in order to have this keybind sent to all toons, I must first enable broadcasting with Shift+Alt+r and then turn it off again.

Also, when my toons are feared in a dungeon, I can regroup them using Alt+F, but none of the click macros I have work anymore except on my main. I have the exact click macros from the extremely helpful wiki at the top of the page (except for the actionbar spots). I initially thought it was a problem with my macros, however it used to work Keyclone and using the Jamba auto follow option.

Apologies for the wall of text, but having spent quite a number of hours reading guides and watching videos, I'm sorta starting to confuse myself.

The answer is keymaps, you're trying to use is boxer like ketclone, which works but its not the right answer for you, I can't help you set up a keymap, because I myself don't understand how it works without it being in front of me and I'm at work right now.

Do a search for creating custom keymaps on the is boxer website and you,ll mostlikely find it, basically you need to make a custom key map for your "move backwards" key to get the alts to stop following and a couple more keymaps to the other keys you have that you want to do custom things with.

Ualaa could probably post a link, I know he knows a lot about that stuff good luck!

Look through the ISBoxer Keymaps and see how they're setup by default. To break follow you need to create a new keymap and choose a key on your keyboard for the Hotkey. Then on the first step choose New Keystroke Action. Pick your Target [in this case All w/o Current]. Then the Key Combination is going to be the key that is pressed on the above target's window(s). This can be any movement key which breaks follow.

Fen ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by ghonosyph View Post
    Fen ftw!
    Good day to you sir! I'm trying this new highlight thing with my text. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone's eyes.

Blog Entries

I've got a lot of examples, in the Keymap section of my guide.
    Basically, it is looking at existing mapped keys, and experimenting with them.

Initially experimenting broke a lot of things, but Lax and a few others got my configuration to work as I wanted it to.
    And I basically wrote the guide from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what they're doing (initially), but wants to make changes to the default.
    So each example, is along the lines of click here, select this.
    Hopefully, there are enough of them, that you will have an idea of how the system works.

I have one for independent slave movement.
    Which among other things, lets you move your slaves back a step, which breaks follow.

For the G15, I'd ditch the wow addon.
    Then you have two very general choices.

IS Boxer runs as administrator and launches warcraft as an administrator too.

So you can launch the profiler software as an administrator, and use it normally.

Or you can clear out all of the keys (empty configuration), and while Inner Space is running, start the profiler software and then end-task (Control + Shift + Escape >> Active Processes >> End Task on LGDCore.exe)
    At which point, you can bind mapped keys to your G-keys (with modifiers if you want Alt + G4) and use them as an integrated part of your IS Boxer Toolkit.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Good day to you sir! I'm trying this new highlight thing with my text. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone's eyes.
    I'd do a darker highlight on a lighter background.
    Or a lighter highlight, if the background were darker.

Just to be easier on the eyes.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Big thanks to the replies, used the directions from Fenril and have setup the appropriate keymaps which now transmit to all charaters as wanted, and it gives me a lot of insight as to answering a few other issues I had.

Thanks all

Adding formations/using formations is another way to break follow. Just add some of the predefined ones into your ISboxer and you're set.

Most people just use their slaves movement keys.

I do mine by having a key map activate a macro on my main screen that disables follow strobing, and at the same time hits the down arrow on my slaves. I just tap it a couple of times and everyone stops following (Sometimes if i just tap it once they keep following :/)